Dating websites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackdot said:
I'll admit my profile it literally the most unusual one that anyone has ever seen.
I did it that way because:
1.) It gets responses.
2.) It's me.
3.) The plain ones never worked.

Can we see it? It might be a helpful example for those who get no responses.

When people say that we can't get a good sense of who somebody is by reading their words, I automatically know one thing about that person... he or she isn't great at reading/ writing. There's nothing wrong with that, but folks with this problem have to understand that this doesn't mean online dating, in itself, is ineffective. It just means it's not for you, personally.

nerdygirl said:
When people say that we can't get a good sense of who somebody is by reading their words, I automatically know one thing about that person... he or she isn't great at reading/ writing. There's nothing wrong with that, but folks with this problem have to understand that this doesn't mean online dating, in itself, is ineffective. It just means it's not for you, personally.

I think it gives a good overview, but profiles are very contrived. They're rarely similar to how a person actually communicates over IM or in person, which is more "who someone is" to me than many things on a profile and also more important in forming friendships and relationships.

Coeur said:
nerdygirl said:

I think it gives a good overview, but profiles are very contrived. They're rarely similar to how a person actually communicates over IM or in person, which is more "who someone is" to me than many things on a profile and also more important in forming friendships and relationships.

Every person I've taken interest in through a dating site presented himself very well in his profile. The same people have always said that I, also, present myself accurately in my profile.

If you're saying that a profile doesn't show what it's like to have a conversation with the person, then of course that's true. A conversation is interactive while the profile is a monologue.

Littlesecret said:
CM Vader said:

Hey I hope you don't mind me weighing in on your post but your 'about me' was not good? Can I say that? :s

I don't know if you have had many dates off it but I was completely turned off by it,
"Yo, I'm Robbie. A lad who always tries to have a good time!" - no thanks, you already sound like you are not serious about finding relationship and let you are just looking for a "good time!"

The thing about dating websites is that your first line on your 'about me' is your opener as well as closer, girls will know automatically if they are interested by it.

I don't think it's right to type anymore out, also I'm pretty lazy!
There are other sentences you could really improve on if you want the help PM me.

Hmm, I see your point but aren't you looking a bit too far into it? I'm not sure what else I could put really lol.

Latest posts

Back