Do u ride to work ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papparazzzi

Reaction score
Do u ride to work ?

There have been some prejudices in society with people riding motorbikes and most people do not look at bikers as nice folks just touring a place on a motorbike. There have been biker gangs with tattoos and a rash social life which have inspired a lot of movies etc. However despite all that there are many who prefer to ride to work! So will this affect you as a professional in your career if you ride to work?

I have had the opportunity to interact with some leading top-notch global executives who ride to work and have shared their feedback on my blog -

http://www.planetbt.com/royalenfield/ridetowork/ridetowork.htm
Interested folks can view them !

Happy new year 2009 !

Cheers !

BT

fresia those ppl that don't like bikers. There noobs.

Just get this song and play it into there face haha,, No reason why this song just that am random like that. Plus its a kick ass song :p Yey take that bitches haha

[youtube]b-aHSJT8btQ[/youtube]

I'd ride if I could afford another bike. I agree that a lot of it has to do with how the original Hells Angels and other biker gangs have made the whole group look. As well as the younger kids with the bad attitudes. Hollywood hasn't helped either. But the area I lived and worked in NH was very near Laconia and Weir's Beach. One of the largest rallys in the country is held there every summer. And 99% of those guys are great.

I would say 99% of all bikers are great. Just like LonelyDragon says they got a bad name from the days of the Hells Angels.

A number of factors helped develop the biker image. Possibly one of the most important early ones was the Hollister, California rally in 1947. A number of sensationalized articles were written about the rally and "The Wild Ones" was supposedly inspired by the events.

f_hollister19m_d7f642b.jpg

Hollister 1947

"The press asked the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to comment on the Hollister incident and their response was that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, and the last one percent were outlaws."

There is reason to doubt that the AMA ever made the quote but the commonly repeated story in it's self spawned the "one percenter" term. Some took pride in this one percenter image even going so far as to create a diamond shaped 1% patch to wear on their vests as a badge of honor.

f_Seizedbandim_1924e7a.jpg

"Tom Lindsay, the AMA’s Public Information Director, states “We [the American Motorcyclist Association] acknowledge that the term ‘one-percenter’ has long been (and likely will continue to be) attributed to the American Motorcyclist Association, but we've been unable to attribute its original use to an AMA official or published statement..."

The top picture, while it was from the Hollister rally, actually was a posed picture that was widely published, originally in Life magazine .

Latest posts

Back