Deja Vu

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty

Reaction score
Hi, it's me, smitty. On this lonely spring break early morning, I figured I'd put this thread up. The other day I was standing in a room calling someone and when I looked at the clock I had an instant feeling of Deja Vu. I've had the feeling many times and it's just plain weird. It also makes me feel like there is some deeper purpose to things, that we're all connected somehow.

So, have you had Deja Vu (or according to Wikipedia, what I had was close to deja vecu) and does it give you the same feeling I had?

ya one time i had a dream and it had tis one house in it, then the next we went on a new run for cross country pratice and there was this house that remeinded me of the house in my dream. It was a major deja vu feeling.

I also read somewhere that epiletics willl often have a strong feeling of deja vu before they have a seizure

I've had this feeling many times, is it knowing the future? It scares the hell out of me because I wounder if I haven't been here before and I have lived this same lonely life before and will live it again after this. That would really suck! I rather be a ghost and scare the hell out of people. (HAHA)

many time i get up and the morning and do the exact same thing ive done in mydream god i hate deja vu i also hate having deja vu of having deja vu

Deja vu is so weird. I get it all the time, at random situations. It can be a conversation, or just looking at something from a certain angle. It just hits me like that! Bam! It always comes so fast, so you don't have time to really think about it, and it's annoying. You just get that "woaa, deja vu" feeling, and then you have to brush it off and continue with whatever you were doing

When I was younger I used to experience it on a more regular basis, partly I believe down to be allowed to wake up more naturally.

There is some evidense that deja vu is linked to a mild form of epilepsy and there is a theory that you experience it when your brain messes up and puts a recent event you have observed into another part of the brain as well,usually a fuzzy part and you get the feeling that you have observed the event before. Something about misfiring synapses and the like.

Personally, I tend to have feel like I've heard something beforehand, usually really ordinary conversations, though this might be just because I know a lot of very boring people :D

if you see something soubcounsciously then see it counsciously you ussally have a feeling of deja vu.

There was a test done on deja vu, the testers showed a video playing images of parks, places and that stuff at a fast speed, so that it could only be reconized subcounsciously, then when the subjects were shown the same images at a slower speed, they felt like they had been there before or had seen that place before but they didn't know when

Latest posts

Back