Do you believe in ever after ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything in life requires work. Happy endings require hard work. Happy ever after just plain up doesnt exist. The idea of a happy ever after is just something we get forced down our throats so we keep trying forever. Hope is a powerful thing.

You can get a fulfilling live I think, but you need to put the hours in it. If its mindset or behaviour.

I wish it was easy

Everything in life requires work. Happy endings require hard work. Happy ever after just plain up doesnt exist. The idea of a happy ever after is just something we get forced down our throats so we keep trying forever. Hope is a powerful thing.

You can get a fulfilling live I think, but you need to put the hours in it. If its mindset or behaviour.

I wish it was easy
Too true

I think that if you can both develop and nurture your sense of curiosity and kindness, then maybe your relationship could last forever (it does happen!)

I think that people are infinitely interesting, and just as our relationship with ourselves is always evolving and we are also always growing, so is the other person in the relationship. So, the idea that you could get 'bored' with someone does not need to be an issue.

It is important to choose the right person though, I think. Or at least to be so evolved that you could love anyone, despite their flaws. (This is a skill in itself)

The real skill is to know when to throw in the towel, I think. Being treated poorly forever, just because I don't have the strength of character to show them the door is more of an issue for me!

But my main thought is that if you both allow each other to grow as people and enjoy that, while letting yourselves be seen, then the relationship could last forever.

Interesting thread! Thank you!

the answer is in the title ... all they need is to believe in and wish for it

Since I don't remember anything from before my birth, I doubt I'll recall much from after my death.

It is hard, when. Society has all these preconceived notions, about.

What people should look like, think, and feel like.

I think I do believe in, 'happily ever after.' I think I even believe in Disney version crazy super happy, happily ever after.

Though, the Disney movies usually end at the beginning of the happily ever after.

Do I think the feeling of freshly falling in love lasts forever? No. Honey moon's don't last forever.

But, I do think, some people, whether with a partner, or alone, can find contentment, stability, and harmony...

I think, and I hope, and I'd like to believe, there are people on this Earth, whether secretly, whether perceptibly so, or not, are living harmoniously with their surroundings and circumstances.

I think these people are not immune to misfortune, bad circumstances, etc... Perhaps even, their harmony, could end at any moment. Perhaps some harmony is more stable than others. But, I think there are 'self-actualized,' people out there, living their best life, who are on good terms with their mortality, as well as the life right before them.

And I think some of these people are in deeply unique, intricate, and loving relationships.

And I think that's beautiful.

I also think, chasing after, 'happily ever after,' or, 'desiring it,' in the wrong way, could be a hindrance to attaining it, for some.

Can't really follow the directions off of a map, unless you take your eyes off of it for the majority of your travels.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back