Do you believe in the paranormal?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghosts, telepathy, psychokinesis...etc. Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Just playing the devil's advocate here, but have any of you considered that perhaps there may be a logical explanation for the existence of ghosts?
Perhaps magic is a force that science simple has not realized yet. Perhaps it is a power like gravity, one that doesn't make sense and doesn't always fit in the box we place it in, but has a logical explanation none the less?
Just food for thought ;)

As for my personal beliefs, I have seen ghosts and practiced voudun. They're real enough to me, though often I wish the later where not.

ya i believe that ghosts can exist but i don't really believe in magic or that things can just happen or things can just appear. I believe that there is a scientific explanation for the paranormal.

I personally belive that a ghost is the brain energy that has been transfered out of the body once it has decessed, i should try to elaberate more but then I'd just end up rambling.

I went back to the old house and didn't get any emf readings or anything, so I located the bone and after checking it closely found tooth marks, small animal teeth, then I found opossum tracks at the base of a tree, but what scared the dog, as I stood where she stood, I was stung by a yellow jacket from a nest in the ground about 3 ft away. So, no bone throwing ghost this time. 97% busted. But I've seen the other 3% Believe me, something is out there.

evanescencefan91 said:
I personally belive that a ghost is the brain energy that has been transfered out of the body once it has decessed, i should try to elaberate more but then I'd just end up rambling.

Law of Entropy. Look it up.

ya i learned about the 2 laws of thermodynamics in my ap enviromental science class
E=mc^2 energy cannot be created or destroyed only transfered. However
2nd law whenever energy is transfered 90% is lost to heat/ converted to heat which is a low form of energy.

Of course the 2nd law puts the theory in a bit of pickle, some people say we only use about 10% of our brain but thats just a myth. However most of our brain is used to control our body and our functions. (I've only started my psyche class so I'm not sure if what i'm saying is complelty valid)

this issue of course raises the question what is a soul, does it exist and if so what is it? I believe our soul lies in our brains, perhaps mainly in the prefrontal cortex where we experience deep emotions and creative or complex thought. And has been linked personality. So i think if a soul were real, i think it would reside in or is the prefrontal cortex and similar parts of the brain. People who have undergone primitive lobotomies. In which the frontal lobe is separted from the rest of the brain. Can become a vegatable inable of emotion and have been described as "having their soul taken away" Since the prefrontal cortex is not the whole part of the brain does that mean this theory holds up against the 2nd law of thermodynamics. (I don't really know how much of the brain is the prefrontal cortex judging by the wikipedia diagram it seems to make up about a 3rd or 4th of the brain. But energy ratio-wise we'll need to ask an expert.) As to say when i die, my body will rot and give nutirents to the soil and my personality/soul will pass on through the electric energy of my frontal lobe and float on for all eternaty? Well i really don't know and if I'm lucky i won't know for some 70 or 80 more years.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I went back to the old house and didn't get any emf readings or anything, so I located the bone and after checking it closely found tooth marks, small animal teeth, then I found opossum tracks at the base of a tree, but what scared the dog, as I stood where she stood, I was stung by a yellow jacket from a nest in the ground about 3 ft away. So, no bone throwing ghost this time. 97% busted. But I've seen the other 3% Believe me, something is out there.

Still doesn't explain the voice you heard ah? ah? I mean it could have been someone playing a joke or you could have been hearing things or whatever but who knows:p

Unacceptance said:
evanescencefan91 said:

Law of Entropy. Look it up.

Yea sure the energy in your brain doesn't get destroyed, it leaves and goes into the wind or wherever you died, but it doesn't all stay together, and energy isn't sentient I don't think that is your soul.

evanescencefan91 said:
ya i learned about the 2 laws of thermodynamics in my ap enviromental science class
E=mc^2 energy cannot be created or destroyed only transfered. However
2nd law whenever energy is transfered 90% is lost to heat/ converted to heat which is a low form of energy.

Of course the 2nd law puts the theory in a bit of pickle, some people say we only use about 10% of our brain but thats just a myth. However most of our brain is used to control our body and our functions. (I've only started my psyche class so I'm not sure if what i'm saying is complelty valid)

this issue of course raises the question what is a soul, does it exist and if so what is it? I believe our soul lies in our brains, perhaps mainly in the prefrontal cortex where we experience deep emotions and creative or complex thought. And has been linked personality. So i think if a soul were real, i think it would reside in or is the prefrontal cortex and similar parts of the brain. People who have undergone primitive lobotomies. In which the frontal lobe is separted from the rest of the brain. Can become a vegatable inable of emotion and have been described as "having their soul taken away" Since the prefrontal cortex is not the whole part of the brain does that mean this theory holds up against the 2nd law of thermodynamics. (I don't really know how much of the brain is the prefrontal cortex judging by the wikipedia diagram it seems to make up about a 3rd or 4th of the brain. But energy ratio-wise we'll need to ask an expert.) As to say when i die, my body will rot and give nutirents to the soil and my personality/soul will pass on through the electric energy of my frontal lobe and float on for all eternaty? Well i really don't know and if I'm lucky i won't know for some 70 or 80 more years.

That is similar to what Descartes thought, he thought the body and mind were separate entities, my philosophy teacher argued against him, I still like what he had to say though, just maybe not how he got there in his logic. Read Descartes' Meditations on First Philosophy, it is not that hard to read and will really make you think

I still don't know, I mean there have been people who got a pole struck through their heads and survived but had an entirely different personality, so that means that either the soul can be damaged and if it can be damaged by a pole then how could it be eternal?

Yin said:
I do! The beauty shop I work at is haunted.

3.gif

Latest posts

Back