Disgust holding me back

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huggybear said:
i dont know about you but i wouldnt bother dating a woman if she was "just having casual sex" with a bunch of other men. thosetypes of woman are called sluts

Likewise, considering men who are "just having casual sex" with a bunch of other women, those types of men are called man-whores.

I wouldn't touch them with a full-body condom and a long stick.

TheWickedOne said:
And what would you call a man just having casual sex with a bunch of women?

Man-whores. "Male sluts" is also an acceptable term.

tehdreamer said:
Daan said:
I guess it's just not my thing. I think i stay single.

There's other places to find dates and good conversation besides clubs or discos. Most people who go to those are just looking to hook up for the night, and not much more.

I've never been to a club and probably never will. It's just not my kind of place.

And if you're uncomfortable with someone dating others while with you, you have the right to speak up about it. The other person may not know that you're serious about them and assume you have other dates as well. This is where communication comes in handy.

Maybe it is not just disgust but also the lack of desire. Last year i was trying to get a girlfriend, but mostly out of a sense of obligation. At the moment i just don't have the wish for it at all. In the last few years there was nobody with whom i would want a relationship with. It is also my friends, who are eternally single, just like me.

The main problem i got is unemployment.

Daan said:
Maybe it is not just disgust but also the lack of desire. Last year i was trying to get a girlfriend, but mostly out of a sense of obligation. At the moment i just don't have the wish for it at all. In the last few years there was nobody with whom i would want a relationship with. It is also my friends, who are eternally single, just like me.

The main problem i got is unemployment.

Obligation to whom?

To the society. But, i am mostly completely independent. Ten years ago i had the feeling that i wasn't part of society. That i was more like an observer. I was mostly interested in philosophy and science and not in human contact. Due to depression i didn't want to live anymore, but i was too passive to make an end to my life. And than i tried to get a relationship and friends. Friends appeared to b e easy but dating was a major disaster. And now i am heading into a new depression. I am not looking forward to working for 40 years. And now i live off welfare. I was thinking about living a life of adventure, as a criminal or soldier. Especially when my money was finished last year, i thought about that. Men used to be at war all the time, and now that wars are gone, society is one dull assholism.

I can better leave this forum, because it is making me too grumpy. Goodbye to you all.

cheaptrickfan said:
TheWickedOne said:
And what would you call a man just having casual sex with a bunch of women?

Man-whores. "Male sluts" is also an acceptable term.

Just wanted to make sure the young men understood that it takes two to tango, you know?

VanillaCreme said:
Papabear said:
since when is exploring relationship options and bumping and grinding for a little bit of excitement rude behavior?

Everyone is different. It may not be rude to you, but it is to him. If you can't accept the fact that not everyone is exactly like you, refrain from commenting on people's posts.

I don't like that type of behavior either. Maybe because I'm not like that, but I wouldn't push my butt against anyone like that, especially if I didn't know them. If it were a close friend, maybe I'd be a little more carefree about it. But random guys I don't know, I wouldn't do that.

Also, I don't see the need to "date" multiple people at once. Seems a bit much to me. Dating is relationship to me. There's no difference between the two to me.

I don't give a fresia if you are a mod or not. He left an opinion, on a forum, open for discussion. I gave my opinion back. I'm sorry if the OP doesnt like it but isn't that the point of these discussions. He's on these forums, presumably trying to sort stuff out like this, my answer shows that maybe he's the one that's not fitting in. It's OK to be told things like that, it isn't an insult, and if the OP gets butthurt over it, can't HE deal with it. I mean, he seems pretty well to know that HE is making choices contrary to popular opinion, shouldn't HE be able to deal with the rammifications, part of that being told that his decisions arent normal when he comes to a forum to ***** about social actions...

Daan said:
To the society. But, i am mostly completely independent. Ten years ago i had the feeling that i wasn't part of society. That i was more like an observer. I was mostly interested in philosophy and science and not in human contact. Due to depression i didn't want to live anymore, but i was too passive to make an end to my life. And than i tried to get a relationship and friends. Friends appeared to b e easy but dating was a major disaster. And now i am heading into a new depression. I am not looking forward to working for 40 years. And now i live off welfare. I was thinking about living a life of adventure, as a criminal or soldier. Especially when my money was finished last year, i thought about that. Men used to be at war all the time, and now that wars are gone, society is one dull assholism.

If you don't really want to have a girlfriend, then don't! There's nothing wrong with not dating. There's a lot of people who just aren't interested in relationships beyond friendships. And there's are people who aren't even interested in friendships. Stop chasing things that you don't want. You'll be happier once you set goals that will actually make you happy once accomplished.

Papabear said:
VanillaCreme said:
Papabear said:
since when is exploring relationship options and bumping and grinding for a little bit of excitement rude behavior?

Everyone is different. It may not be rude to you, but it is to him. If you can't accept the fact that not everyone is exactly like you, refrain from commenting on people's posts.

I don't like that type of behavior either. Maybe because I'm not like that, but I wouldn't push my butt against anyone like that, especially if I didn't know them. If it were a close friend, maybe I'd be a little more carefree about it. But random guys I don't know, I wouldn't do that.

Also, I don't see the need to "date" multiple people at once. Seems a bit much to me. Dating is relationship to me. There's no difference between the two to me.

I don't give a fresia if you are a mod or not. He left an opinion, on a forum, open for discussion. I gave my opinion back. I'm sorry if the OP doesnt like it but isn't that the point of these discussions. He's on these forums, presumably trying to sort stuff out like this, my answer shows that maybe he's the one that's not fitting in. It's OK to be told things like that, it isn't an insult, and if the OP gets butthurt over it, can't HE deal with it. I mean, he seems pretty well to know that HE is making choices contrary to popular opinion, shouldn't HE be able to deal with the rammifications, part of that being told that his decisions arent normal when he comes to a forum to ***** about social actions...

Consider yourself warned. You tone is getting nastier and nastier and if a moderator calls you on it, that's just the way it is. The way you state your "opinion" quite frankly sucks. You're hateful. You can be "honest" and not make someone feel like a piece of honeysuckle. Really, you disappoint me. And I know you'll likely have something to say back to me, but for your own sake, send it in PM, k?

TheWickedOne said:
Just wanted to make sure the young men understood that it takes two to tango, you know?

i wish i could tango.

hell, i wish i could dance at all.

Hi-
Just want to say THANK GOD (Eve) that papabear is gone. Ick. I feel like I can breathe again.

I've dated a few guys at a time but I absolutely was not sleeping with any of them. We were just socializing, otherwise known as dating. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as both parties know what is going on and consent to it.

Teresa

Just_Some_Dude said:
i wish i could tango.

hell, i wish i could dance at all.

You could take lessons! Sometimes for not very much money either, if that's a concern for you.

Latest posts

Back