Dealing with the real world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramp

Reaction score
So how do you deal with the real world after graduation?

It's been a year since I've finished college and things have been quite different since then. Most of my friends have left town (some even the country) for work, but I've stayed back for a job and grad school. I still have a few friends in town (mostly people still in college), so I hardly get to hang out with young professionals. Meeting new people is turning out to be more and more of a challenge as I have a full time job and on most weekdays I work late and come home, watch some TV, cook, eat and do it all over again.

Grad school doesn't help meeting people either as I am a part-timer there and have to rush back to work after class, so don't get a lot of time to chat with people either.

So the problem is I'm not making new friends and the old ones are leaving; I hardly get to hang out with people my age or in my situation.

Tramp said:
So how do you deal with the real world after graduation?

It's been a year since I've finished college and things have been quite different since then. Most of my friends have left town (some even the country) for work, but I've stayed back for a job and grad school. I still have a few friends in town (mostly people still in college), so I hardly get to hang out with young professionals. Meeting new people is turning out to be more and more of a challenge as I have a full time job and on most weekdays I work late and come home, watch some TV, cook, eat and do it all over again.

Grad school doesn't help meeting people either as I am a part-timer there and have to rush back to work after class, so don't get a lot of time to chat with people either.

So the problem is I'm not making new friends and the old ones are leaving; I hardly get to hang out with people my age or in my situation.

Fins new friends or a new hobbie. That's my advice.

Try being more social at work or at school, and then text people outside of work and school to build friendships :), but only text them after you've built a rapport with them IN the work or school setting.

Latest posts

Back