Dec 21 2012

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has read about December 21 2012

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • What is it about

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I wonder if itll be like the y2k all over again with people stocking up on water and spam in their houses

ThisGuy said:
I wonder if itll be like the y2k all over again with people stocking up on water and spam in their houses

oh!

was i supposed to 'wait' to do that? :D

I have a "go" back for emergencies...it's a rucksack full of like 70lbs of survival equipment. Food, water, flares, fire-starting stuff, clothing, etc etc etc. I have it around in case a tornado destroys my town, but I guess I could use it for 12/12/2012. XD

----Steve

ThisGuy said:

Naw not much, there have been so many endings of the world that some of us have become a little jaded about it. There have been much better ones then the 2012 one.

I know a lot about 2012. Here I will give you the facts and the fiction:

0) Some people say Y2K wasn't honeysuckle, so I don't have to worry. Well that's because Y2K was never honeysuckle to begin with and 2000 was never said to be doomsday. I never worried when 2000 came around. I mean really, computers possibly having the wrong date is nothing to panic over.

1) All planets will align with the center of the galaxy, this only happens once every 630,000 years. It will happen, but that doesn't mean anything good or bad will result from it.

2) Nibiru (Planet X) has a 3,600 year eliptical orbit around the sun. It is believed to have caused the great flood, and pole shifts. It is due to arrive near Earth in 2012, but this doesn't necessarily mean something bad. I remember being a kid in 1991 in a barber shop when I read about them discovering planet X.

3) The Earths poles have shifted before and could do so again. There are already some traces of magnetic shift.

4) The supervolcano beneath Yellowstone could go off and is considered in the red zone, but I am aware of nothing that connects this to 2012.

5) dec 21 2012 is the end of the Mayan calender. The mayans also knew about the galactic alignment and made a ball game where the ball is Earth and they try to kick it into a hole representing the center of the galaxy. This is the only 2012 info most people care to know about.

6) Other cultures such as the Chinese I-ching came up with the same end date as the Mayans. It is not necessarily "the end" though, it may just be the beginning of a new age. Personally I think there might be some destruction, but all of humanity is not going to perish.

7) Prophecies from Prophets with good track records: Nostradamus, Lady Shipton, Merlin, perhaps even Bible prophecy. Also the Hopi indians.

Theres probably more. Theres about a dozen different documentaries from the history channel you can find and download, as well an entire 2012 survival guide member site (you have to pay) The actual 2012 movie didn't cover a lot of what could happen and whats actually out there. Planet X in particular seems to be kept secret from the public, but science knows it is out there. The 2012 survival guide site gives you a free 15 page Ebook which is pretty insightful. It mentions crop circles, the Hopi, as well as a lot of scientific and mathematic stuff. I read the ebook, but didn't waste any money on joining the site.

Do your own search. Don't just assume because your news and government doesn't alert you, everything is necessarily fine. Governments will do anything so people don't riot and panic.

There have been much better ones then the 2012 one.

Name me one other doomsday prophecy (besides y2k) I contend that never has there been such an extensive amount of things to happen in a single date as 2012.

Debunkment to Catharsis;

1) No, they won't align. In fact, because the planets are moving in 3 dimensional planes, and not 2 dimensional, they will NEVER align. Even if they were to do the impossible, the gravity of the planets wouldn't increase. The gravity from our closest planets, Mars and Venus, is SO weak it can't be measured.

2) There is no planet X. Such a planetary body would be clearly visible a hell of a long time before it hit/passed close to the earth. The only evidence for its existents is some woman who believes an alien told her about it. On the other hand, there are all the astronomers and scientists who say it doesn't. Who would most people prefer to believe?

3) The earth's poles do switch, but a) it is a gradual process, taking thousands of years and b) humans have survived such switches in the past. It will only (possibly) be dangerous to those species that rely on the earth's magnetic field for navigation. We don't.

4) A volcano would not destroy the earth. Yellowstone has erupted in the past, chances are it will do so again some day.

5) Already debunked; the Mayans, at no point, believed or predicted the earth would end once their calendar ran out. You would think they would at least have mentioned it if they believed it to be the case.

6) The guy who used the I-Ching to predict the end of the world originally calculated it for November of that year. He moved the date so that it matched. Very scientific, huh?

7) With a lot of interpretation, prophecies can be fitted to a huge variety of events. Nostradamus's predictions, for example, are notoriously ambiguous.

Also, while there are about 3 predicted apocalypses a year (no, I'm not exaggerating) I will use the finest example of a failed doomsday prediction; the great disappointment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Disappointment. Name a year, and SOMEONE has predicted the world will end.

Of course, if anyone wants to sell me all their stuff on December 20th, 2012 for 0.1% of its value, then I'll happily buy it. After all, you won't need it will you? You get some cool cash for an end of the world party, I get to make a bad investment. Unless you're wrong, of course....

Badjedidude said:
I have a "go" back for emergencies...it's a rucksack full of like 70lbs of survival equipment. Food, water, flares, fire-starting stuff, clothing, etc etc etc. I have it around in case a tornado destroys my town, but I guess I could use it for 12/12/2012. XD

----Steve

You're a smart man :l. I should make one of those :)

How'd you make yours?

Badjedidude said:

Or for when the Zombie Apocalypse hits.

:)

cheaptrickfan said:

It's going to be hard to retain a sense of dignity when covered in bits of zombie.

It actually made me think about what weapons I had lying about the place should the living dead decide to attack. I ruled out most (such as a hover mower or vacuum cleaner) simply because they were kind of impractical. I've settled on a hedge trimmer and an axe.

Although I hope the extension cable for the hedge trimmer is long enough.

Catharsis said:
Name me one other doomsday prophecy (besides y2k) I contend that never has there been such an extensive amount of things to happen in a single date as 2012.

I think you are putting to much faith in the sensationalist misinformation that the history channel has started putting out.

Haha.....it's the Hitler Channel. IMHO The History Channel's been going downhill for a while. :( *sigh* Too baaaad...

----Steve

Steel said:
It's going to be hard to retain a sense of dignity when covered in bits of zombie.

It actually made me think about what weapons I had lying about the place should the living dead decide to attack. I ruled out most (such as a hover mower or vacuum cleaner) simply because they were kind of impractical. I've settled on a hedge trimmer and an axe.

Although I hope the extension cable for the hedge trimmer is long enough.

All I really have are kitchen appliances.

I wonder if I could do any real anti-zombie damage with a wicked heavy cast iron skillet. Other than that, I suppose I could use my immersion blender.

I doubt that the mandoline would be useful unless the zombie were trying to grate a zucchini with it. Then at most he'd lose some skin off of a finger.

Hmm. On second thought, I am really not prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.

cheaptrickfan said:
I wonder if I could do any real anti-zombie damage with a wicked heavy cast iron skillet.

Those prove to be quite effective in crushing what ever you want. A zombie wouldn't stand a chance against you, armed with one of them.

Minus said:
cheaptrickfan said:
I wonder if I could do any real anti-zombie damage with a wicked heavy cast iron skillet.

Those prove to be quite effective in crushing what ever you want. A zombie wouldn't stand a chance against you, armed with one of them.

Excellent. It's really the only real weapon I have in my house. Well, that and my chef's knives. I've got some serious steel.

Never underestimate the dangers of a mandoline.

I have a heavy wok, that should damage some zombie skull.

Steel said:
Never underestimate the dangers of a mandoline.

I have a heavy wok, that should damage some zombie skull.

If you could assign human emotions to kitchen appliances and utensils, mandolines are probably the most spiteful ones out there.

My wok is a lighter carbon steel wok- by itself, not too dangerous, but a real hazard once it's blazing-hot.

cheaptrickfan said:
Hmm. On second thought, I am really not prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Lol I am. I have a crapload of firearms, swords, and knives all over my house, ready to be used against masses of ravenously murderous zombies...as well as the occasional burglar or insulation-chewing bunny. :p

----Steve

I am starting to rethinking my strategy of just closing my eyes so that i disappear and they can't see me.

Latest posts

Back