Depression is destroying my life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inmyroom

Reaction score
I have tried just about every depression med there is and most of them make me even more depressed. I don't know what to do anymore. I can barely work enough to pay my bills. I have no friends and very little family left that I actually speak to. I'd end it all, but my son would blame it on himself, and I can't do that to him.

All I want to do is sit and read or watch t.v. I used to at least have a few friends and I used to enjoy some activities, but not anymore. I've gained a lot of weight, stopped wearing makeup, stopped coloring my hair, and I don't go anywhere I don't absolutely have to. I'm becoming a recluse, but I don't want to be.

I'm just so freaking lost.

I'm so sorry. I'm trying my 4th antidepressant now. Just switched again, my last one made me even more depressed so I can relate to that feeling…that hope of wanting something to work, and then it doesn't. This will be my last SSRI that I will try..and then they will have to switch me to another class of drugs if this doesn't work for me.

It's disgusting how drug companies aren't researching antidepressants when depression affects so many. Nobody cares. Funding for Mental Health is very low. It's a constant battle for mental health practictioners to even give the therapies they want to give to their clients instead of those that insurances deem acceptable in the shortest amount of time possible.

I don't believe in meds, since I think depression is a psychological state of mind which can only be cured through logical self-thinking, but that's just me. Doctors tried to med me up before, never swallowed one pill and was able to treat myself.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, just my 2 cents.

Seeker_2.0 said:
I don't believe in meds, since I think depression is a psychological state of mind which can only be cured through logical self-thinking, but that's just me. Doctors tried to med me up before, never swallowed one pill and was able to treat myself.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, just my 2 cents.

I'm pretty much like Seeker here, the doc wanted to diagnose me with depression and anxiety, twice and wanted to refer me to a psychologist twice, as well but I refused. I got better, but I don't think I'm in such a severe state of mind to need meds or help in that sense.

inmyroom said:
I have tried just about every depression med there is and most of them make me even more depressed. I don't know what to do anymore. I can barely work enough to pay my bills. I have no friends and very little family left that I actually speak to. I'd end it all, but my son would blame it on himself, and I can't do that to him.

All I want to do is sit and read or watch t.v. I used to at least have a few friends and I used to enjoy some activities, but not anymore. I've gained a lot of weight, stopped wearing makeup, stopped coloring my hair, and I don't go anywhere I don't absolutely have to. I'm becoming a recluse, but I don't want to be.

I'm just so freaking lost.

I'm sorry you're feeling like this, inmyroom. I wish I could do more to help you, but I can only offer you words of support and encouragement. It helps to find something to look forward to, but it's definitely not easy to find that something when you're depressed. Nothing is good, nothing sits well and nothing feels right when you're in this situation. How I got through my depressed days, was to take it one step at a time, not to think too much of anything else or it would overwhelm me.

I do and deal with things that are in front of me, that are happening at that moment and that's it. I try to sleep it off if I can, but if not, I'd just end up sitting around doing nothing. It's hard to want to do anything too, so, I don't have any better advice but to say the most common thing, which is to hang in there and try to talk to people here as much as you can, it might make you feel better. Write about your feelings and emotions here, we're all here to listen and help and support.

That said, feel free to PM me if you wanna chat more privately. Sending my best wishes and I hope this depressive state passes quickly for you and that you feel better soon. *hugs*

I started self-medicating with marijuana. It's helped a lot, but I haven't had any in weeks. I don't know very many people, so getting ahold of it is ******* next to the impossible for me. It's been the best medicine I could find so far. The pharmacy crap is garbage, I think.

Marijuana is banned in my country.. Totally illegal stuff in here..
Anyways inmyroom.. you got any idea bout what is troubling? the cause of your depression?? from what i know Depression is a mental.. something that doesn't have much to do with meds.. It is just bout how stable you can keep you mind.. If you wanna know something, in my opinion there is not a single human who is not depressed.. it is just some people can hold their walls up without cracking while others just forget that they have a wall.. that is the moment when depression vs. mental stability happens... It depends on how determined you can be, the moment you give up, that is the moment you become a slave of depression... it is all temporary.. all u gotta do is just kick out the depression and hold up the wall..

Nuzzy Nuz said:
Anyways inmyroom.. you got any idea bout what is troubling? the cause of your depression?? from what i know Depression is a mental.. something that doesn't have much to do with meds.. It is just bout how stable you can keep you mind.. If you wanna know something, in my opinion there is not a single human who is not depressed.. it is just some people can hold their walls up without cracking while others just forget that they have a wall.. that is the moment when depression vs. mental stability happens... It depends on how determined you can be, the moment you give up, that is the moment you become a slave of depression... it is all temporary.. all u gotta do is just kick out the depression and hold up the wall..

Depression can also be a disease. Sometimes it may not stem from the mind itself it stems from your hormonal imbalances which some or perhaps a lot of people are probably unaware of. And when you're down in depression it's kinda hard to see what's exactly causing it and it's even harder to get out of that hole.

How do you do it then? Find the root cause. Then try to work on that with either a professional or talking to someone who can understand and relate and able to guide you along.... I suppose.

I think you might be right about that. I'm pretty surprised how common depression really is. I can usually spot it from a mile away.

Unwanted94 said:
I think you might be right about that. I'm pretty surprised how common depression really is. I can usually spot it from a mile away.

It's getting more and more common nowadays. Sometimes someone might be depressed, but they have a way of not showing it. Maybe I'm that someone, I don't know. A few people keep telling me I might be depressed, but I don't think so. And I don't seem depressed because I still smile and behave pretty pleasantly. So who knows, really. Perhaps 99% of the human race is depressed, for all we know.

ladyforsaken said:
How do you do it then? Find the root cause. Then try to work on that with either a professional or talking to someone who can understand and relate and able to guide you along.... I suppose.

Agreed.. :)

Maybe write a list of things you would like to change and do a bit every day. If you're struggling with everyday life then try to keep it as simple as possible. If the thought of dyeing your hair is too much to face,you can buy spray-on dry shampoo that contains colour. I find the brown one works quite well but it depends on the brand.This also eliminates the problem of dealing with the roots growing through.
As for make-up, just try putting a bit on every day, even if it's just a bit of lipstick. If you want to lose weight, make some changes a bit at a time. Perhaps an apple instead of a biscuit for example. If you try to do too much it becomes overwhelming if you have depression. If you want more money maybe consider a job change or try to think about ways to reduce your bills. Perhaps change companies you're with or turning off lights more etc to save on energy bills. You could try free competitions (but I haven't had any luck with those. You may have more luck).
A good way of saving money is buying budget versions of groceries which are just as good as more expensive items.
Try to go for a walk as well to get some exercise.

Nuzzy Nuz said:

agree with nuzzy yay!! just try not to think negative anymore your life is in your own hand you can control it by yourself its easy to goal music can help you and food, stay away from junk food watch anime or read manga.ill be here you can pm to talk about in more detail how you feel.

Just adding up what other have already said. All I can say is get up and start thinking I know it will be **** hard to do when one is feeling so down but words of encouragement have very magical effect trust me I have been there, the only one who can make some change is only you. We are always here to help you with lots and lots of encouraging words.

Well, I feel much the same. I'm on meds, but, they only alow me to do common things in my life, before, I could hardly do even this. But I still have no will to live, to do something creative in my life. I used to go running, cycling, swimming before, I did different stuff in my house, I painted, I don't have will to do this things any more. I was passionate mountaineer, now, I hardly have will even for that. And my job, it is very hard to do with this conditon, also.
Only thing which could save me is to find a partner, because, lonelines is that what's killing me, but, on the other side, is it healthy to be dependent on others? I tried a group therapies, lot of self help reading, talking with friends etc, but nothing helps. I'm better only if I find a partner, but I can not find one any more.

Latest posts

Back