Crush vs. Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now, a haiku...

A crush is fleeting
But love is ever lasting
If the sex is good

Steel said:
Cypha said:
A crush is an invitation to be in a relationship, be romantic, and get to know someone. All these things must happen before the illusion of love can come.

As far as love is concerned, it's just as much of a myth as the human soul, something we can feel but certainly can't prove. And just like the soul it is impossible for a pure, fully developed sense of love to exist in the human world, it's too perfect. What humans feel when we want to marry someone could be for security, offspring to start a family or simply because we want to share life with someone. Love between children, parents, family members, and God exist, but true love between a man and a women, that's debatable. I'm not saying it truly isn't possible, but niether is time travel.

Ok, aside from the fact that this has nothing to do with the subject of the thread :p

You start off by saying "love doesn't exist" and then admit that it does between those whom we are related to - given this, why is it so hard to accept that it can exist between two people who desire a relationship together?

I didn't say love in relationships didn't exist, so don't get it twisted, like I'm just talking out of my ass. And true love is not hard for me to accept, it's just not common in the area I live where most people in relationships let money situations, confidence issues, or other honeysuckle that people can't change turn them against each other. This is just what I see, not what I believe everyone should be doing. My apolgizes for going off subject.

Difference bewteen love and a crush:

Love is forever, a crush is temporary. On subject enough for ya?

Cypha said:
On subject enough for ya?

Lol eeeaaaasy, Cypha. No biggie. Steel wasn't really getting onto you or anything. :)

And I think you summed it up very nicely...lol except that in my experience love can be temporary too....or maybe I was just not in love. :p Hard to tell with emotions getting in the way, unless love IS an emotion....

...lol anyway, I dunno. Love is too confusing a subject to ever totally understand, I think.

----Steve

a crush is something you have on the cute girl working at the starbucks

love is something that you share with someone and feels amazing in the beginning but in the end you slowly realize that it was all bullshit and ******* lies. ends up being one of the most painful things youll ever ******* experience. fresia love

hope this helps

Badjedidude said:
Cypha said:
On subject enough for ya?

Lol eeeaaaasy, Cypha. No biggie. Steel wasn't really getting onto you or anything. :)

And I think you summed it up very nicely...lol except that in my experience love can be temporary too....or maybe I was just not in love. :p Hard to tell with emotions getting in the way, unless love IS an emotion....

...lol anyway, I dunno. Love is too confusing a subject to ever totally understand, I think.

----Steve

My apologies. I guess the love thing just has many levels, but my first point was that everyone wants to be loved in different ways and if they can find someone who will love them that way then it's all good. Communication is key though. But yes, love is too confusing to understand which is why people are blind to it.

Crush - Heart beats like crazy & keep thinking of him/her BUT could be forgotten easily you didn't see him/her for 1 month and you totally forgot about his/her existence, feelings comes and go very quickly.
Love - Heart beats like crazy, keep thinking of him/her, wants to be by his/her side every single moment, he/she is still on your mind even without seeing him/her for 1,2 months, feeling doesn't go at all & is willing to do anything for him/her.

SPAAAAAAAM. Remove link from signature or face DELETION!!! OR BANNING!!! XD

----Steve

Latest posts

Back