I’m done.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astros2018

Reaction score
I can’t take it anymore. I made the worst mistake of my life moving from a vibrant city to take care of my elderly parents In a teeny tiny redneck town. My sisters never help, even though one lives close by. I have spent thousands of dollars on groceries, deliveries, meds, etc on my parents. Mom died in January & my two evil sisters manipulated my dad to give them Power of Attorney - while excluding me even though I am the only one who is an actual attorney. I am prohibited from even going on the grounds of my childhood home. My younger sister tried to kill me once - she also attacked me so badly she permanently damaged the vision in one of my eyes. Tho there were plenty of witnesses no one would support me, so she (as usual) got away. I have been repeated robbed by my cousin; the authorities do nothing even though I have plenty of evidence. I have very few friends here; none are close friends. A friend in another state offered to let me live with her while I search for a place to live. I considered it, but I am too old to start over AGAIN. I have lived all over the country. I don’t want to relocate to my old city; it’s been 5 years. My pets are elderly & don’t have long; they are in poor health, too. As soon as my will is completed, I’m taking my pets, giving them sedatives and getting in the car and turning it on, garage door closed.

Sorry to hear that you’re struggling with such a terrible and desperate situation, still.

I see you don’t respond to your threads. I don’t know why. We’re genuinely trying to help you.

Life is a challenge and some have it more challenging than others. You can get through this as others have. Don’t give yourself obstacles or limitations that block your opportunity to make some headway.

You need a break. Some downtime. Some peace. That way you can give your situation a more positive avenue of reprieve. You can do it. You’re not too old, or unable if you can still manage to be mobile and have some finances.

Sometimes cutting ties with relatives is a good idea.

I hope you’ll be here for some time yet. And I hope you engage with us. We’d also like to know that you value us engaging with you.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you’re struggling with such a terrible and desperate situation, still.

I see you don’t respond to your threads. I don’t know why. We’re genuinely trying to help you.

Life is a challenge and some have it more challenging than others. You can get through this as others have. Don’t give yourself obstacles or limitations that block your opportunity to make some headway.

You need a break. Some downtime. Some peace. That way you can give your situation a more positive avenue of reprieve. You can do it. You’re not too old, or unable if you can still manage to be mobile and have some finances.

Sometimes cutting ties with relatives is a good idea.

I hope you’ll be here for some time yet. And I hope you engage with us. We’d also like to know that you value us engaging with you.
Sorry I don’t respond. I genuinely am so depressed I don’t do much. There are no psychiatrists here, and the handful of therapists are always booked. i really don’t know what to do.

Sorry I don’t respond. I genuinely am so depressed I don’t do much. There are no psychiatrists here, and the handful of therapists are always booked. i really don’t know what to do.
We’ve been giving you suggestions. It can be very difficult to get in to see someone, but don’t assume that is the elixir. Plenty of us have had sessions with such health professionals without satisfaction and even if you hit pay dirt with one that feels helpful, you will still need to action things like what’s been suggested to you.

Latest posts

Back