There is Hope in Loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBH62

Reaction score
"Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

My name is Sherrie T., a few years ago, this quote by Victor Hugo, "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come." became real when I found myself in a place of pain, loss, and depression. I was sitting in my favorite chair, trying to figure out my life after being unemployed for six years due to a freak accident at work. As I was recovering from my injuries, I realized I no longer wanted to or could not do the work I had been doing for years. It became evident that I needed to reinvent myself. I began searching the internet and asking friends and family for help which brought little to no results.

So, I began soul searching, seeking God for direction. Day after day, week after week, I sought God to clarify how I could use my gifts and talents to empower others to live out their God-given potential and impact the world. One night before retiring, I asked infinite intelligence to give me a phrase consisting of three words that would affect how people thought and lived their lives every day. My favorite book to read is the Bible because I believe God's principles can be life-changing when you apply them.

"Destiny and time come together."

Then one day, destiny and time came together. God answered my request with the phrase "Believer for Life." How could these words give people hope, value, and joy? In my Ah-ha moment, I considered what Believer for Life means to me. It represented the good in all of us; being a believer for life gave me hope in my pain, calm in my storms, and comfort in my loss. Being a Believer for Life interrupted my darkness and illuminated the light. Life is not always peaches and cream but reveals the bumps and bruises of discouragement, hurt, and pain. That can cost you your lifesaving, personal relationships, and health. Lord knows I have had my fair share of misery, but I always find hope and direction in the word of God.

I joined this forum to encourage you along your journey. Words matter, and a kind word is healing to the soul.

Welcome to the forum. Please note though that we don’t debate religion here. There are other forums for that. Most people need actual practical strategies to deal with their issues rather than biblical verse. If it helps you, more power to you.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Please note though that we don’t discuss religion here. There are other forums for that. Most people need actual practical strategies to deal with their issues rather than biblical verse. If it helps you, more power to you.
We don't DEBATE religion here. It can be discussed.

Welcome ^^

your spirit is good and your intentions are pure, as such I am pleased to say hello :)

stone churches are my favorite buildings in architecture, if you drop by a gorgeous one, don't hesitate to contemplate its beauty and intricacies ! (no
matter the religion, they are awe-inducing, and they always refill my spirit !)

stay safe out there, hopefully the injury is now a minor inconvenience today...

Latest posts

Back