Do you miss your exes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As friends, yes. I miss their company very much at some times.
As anything more than platonic though? No.

I miss her desperately, I have lost my best friend as well as my partner, we were supposed to grow old together :(, I was supposed to teach her how to drive a manual car :(, what hurts most is that it's my fault that I am in this position, I pushed her away when I should have just held her close, I let my fears of getting hurt again rule my decisions..now I'm sat here knowing that she doesn't care for me and I am left behind, still loving every bone in her body, a moment of pure stupidity has pushed us apart, but in an odd twist it has taken this to realise how stupid it is to live in fear of something that might not happen, I am now determined to show her that I am differient, it hurts to know that I love someone that doesn't love me back but, I don't have anything to loose, I will show her :).. I know I will, I know that I am strong enough now to be her rock

I think of them sometimes and miss their company, but most of the time I can't even remember their faces. Even the one I spent 2 years with and thought she was the one.

jd7 said:
The few I've swerved for, I have missed...fortunately...in retrospect.

Reminds me of one of my favorite retorts:

Person #1: Did you miss me?
Person #2: With every bullet so far.

Case said:
jd7 said:

Hahahaha oh man thats awesome. I'm gonna have to use that next time someone says it to me.

Nope. But sometimes I think about the 2 of them and wonder. The one was not a good person. They both married for cultural reasons. It really did a number on me. The unfairness of my life is so huge

Antihero said:
When enough time has passed since the end of one of my previous relationships I have been known to feel nostalgic. This feeling is not necessarily to do with the ex personally, if that makes any sense, but the good and fun times we had together.

Same here!

Case said:
jd7 said:

Golden. :D

Fell in love once and I hit the bottom.. Just one guy... Part of me misses him but a part of me moved on as far as i know I only consider bout the part that moved on coz if am standing my ground and screaming at the top "IT IS MY LIFE", that is coz i followed that part of me that moved on but that does not conclude i don't miss him..but what matters is am happy NOW!! :)

i cant say because i dont live with past i try so hard to be ok in present because past kill everyone its not good . you could never love again if your past is still with you.

vstained said:
Once again I'm alone... I'm 40 now and I have been through a couple of relationships. I've even been married many years ago. Being this lonely now I think about the couple of exes I have. Some of them I really miss and wish things did work out... I had some crazies and those I don't miss at all...

Do you miss your exes?
I usually missed one of them, but im realising that he wasnt what i thought he was.

i have two exes.
the first i have kids with (they're grown), so i still see her often enough, i don't miss her.
the second i no longer miss, i did for a while, but not now. i don't want to see her again. i still miss her children. i occasionally see one of her sons.
i would like to add that when breaking up with someone you not only lose that person, but also many others. that's hard to overcome too.

Frodothelost said:
i cant say because i dont live with past i try so hard to be ok in present because past kill everyone its not good . you could never love again if your past is still with you.

I would not agree with you.. in my opinion past is what makes who you are in the present coz if you have ever done a mistake in ur past then you are gonna make **** sure that you aint gonna do it again in the furture.. Past is a part of us that gives us the experience to regret or to move on.. It is kinda like the spine of time..

Latest posts

Back