dad driving me insane

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
I just graduated a week ago from college and my dad is already on my case. At about 7am I was watching a cartoon and he started ranting on me that I can't just apply online, I have to network, apply to jobs out of state in Pennsylvania because NYC is hard to find jobs. He's a thick head and even though I tell him I'm looking, It's not good enough, he continues to yell and scream at me whenever I'm on the computer or not actively look for jobs when he sees me. Also, he is completely unsupportive of my online money making business and tells me I'm wasting my time. His negativity is ruining my business because he's making me feel depressed, thus I can't keep a clear mind to run it. I want to leave the house but I just graduated a week ago and don't have anyone who would let me leave so I have to pretend every day that I'm listening to him. I live in the city where everyone is rude. I went out for a walk to clear my mind, dodged 2 bumblebees and a 50 year old redhead lady with black shades on was walking right in front of me. She insulted me that I get out of her way, when she's too retarded to realize that I was dodging the bees which I'm allergic to. I'm just sick and tired of other people telling me I can't succeed, and insulting me every day. I wish I could go to a different state where the people are more nice like in upstate NY. Has anyone else experienced this?

i dont like where i live either. it goes from ghetto to redneck in like a 20 mile radius. im around rednecks where i live, 15 minutes up the road its ghetto as hell. theres a lot of racial tension here because of that and i cant stand it. people can be rude in public situations like you described here to. depending on how you look and where you are, you get looks from people. its ridiculous. it sounds like that job your looking for needs to be away from where you are now.

I can completely understand what you're going through. I'm 25..well 26 in a week...but I just got my bachelors degree in December at SUNY Albany actually..upstate! I'm trying to get out of upstate and go to nyc too. I've always came up with ideas with what I've wanted to do with my life and my family has always been unsupportive and really felt I had no option but to be in school. I said I wanted to do real estate and was told it was too difficult, I've said I wanted to be a hairdresser but that would be too difficult and people would get mad at me. I never even wanted to get my bachelor's degree. I would have been better off working all these years than being in school. I've been unemployed now and slipped back into an eating disorder and trying to lose weight before I even try to get a job.

Don't be discouraged though. Move away separate yourself from family if you have to. They normally mean well but sometimes it's best to be at distance from them...that's what I've learned.

Latest posts

Back