Do you speak foreign languages?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter

Reaction score
... and which ones do you speak?

I personally do speak four languages, German (my mother tounge), English, French and Spanish

I know a whole lot of French and Italian vocab, but can't speak or write in any other language than English.

WildernessWildChild said:
Just two, Male and English. ;)

LOL

Ditto. Though just because I'm Canadian people automatically think I speak French. WTF?

Sci-Fi said:
WildernessWildChild said:
Just two, Male and English. ;)

LOL

Ditto. Though just because I'm Canadian people automatically think I speak French. WTF?

I can speak bastardized French when I've had a few....funny how those Frenchies don't quite pick up what I'm putting down.

My two native languages (bilingual, if that is the right word), and English. Other than that, I speak Spanish kinda okay, and I´m able to communicate a little bit in German (mostly when it comes to ordering beer and bratwursts) and Russian (understand almost fully, speak a little less).

jaguarundi said:
WildernessWildChild Wrote:
Just two, Male and English

Ah, vous! Les mecs, les mecs. Toujours les connards putain! :D

Sigh....and I've always got so much respect
7lh.gif
, esteem
ey0.gif
, and desire
clye.gif
for those of the fairer gender
gsof.gif

I can swear in quite a few languages, does that count? :D

I do have a pretty good understanding of Spanish, but I only know enough to catch bits and pieces of what people are saying.

I can speak my native (a language in SEA, sorry have to keep it secret for now), and english, but not really well. I do write quite well, but I've never spoken english, well, rarely. So, english is a foreign language for me :)

I can speak Estonian, English and a bit of German. I wish I could speak Russian though, it would really come in handy when I get a job in nursing.

transparencyeffect said:
I can speak Estonian, English and a bit of German. I wish I could speak Russian though, it would really come in handy when I get a job in nursing.

I learned Russian for a year when I was 14. Or should I say, I sat in the class and passed notes around with my friends while the teacher fell asleep. Come the exams, I got 8%, of which 5% was for writing my name correctly at the top of the page. :D

Not one of my finest hours. After that I gave it up. What opportunities we waste when we are young....

jaguarundi said:
transparencyeffect said:

I learned Russian for a year when I was 14. Or should I say, I sat in the class and passed notes around with my friends while the teacher fell asleep. Come the exams, I got 8%, of which 5% was for writing my name correctly at the top of the page. :D

Not one of my finest hours. After that I gave it up. What opportunities we waste when we are young....

Haha, at least you know how to write your name. ;)

Afrikaans (my native language), English, and learning Japanese :) And I can say a phrase or two in German and French.

I love languages! :D

I'm a Trillingual person. Besides my USA-English I also know bits of Spanish and Japanese.

Latest posts

Back