Did you ever wished some people never existed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
As i've notice there are few people in my life that constantly talk about your bad actions in the past and try to make you feel even worse when you are already feeling bad, but when you are feeling untouchably good they try to put you down again and they see its not working and they stop. This so called "friend" of mine is always searching for a prey so he can put him down and its very diffucult to communicate with him as he is always making you look like a fool and he is constantly looking at us and laughing on every action we do in places such as club or bar so bassicly he makes you feel awkward and he kills the party atmosphere. So me and my friend got sick of that and we laughed back at him and gossip him while he was watching us and he simply got angry and didn't want to talk to us anymore? AND WORST OF ALL WHAT BOILS MY MIND IS THAT HE ISN'T EVEN AWARE of what kind of a ****** he is and how much he ruins good times and how much his thinking is wrong for example he said that he hates one guy because he is so nice?? WTF!!! So my other friend told me that he is mad at us because we are 2 peasant women that love to gossip and that he is too smart for us.. And i have to hang with this dude because he has strong connections with rest of my friends! I've tried various ways of talking to him and i gotta say he is the only person i know i can't talk in assertive way.

If this was stack overflow, I'd close on the basis of "not a real question" :p

Yes, there are several people I have met/been invloved with who I wish had never existed. Or, at least, I wish that they had never come into my life at all.

I'm of the opposite view. What I can't stomach are relentlessly nice people because I feel bad when they cry. Proof positive, methinks, that I am not utterly beyond redemption. But you sound like a decent fellow. Only one real option, you have to confront him. Not like some apologetic pussy either, just firmly and uncompromisingly make your view clear to him. He's probably a pissant bully who sees you as an easy mark. Change his low opinion of you.

If he's not talking to you any longer I'd count that as a good thing based on how you've described him. I've a "friend" similar to the one you've described, avoid at all costs.

it sounds like your friend has issues. it at least seemed you mentioned it to him because 'he doesnt know he is doing it' (of course he is going to say that). have you confronted him? on why he put down other people so much (but obviously he wont tell you).

perhaps he has an mental/social issue and requires that he put others down to make himself not feel as low. a sad solution but it might be what he needs. some people with low self esteem tend to do that when they are trying to raise their esteem - laugh at others, laugh it off, 'what are you talking about? haha' sort of responses. and also perhaps why he has so many 'strong ties' to your friends because he needs many people to acknowledge him, for his self esteem/self worth.

a sure sign is that he either occasionally or constantly look nervous or anxious.

Ohhhh yes....

I worked with a right plonker on the night shift at a hotel... he was soo full of himself it wasn't even funny... it was actually sad to see a human being wrap themselves up in so much self importance and delusion. He talked about everyone as if he was above them, constantly put people down for their appearance, work or whatever...He used to leave pictures on a colleagues desktop wallpaper of things like a crooked nosed witch and what not, thinking it was funny.... He once told me that he has this thing where if he were in a DIY store and you gave him a choice of two knobs ( his words not mine ) two door knobs which were the exact same, apart from one being priced at £15 and another at £35 he'd have to buy the £35 one...purely because it cost more there for in his mind means it better...........Same guy who told me he has a '' blue ray collection because DvD's are just.........*pulls face * well....common ''

Yep... 10 hours a night i had endure that sad little man's delusions of grandeur. He is without a doubt a person i prayed and prayed for him to vanish into thin air as he was such a smug, sleazy little troll with unfounded levels of self importance...Although his weakness was when you mentioned that he still lived with his mum at the age of 34.

poor soul.

When it comes to dealing with people that I'm not that interested in being around I pretty much ignore them. "Living well is the best revenge" may seem trite on the surface but for me it goes beyond a "hey, I'm doing well without your b.s...." meaning, I look at it as finding contentment with myself without the worry of others influence on me.

Just sounds like he was using you and your friend to make himself feel better. And when he couldn't do that anymore he got upset. Care less about this than you do. As little as possible.

Omnisiac said:
Just sounds like he was using you and your friend to make himself feel better. And when he couldn't do that anymore he got upset. Care less about this than you do. As little as possible.
I second this.

My paedophile father.

But then I realize how arrogant it is to condemn anyone to hell or oblivion. Even him...

Can't you just invite a few of your actual friends to visit? If they invite you it's their call whether or not he's going to be there, but if you hold a gathering I don't think it would be objectionable to not invite him along. :p Or you could just explain that he makes you uncomfortable... but you might have to put up with him at parties.

Latest posts

Back