Deja Vu

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qui

Reaction score
So, I've been putting this off for, well, since Robin made this forum last week.
This thread is a lttle remembrance for my horse whom I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about. Deja Vu, or "DJ" broke her leg about two weeks ago. We took her to the vet school at UC Davis to see if they couldn't do surgery on her leg. Unfortunately, there was nothing they could do and DJ had to be put down the next day, on monday the 21st. She was 8 years old.

DSC_0012-1.jpg
l_7cfc413460880f63fc7900b6138c25-2.jpg
DSC_0007-1.jpg
DSC_0021-1.jpg
l_c5f84505b7078f2dfdab81e1b15cee-1.jpg
dj_icon_1.jpg

Qui said:
So, I've been putting this off for, well, since Robin made this forum last week.
This thread is a lttle remembrance for my horse whom I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about. Deja Vu, or "DJ" broke her leg about two weeks ago. We took her to the vet school at UC Davis to see if they couldn't do surgery on her leg. Unfortunately, there was nothing they could do and DJ had to be put down the next day, on monday the 21st. She was 8 years old.

DSC_0007-1.jpg
DSC_0021-1.jpg
dj_icon_1.jpg
l_c5f84505b7078f2dfdab81e1b15cee-1.jpg
l_7cfc413460880f63fc7900b6138c25-2.jpg

Ohhh, mannnn. I'm sorry to hear about DJ, Qui. My ex-wife was a horse lover and she had one when we were together. That was 15 years ago, and I am just now coming to understand just how special horses really are.

I used to think that horses were dumb animals, but after listening to a lady trainer being interviewed on the radio, I've changed my mind.

It must be something quite wonderful to be able to develop that bond that's so special between person and horse. From what I understand now, they're actually quite smart, in their own way, and care very much for their human companions.

I really hope that when you've had time to mourn your DJ, Qui, you can find a way to appreciate and cultivate a friendship, so unique between horses and people, with another horse; one just as spirited and loving as DJ must have been to affect you so.

(My ex-wife really loved her horse. She was 16 years older than I, and it's somewhat strange to me to know that only now, all these years later, do I feel old enough to have at least a basic understanding of the kind of love that can develop between human and horse. . . .)

Happy Trails, DJ. . . .

Sorry to hear about that. I know competing with a horse forges a very close bond. TC.

I always fined things like this difficult as there is not much anyone can say that's going to make anything better.

To DJ, Am sure you well meet up again some day in a different world :)

Thats awful........I hope you feel better real soon.

I know what its like to have your pets put to sleep. I had to take my 11 year old Devon Rex cat to the vets as he was struggling to walk properly.....turned out he had a cancerous tumour.

I cried for hours, and I cried as I buried him in the garden. And I'm a big guy, not a softy. But when it comes to pets I'm a real "girl"

Latest posts

Back