Do They Have Cures For Cancer And The Common Cold?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Being 74 my father firmly believes that they have a cures for Cancer, and the common cold, but will not divulge it due to the amount of money that would be lost in otc medications and prescriptions.

This day and age, I wouldn't put it past anyone. The greed in this world these days is at an appalling degree of disgust.

Thanks for viewing.

LK

This is oversimplifying the issues greatly. Someone in my immediate family has terminal cancer for the record.

Kat said:
LoneKiller said:
Kat said:
This is oversimplifying the issues greatly. Someone in my immediate family has terminal cancer for the record.
I'm sorry Kat. I wasn't aware.:(
It's ok.
That's kind of you to say, but it's not ok. I should have known better than to make a thread about something so painful. fresia!

There are certainly medicines that work better for cancer than chemotherapy, though their usage has yet to be approved by the FDA. There are also many studies into gene therapy for cancer as well - preventative and the like though. I do not believe that a cure for the cold can be found just yet seeing as how like the flu virus mutates with each host it infects. It is very hard to find a summarily "miracle" vaccine for any virus.

And as with cancer, you should know that not all forms of cancer are dangerous, most are very benign or mild. There are only a few forms of aggressive and deadly cancers.

LoneKiller said:
Kat said:
LoneKiller said:
Kat said:
I'm sorry Kat. I wasn't aware.:(
It's ok.
That's kind of you to say, but it's not ok. I should have known better than to make a thread about something so painful. fresia!

You're too hard on yourself.

Many antibiotics work by interrupting a process necessary for the bacteria to perpetuate. A unique aspect of the bacteria must be targeted in order to avoid killing human cells. viruses are not living. They are extremely simple and They generally only contain what is needed to infect a cell and then use that cell's metabolism and otherwise to perpetuate and infect other cells.

What enzyme or protein or otherwise is necessary for the virus to propagate which is unique to the virus to avoid damage to human cells? Are you beginning to understand the complexity?

LoneKiller said:

Hey man if I told you I'm terrified of the words 'the' and 'and' would you stop using them for my sake? :p Go easy on yourself.
You can't make everybody happy all the time. You're going to step on a few toes, we all do. The fact you're a good guy helps us to know you don't usually mean harm.

Also cancer is far more complicated than you seem to give it credit for.

Take care.

Steve Jobs died of cancer. And I'm sure he could have afforded the medication!

Well, he died of a respiratory arrest, but the Medical Examiner said the cancer was an underlying cause of the respiratory arrest.

This is possibly the most depressing thing I've read today. Could anyone in all conscious really withhold a cure for cancer? God I really have just a tiny bit more faith in the human race than that. Given that almost everyone has had someone close to them be effected by it and or die. Plus think of the accolades for the scientist. They would be remembered forever and scientists like that, they really do...

annik said:
Could anyone in all conscious really withhold a cure for cancer?

Welcome to the world. :p

A guy I know works for top pharmaceutical companies on a contractual basis. He's some sort of microbiologist or something (I forget what he does, exactly :p)... but he's told me before that every major drug company already has drugs and chemicals that are extremely effective against cancers of all types. In fact, he acquired some for his aunt who had cancer and it cleaned out her system of whatever cancer it was that she had; it saved her life.

True, I get this all as secondhand news from my friend, but I trust him.

The drug companies refuse to release/sell the chemicals for several reasons, but here are probably the top two:

1. By applying for FDA approval, the chemicals/drugs would be subject to intense study and therefore reverse engineering by other companies. So no company wants to lose their private edge in holding what they consider to be the best cancer-killer they've got. These trials and studies would take YEARS, during which time another company could invent/create a similar drug. And then the playing field would be even for all. And no company wants that.

2. If there were a huge amount of cancer-killing drugs on the market, then we wouldn't need chemotherapy drugs or chemicals anymore. It's much more profitable to sell chemo drugs, since they require multiple doses over years of courses. In short, it's simply GOOD BUSINESS SENSE to sell the chemo drugs rather than something that would actually take out the cancer in one short course.

Badjedidude said:
annik said:

I was kind of waiting for the first person to call me out as naive or something but I'm just not one of those people who sees conspiracy everywhere. I don't think a team of ninjas were behind the Kennedy assassination and I do think man really landed on the moon...

Here I know that your treatment of Cancer depends on where you live. The postcode lottery as they call it. One place a person will be freely given a breakthrough medicine whereas a 100 miles away they will have to fight for it, pay for it or be denied so in many ways it is happening. But we know about it and I mean its not a cure all cure, not that Cancer could have one anyway.

One family member died of cancer. Not feeling any strong emotions on the subject, this stuff happens. As for the question posed- I do not know, but I wouldn't doubt for a second that some hotshot executives would deem it right to bury the whole thing, since curing cancer is also a big business by itself, as Jedi noted- chemo and the likes cost an arm and a leg. They got a nice little racket with their suntan lotions, artificial food additives, cosmetics, tobacco, whathaveyou filled with carcinogenous content and 'curing' the malady.

Maybe I'm just too cynical. But I know there's horrendous depths some people will sink to, all for the sake of money. Well, a (bleep)load of money.

annik said:
I was kind of waiting for the first person to call me out as naive or something but I'm just not one of those people who sees conspiracy everywhere. I don't think a team of ninjas were behind the Kennedy assassination and I do think man really landed on the moon...

Well, the thing is... If a man will kill another man for the color of his skin, then yes, a man will let a faceless victim of a disease die because it makes the man some money to do so.

There's nothing "conspiracy theory-ish" about it.

Some people value money more than they value life. And some of those people run drug companies. It's that simple.

Badjedidude said:
annik said:

A guy I know works for top pharmaceutical companies on a contractual basis. He's some sort of microbiologist or something (I forget what he does, exactly :p)... but he's told me before that every major drug company already has drugs and chemicals that are extremely effective against cancers of all types. In fact, he acquired some for his aunt who had cancer and it cleaned out her system of whatever cancer it was that she had; it saved her life.

True, I get this all as secondhand news from my friend, but I trust him.

The drug companies refuse to release/sell the chemicals for several reasons, but here are probably the top two:

1. By applying for FDA approval, the chemicals/drugs would be subject to intense study and therefore reverse engineering by other companies. So no company wants to lose their private edge in holding what they consider to be the best cancer-killer they've got. These trials and studies would take YEARS, during which time another company could invent/create a similar drug. And then the playing field would be even for all. And no company wants that.

2. If there were a huge amount of cancer-killing drugs on the market, then we wouldn't need chemotherapy drugs or chemicals anymore. It's much more profitable to sell chemo drugs, since they require multiple doses over years of courses. In short, it's simply GOOD BUSINESS SENSE to sell the chemo drugs rather than something that would actually take out the cancer in one short course.

wow, if that's actually true, it's very sad. They could save millons of lives and they don't do it for money... the dark side of capitalism, reveled once again...

@LK: in my opinion it's good that you open this thread. My grandma died of cancer, but I don't feel offended at all. I believe this kind of thing should be disscussed more. If they are hiding something, our protests could make them release the drugs faster.

Latest posts

Back