CONSOLE vs PC

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
ok, dont make this into a flaming thread, im just curious to those people that play video games, whats your weapon of choice?

PC or CONSOLE or badminton??

im full blown PC gamer. i want to get console but never got the money. and i suck with aiming with controller. i prefer the mouse and keyboard setup, more immersive for me.

I like PC the most, but then again I own almost every system. If there was something worthwhile, I'd have a PS3 or Xbox 360, but as it stands, I get all their best games with the addition of mods, better support, and no pay for extra content (minus expansions). Wii's Virtual Console has proven to be a marvelous thing though.

PC. Keyboard + Mouse just cannot be topped for most games other than fighting games, you can hook a gamepad to it if you like, and I have a joystick for the odd flight sim or space game. I also like being able to download any mod or plugin I want, access to the extra content, etc. Plus I can do other things with my computer...and it's just plain fun to build/work on them. Usually. :)

How are PC's better? The only advantages to PC's are that there are more games. With a console, you can still play online with others, the graphics are better, and your friends can sit down and play with you.

lovehurtme said:
How are PC's better? The only advantages to PC's are that there are more games. With a console, you can still play online with others, the graphics are better, and your friends can sit down and play with you.

Everything a console can do, a PC can do better. However, this is assuming you have a better PC.

For the most part it's a moot argument, consoles are essentially a standardized PC without any control to the internal machinations.

Jonny said:
lovehurtme said:

Higher quality games,more players,more skill,less whiney nerds. iMo

Less whiney Nerds? Have you tried Counterstrike Source?

Unacceptance said:

It's not that bad if you play on good servers, most of the people in my clan are in their 20's-30's.

Caesium said:
Unacceptance said:

It's not that bad if you play on good servers, most of the people in my clan are in their 20's-30's.

same can be said about consoles with a good friend's list though.

Gamers are gamers, idiots playing playing video games appear on both mediums. Is it easier via console? Maybe.

Console i've got a ps2 xbox and a ps3 yay me !!

XD

i just don't like having to go through and install pc games, and i'm just not for online gaming since you have to pay extra.

consoles keep it fun and simple for me :)

Console, I own a ps3 and a 360 this gen.

PC is just too hardcore for me, of course I could probably get a cheap pc with the same performance as the ps/360 and same graphic quality, but the graphic whore inside me keeps wanting more because I can, I get really picky and that's no good =( Going console puts an end to that, I just pop the game in and play, no tweaking or anything.

Some of the games I play on consoles aren't available on PC, mostly jrpgs and some action adventure games, so I usually stick with consoles. I do have a pretty crappy laptop that could play anything that's HL2 quality, but it overheats so **** much XD so I don't usually game on it unless I have to.

PC's are more costly. If you build them yourself, like me, then I'd say that a decent rig costs about $1200. (And that's just the tower) And you'll probably upgrade every 2-3 years. Which is about the same amount of time in which a console generation lasts. A console costs ~$200-$500, a big savings.

PC gaming is for those that can make the game time count. Consoles are much better suited for those that are "casual" gamers.

Then there are the games themselves. PC exclusivity seems to be a rarity nowadays. Seems that developers go console side first, and if the game succeeds, a PC port is started. (Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed). The only real games made for PC are those that simply are not possible on consoles. Mostly RTS and some MMO's (Command and Conquer, WoW).

Its about games you like to play and cost. Choose the one that gives you the most of what you want, and still stays inside the budget.

A personal aside:

For me, the thrill of making a new creation (my gaming rig) every couple years is exciting and a special ritual for me. Including my own personal touches; such as case lighting, water-cooling and custom paint. I'm probably going to build my masterpiece this Christmas with money I've been saving.

Its this process that will always keep me a PC gamer at heart.

I like both, but I can't get on the consoles very often. I can get on my PC anytime I want though so tend to play on that more. We also don't have the newer systems yet. No 360 or PS3. Of course I don't think I play as much as I'm sure most of you younger gamers do. Maybe an hour or two a day, a few times a week at most. But I do want to get the new Mortal Combat vs DC Universe game if it's available for PC.

I have both a XBox 360 and a computer, though I spend far more time on the computer.

So I guess my answer is badminton.

Latest posts

Back