Cutting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk9007

Reaction score
Heres a lovely little topic. what your opinion on it? honestly. i know alot of people bash on cutters,and whatnot. but do you think thats helping any. i have a freind who says they do it because it numbs the pain for a while. a few of my oither freinds did it also( though for them it was a one time thing) ill admit ive done it....twice. the first time i was courius,and the second i was hoping for the same feeling of numbness that my freind gets.(didnt numb,by the way, just made me feel worse)i know its a weird conversation, but heres my arguement if cutting helps you get threw things easier, why shouldnt you do it? i mean if it numbs the pain for a while,and all you do is give a few drops of blood then why not. im pritty sure people are gonna be likie,wtf is wrong with this kid. but i have a few topics that i take quite seriusly, this being one of them. i know its BAD,but what if it helps that person get threw life. isnt it better to relive pain for a while then let it build up and have it explode to a limit whare you end your life.....your opinion....

p.s im not for,or against it. my opinon on life,do whatever makes you happy.

Personally i only feel it's wrong since we aren't naturally supposed to do it. It sure makes me "feel" bad of thinking of a friend who'd do it, but as long as it actually does help more mentally than it hurts physically, i don't really see it as such a big deal. Of course i'd do all i could to help a friend of mine stop (never had any friends who did it), but if the sharp object itself is clean and the cut doesn't cause any damage, i guess it would be unfair to say that it's wrong to do it since we all have some sort of poison to make us feel better/less.

I had done cutting before i ever heard a term for it. That was long ago.

hawk9007 said:
... but heres my arguement if cutting helps you get threw things easier, why shouldnt you do it?

Relief from cutting doesn't last, it just masks thing over.

Cuts can become infected if done with a nonsterile tool.

It is possible to misjudge the depth and do injury that requires medical attention.

Cutting can become habit forming and can become a habit that is hard to break.

I'm just an amature, I've only stabbed my arm repeatedly in frustration a couple of times. Feels great but I wish i had a proper razor. I regret them now though because the stabs were inelegant and I'm afraid they might be getting too much attention because of the ugly pinkish flesh marks. Of course they don't look as intentional as cuts would, more like a dog attack.
Dunno about numbing and stuff, I felt like I wanted to hurt myself out of frustration, i just wish I did something more productive instead, like carving my name on my arm, but you don't think straight at those times. Plus it's hard to do a good job with a kitchen knife, and it would feel a little stupid to go buy a razor....for the purpose of cutting myself.
I wouldn't consider it a type of therapy though, it's like amputating a limb because of an infection, It's an immediate action done in desperate and seemingly hopeless situation and you'll keep the scars for life. Of course not that dramatic. For me it is an act of hysteria, that'll bring nothing but regret...but if you get high off it, its the same as any other drug...I just do it because im crazy or...violently incompetent.

Now would perhaps be another good time to tip off with trying out a punching-bag, rather than using Yourself.

true, buy a desperate unemployed person. With the shape of the economy I'd expect that you could find someone willing to get beat up for some cash.

Sometimes when we just get really ticked off we need a quick violent spasm and since killing people is illegal and parents often yell at us for breaking stuff. We do it to the only person that won't complain, or file charges on assult :( ourselves, and thats the relief we get. Idk thats my take on it, a few times i've gotten really pissed i just took a guitar pick and ran it feveriously aganst my arm, it didn't do too much harm.

i would advise against cutting though because it will often turn into an addiction and many times you'll get the impulse to go deeper to get more relief.

The most important reason that you shouldn't carve on your own body, is that you might accidently carve too deep! Or you might be frustrated or angry enough to go a little too far, in which there would be no return, no chance to regret what you did. It's like getting a tattoo. You might think it's no big deal now, but later, you might wish you hadn't done it. What if you tattooed Sarah's name on your butt cheek and then later, you ended up proposing to Kristy? How do you explain Sarah's name on your ass? :p
Not to mention the scars that you just might regret later.
Having said that, some people might consider it no big deal to have to explain scars when asked..what happened right here? Imagine a future partner asking how you got the scars? Would you really want to lie to them? If not, be prepared to tell the truth and explain the reasoning behind what you did. Society in general doesn't accept "cutting" as being normal behavior. If you've never "cut", how can you know what it does for the cutter? Answer: You can't. Often, people cut themselves out of anger, frustration and feelings of not being able to control their own lives. One of the very few things that a person has control over, however, is their own body. I think this could be the reason that cutters choose to cut themselves. Cutters get frustrated to the point of (mentally and emotionally) imploding. They get a great sense of relief when they cut. It makes the focus move from the mental or emotional, to the physical. A lot of people would much rather be in physical pain, than emotional pain. Cutting is something that they have complete control over. How many things can we say that we have control over in our lives? It provides a release. Plain and simple. A release that they might not otherwise be able to obtain.
Do I agree with cutting? Agree? It's not for you nor I to agree or disagree, is it? After all, seeking release by cutting is less dangerous than say sky diving, now isn't it?

it's also cheeper than renting the parachute, plane and airplane pilot

EveWasFramed said:
The most important reason that you shouldn't carve on your own body, is that you might accidently carve too deep!

isnt that the goal. lol think about it this way, the deeper the wound, the more you go numb.

don't we have this thread already? [Edited-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

[XXXXXX]

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

[What you don't know can't hurt me the way you knowing would]

hawk9007 said:
Heres a lovely little topic. what your opinion on it? honestly. i know alot of people bash on cutters,and whatnot. but do you think thats helping any. i have a freind who says they do it because it numbs the pain for a while. a few of my oither freinds did it also( though for them it was a one time thing) ill admit ive done it....twice. the first time i was courius,and the second i was hoping for the same feeling of numbness that my freind gets.(didnt numb,by the way, just made me feel worse)i know its a weird conversation, but heres my arguement if cutting helps you get threw things easier, why shouldnt you do it? i mean if it numbs the pain for a while,and all you do is give a few drops of blood then why not. im pritty sure people are gonna be likie,wtf is wrong with this kid. but i have a few topics that i take quite seriusly, this being one of them. i know its BAD,but what if it helps that person get threw life. isnt it better to relive pain for a while then let it build up and have it explode to a limit whare you end your life.....your opinion....

p.s im not for,or against it. my opinon on life,do whatever makes you happy.

Firstly any one that makes fun of someone because they cut is a very sad individual in deed.

People cut because it releases the pain they feel. When the blood flows out its like there pain goes with it to what I understand.

Its looked at seriously because the cuts can get infected and cause big problems for you health wise. Even to have a limb amputated has been known. Plus most people would hide the cuts because there ashamed of what there doing. psychological this can course moor damage. I.E In summer you would still be wearing a baggy top or trousers when most other people would be wearing shorts and a short sleeved top. This can make a person not wont to go out because friends and family would ask them about this.

It certainly would not give you any moor confidantes to face the world as your self.

You also risk the fact that you might cut into a main archery and die.

The thing is this dose not make anything better. maybe for the first few minutes that its been done it would but then you still have the same problems and you have an extra cut you just did. Every time you cut you add one moor problem to your life.

Get help fined a doctor and start telling people that your in pain and you could do with some help.

I know its not always this easy. But if your cutting its not practical to carry on. You well need to do something about it sooner or later.

Qui said:

[XXXXXX]

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

(((HUGS)))

When your ready to Share we well be here.

I didn't realise how common cutting is, I've been on other websites and there have been posts regarding this thread.

Cutting seems to me no different from anorexia, bulima ecetera. I know someone with bulima, I tried to help by telling some close friends of ours but the person in question who was skinny anyway wouldn't give up, he'd been an overweight child when young. Just like cutting, there are reasons that are unable to comprehend, I guess the only thing is to give support.

hawk9007 said:
EveWasFramed said:
The most important reason that you shouldn't carve on your own body, is that you might accidently carve too deep!

isnt that the goal. lol think about it this way, the deeper the wound, the more you go numb.

Well, I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't think that to go deep enough to murder yourself would be the goal, now would it??
It's all about dulling the pain of one thing, by increasing the pain of something else, namely your body.

smooches... xoxo

Eve

Bluey said:
Qui said:

[XXXXXX]

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

(((HUGS)))

Thanks Bluey, I'm just not sure where to draw the line between acceptable sharing and saying too much.

Qui said:
Bluey said:
Qui said:

[XXXXXX]

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

(((HUGS)))

Thanks Bluey, I'm just not sure where to draw the line between acceptable sharing and saying too much.

Well sometimes we have to just get it out there what ever is bothering us.

But I would normally advice anyone not to post anything there going to regret. I mean posts and even threads can be deleted. But we can not control how many ppl would see them first and we are unable to delete things from peoples brains as ye now.

You could use PM to anyone you like on here. but again if they tell other ppl there is nothing that anyone can do about that. We did have on person on here that was complaining cos she PM'd someone about some stuff and the person she told stuff to was telling other ppl. she wonted us to bane that person. we could not as that person had done nothing wrong. So again if anyone wants to keep stuff privet but still needs to talk to someone then I would always advice you get to know a person first. this way you can be a better judge on how trustworthy a person is.

And of course your always moor then welcome to PM me or any of the moderators. Not even another moderator wold tell me or any of us what gets said in a PM.

oww me babbling again lol

I did it my freshman year in Highschool when all my former friends abandoned me and I became a loner, I had noone to talk to, to interact with. I was alone so I turned to the brand new razors in my bathroom, after a week or so I lost interest, it wasnt my thing. I am more likely to inflict pain on something else than myself, I have a self-preservation nerve that screamed at me to stop, so I did.

The Pain was never enough, and I was smart enough to never go farther than what would heal. I have a friend who used to (and as far as I know still does) cut herself, and gruesomely. She once cut so deep I thought she would bleed to death...Its not fun finding out your friends are cutting instead of coming to you and asking for help, but asking for help is pretty hard, and when your trust isnt that great it becomes impossible :/

I have never considered cutting myself but when I was younger I had a problem with my knee...so to try and get some kind of attention from my parents i used to try and cause damage to it...would hit it with a hammer...the problem was the pain would be intense...but the guilt that followed was even worse. I have since realised that this was a cry for help from me when I was 12...i didn't realise then that 25 years later I would be crying for help again.

My advice would be to try and resolve the issues you have...counsel them...face them...I am and although some days are very painful I have to believe that it will make me a stronger person.

Asking for help though is difficult...but there are many people here for you who would help.

Latest posts

Back