Cutting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to do something like that. I'd carve words like "LOSER" on my arm. Sometimes I still tend to dig at them. Sometimes it's just a nervous thing, more often it's to give me something to focus on other than what's going on in my head.

cutting is ok but pointless. shooting something up in ur arm makes it even better.

Cutting has added to my problems more than it has ever given relief. Its stigma impacts on every relationship, family, friends, partners and even at work or with strangers, as it is visible and easily recognisable.

Though I am trying to stop, by substituting it with exercise, CBT and medication, the scars will always be there for people to judge.

I wish society would not further alienate those who try to deal with their problems (however ineffectively) in private, rather than taking them out on others. While I will forever regret starting to cut, surely it is no worse than, say, the abuse of the body with excess alcohol (which is relatively socially acceptable).

finix said:
Cutting has added to my problems more than it has ever given relief. Its stigma impacts on every relationship, family, friends, partners and even at work or with strangers, as it is visible and easily recognisable.

Though I am trying to stop, by substituting it with exercise, CBT and medication, the scars will always be there for people to judge.

I wish society would not further alienate those who try to deal with their problems (however ineffectively) in private, rather than taking them out on others. While I will forever regret starting to cut, surely it is no worse than, say, the abuse of the body with excess alcohol (which is relatively socially acceptable).

You are so correct that alcoholism dose seem to be moor socially acceptable. Its sad really cos I would say that would do moor damage to someones life.

Socially as a hole is ignorant on a lot of things though. You can not look at what ppl or socially thinks of you. Only what you think of your self is important.

I personally would not look down on anyone that was cutting. It would not even stop me from dating a girl that was cutting. The way I see it its just an outlet to pain. All be it a very bad out let it still is nothing moor then that.

Sounds like your fighting this and good for you. If you fall one time just remember that your allowed to trip up now and again.

Also welcome to the site :)

LonelyDragon said:
I used to do something like that. I'd carve words like "LOSER" on my arm. Sometimes I still tend to dig at them. Sometimes it's just a nervous thing, more often it's to give me something to focus on other than what's going on in my head.

Same here, but i still do carve words in you arm like loser, or fail...stuff like that, really hard to stop doing it too

I used to have a boyfriend who started to self harm when we were together. He would bang his wrists of a surface for ages and end up with bruises, like really big black painful looking ones, eventually he moved onto cutting amongst other things.
No matter how I tried I couldn't understand why he would want to do this to himself, even when he tried to explain why he felt the need to do it, and got so frustated. It was soul destroying to watch someone you love hurt themselves, and have no explanation other than it feels good.

One night I lost my honeysuckle after I found him harming, I threw a kitchen knife at him and told him to do it properly. Not proud of that moment, i remember thinking "f**k, what have i just done!!!!!". I think that was due to my lack of understanding. After that i made it my business to look it up and try to understand, so i didn't do something so shitty again, i was horrified at my actions.

We're still friends, and he's a lot better now, moved on, married with a baby girl. guess that was something he had to go through at that time, he says he regrets his actions and the scars he's left with, as he says its his souviners from a long hard journey.

I don't pretend to know why people do it, i don't like it, but who am I to say what you can and cant do with your body, i would say channel your emotions into something less harmful, but it would fall on deaf ears if your gonna do it, your gonna do, at the very least be safe about what your gonna do, it's only common sense.

(That was a load of my chest, jeezo)

Hello...

I used to cut and it reinforced my need to punish myself. I wasn't happy with anything and was incapable of forgiveness (to myself. just for being weak I guess,) until I was made to stop cutting.

I did it because my emotions were so strong they required an action. So I acted – but it brought many things down on me and made things worse. I really wasn't here for most of the age 15 and 16. I'm 17 now, and now i'm playing catch up with school and learning to drive and all the stuff you do when you're that age. I hardly remember much from that time, so much of it was like a nightmare.

It took me years to re-paint my picture of myself and deal with being around people and learn how to want to live again.

I just want to say to those who might be just starting... it's really hard to stop and everyone who cares about you (even if you bitterly laugh and say 'who'?) won't understand and it will be hard for you to be around them or anyone who doesn't understand as time goes past. And hard to stop... really hard.

to those who might still be here... it bleeds doesn't it? Everything bleeds once you start cutting. Things can get better though, and it's worth it to let yourself feel ok once in a while. Honest.

And to those who are journeying to recovery... Journal a lot cause I can't remember much of my journey back and I wish I could to help others who are trapped. It hurts but as you learn to function other things will fall back into place.

I don't think I should spend much time in this thread. memories suck.

Luisa said:
I used to have a boyfriend who started to self harm when we were together. He would bang his wrists of a surface for ages and end up with bruises, like really big black painful looking ones, eventually he moved onto cutting amongst other things.
No matter how I tried I couldn't understand why he would want to do this to himself, even when he tried to explain why he felt the need to do it, and got so frustated. It was soul destroying to watch someone you love hurt themselves, and have no explanation other than it feels good.

One night I lost my honeysuckle after I found him harming, I threw a kitchen knife at him and told him to do it properly. Not proud of that moment, i remember thinking "f**k, what have i just done!!!!!". I think that was due to my lack of understanding. After that i made it my business to look it up and try to understand, so i didn't do something so shitty again, i was horrified at my actions.

We're still friends, and he's a lot better now, moved on, married with a baby girl. guess that was something he had to go through at that time, he says he regrets his actions and the scars he's left with, as he says its his souviners from a long hard journey.

I don't pretend to know why people do it, i don't like it, but who am I to say what you can and cant do with your body, i would say channel your emotions into something less harmful, but it would fall on deaf ears if your gonna do it, your gonna do, at the very least be safe about what your gonna do, it's only common sense.

(That was a load of my chest, jeezo)

i cant really explain it too you, i just started doing it after my gf broke up on me on some bull reason, she couldnt life with the distance between us ( like err 100 km, or like 1 and a half hour ride) she was basicly the only thing that kept me from falling apart.

I used to cut a few years ago. It made me feel better, but only for a short time. it's just back then i didn't really have an alternate outlet for letting my feelings out. my brother had passed, my dad was hitting me, and i had no friends at school, so i couldnt just deal with it by holding it in.
looking at back, its understandable why i cut. but i still feel pretty shamed about it everytime i look at my scars and stuff..

Latest posts

Back