Does anybody have this problem with msn?......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ragingbull17

Nobody wants to bloody talk to you on it. You feel like you're always the one making conversation and the person on the other end is just there out of politeness, giving you one word answers to every question whilst desperately trying to properly chat to somebody else who is more 'interesting' at the same time. Does any of this sound familiar? Even people who I've been friends with for years sign out when they see that I'm on. I don't know why I bother with it to be quite honest. Total bollocks.

I used to have people who i onlt played games with and went to school with, and those i talked to every day. Nowadays it's more mature conversations going on, and well, adult people don't really need to chat as much as they once used to, it seems. If i could i would never sit infront a computer again. I hate these things, but i hate not being able to talk to anyone even more.

I love once someone do start a conversation with me. I know Your frustration. I'm sure that in my case at least, people are so used to me being rather depressed and i guess that they don't need to be remembered with that every day. People who say the exact same things every single day are just annoying, so maybe keeping it quiet is the better option?

People change all the time, in many ways, so the friends You once talked to all the time might simply not be interested in You anymore. Not their fault. Not Yours either.

Dude I wont be online after sometime coz your timezone and mytime zone differs. Its already 4.30am here and i m hell sleepy. I never igonre anybody on msn unless i m really busy with something else or msn logged me in automatically and i didnot notice.

well, i'm crap at msn. i'm online all day because of work so i'm never able to have proper conversations because i'm constantly trying to get stuff done. i'm much better at emailing because i can focus on it for five minutes. but msn requires constant attention and i get distracted.

Well, personally, if I am talking to someone on messenger and giving short replies then its NOT because I don't want to talk to that person... its because I have several conversations going on at once.

If I'm talking to someone and they are giving short replies, then I usually assume that either they are having multiple conversations as well, or they are doing something else at the same time. Everyone has their own lives, you know?

Try not to take offence at your friends ragingbull.. if they didn't want to talk to you at all, then they probably wouldn't show as online to you.

I currently have 19 people on Messenger.
3 of them contact me frequently, 1 occasionally, 1 rarely, and the rest never.
If I say hello to someone who never contacts me I either get no reply, or they say they're about to go offline.
Those people are a joke. I don't know why I still have them on Messenger.
I guess it's because I'm hoping one day one of them will contact me and go "Hey, how are you?", .........I doubt it.
If they actually cared they would've contacted me as soon as I added them. It's been months/years and not a word.
I think I'm gonna clean up my Messenger contacts quite a bit. I've already done it with Facebook.
No point having a bunch of people there who never take any interest in how I'm doing, who don't reply to my emails/messages,
who just wants me on their list because it's another addition to their "friend" list. Bunch of popularity BS if you ask me.

I LOVE it when someone starts a conversation with me!
I don't like being the first to say hello, because I've always done that in my life with the people I want to talk to online,
which has mostly resulted in no replies anyway. So I really don't like being the first to say hello online,
only if I know that person already enjoys talking to me.
Rejection sucks, because you know you're a very friendly, funny and loyal person who would make a great friend to others.
I guess most of my Messenger & Facebook contacts aren't interested in figuring that out.

I have 72 messenger contacts...about 50-60 of them never ever log on because they probably dont use it anymore. That's depressing to me because some of them I've known from my first ever gaming clan which was like...almost 10 years ago if not more. I wasn't even yet a teenager. It's weird to think that my friends who were in their 20s then are in their 30s now...and I can't talk to them to see how they're doing. I run in to one of them now and then, which is nice. But still.

Out of the ones who are on a lot, 3 are family and talk to me lots. Other than that there's 2 friends that pretty regularly talk to me, and one good friend who I talk to now and again (he tends to leave MSN up all the time, most of which he's not there.), from the last MMO guild I was in. Good guy.

The rest are either past friends who I stopped talking to because they aren't really my sort of people anymore, or it's a case where I truly can't remember who they are. Several I only knew briefly.

I have six in my MSN from ALL.
I do have different timeline so it might not easy to see them open.
Even if I could see them in one line most of them are not say hi.
I did say hi at begin but as time passed it is not easy to say hi to some one never says hi to you.
I wander should I delete them or not. It is bother me when they never say hi to me within days and still on line.
Luckily I’ve got added nice peoples too.
So don’t give up until you find someone who say hello to you and abandon old never say guys.
Why don’t you delete them?
I added myself in MSN but when I try to talk myself it is not work.

I only have 16 friends in msn and 12 of them are from here. I dont even talk to the rest 4. I use msn only coz people in here uses it.

Steel said:
Well, personally, if I am talking to someone on messenger and giving short replies then its NOT because I don't want to talk to that person... its because I have several conversations going on at once.

If I'm talking to someone and they are giving short replies, then I usually assume that either they are having multiple conversations as well, or they are doing something else at the same time. Everyone has their own lives, you know?

Try not to take offence at your friends ragingbull.. if they didn't want to talk to you at all, then they probably wouldn't show as online to you.

This is the same for me. I have to many ppl on there that don't give me time for anything else. This is why I don't add any more ppl. Cos I would not have time to talk to them anyway. I got a nuff on trying to keep the ppl I have on there happy.

But like steel said. If I didn't wont to talk to someone then I would block them.

Plus I really prefer the normal mail to talk. That way I can check me spelling be for sending. I also fined I have much moor interesting conversations in a normal mail then MSN.

I like Aim better. The alert sound is pleasant and it works all the time. Its also nice not being logged out randomly.

Catharsis said:
I like Aim better. The alert sound is pleasant and it works all the time. Its also nice not being logged out randomly.

LMAO.

I know a lot of ppl that have had that problem. I have never had that problem though.

All through at busy times for the server it would not let me sign in.

Bluey said:
Sanal said:
I hit Bluey if Bluey didnot talk:p

I have a few slapping emosicons on MSN. lol If you was on there it would just be a see of slaps lol

I have an old version of msn:p Its actually the inbuilt windows messenger that i m using:p So emoticons doesnt work here:p

Nice to see that other people have the same problems with MSN that I did. I thought I was just being avoided, and... I guess I was! :p
I had about 25 contacts on MSN, about... *ZOMG*... ONE of them which I talked to with any sense of regularity.
So I deleted my MSN crap a few months ago, and... while I am terribly lonely, I guess I would be even more lonely waiting on MSN for a conversation that would never happen :(
As for email... I like it too...
I have exactly 2 (sometimes 3) people in my email contacts.

Robin said:
People change all the time, in many ways, so the friends You once talked to all the time might simply not be interested in You anymore. Not their fault. Not Yours either.

How tragically true.
Thats pretty much all it is.
Isn't it a shame when one person forgets about you though, and you don't forget about them equally?
That's difficult...:(

I also used to have such problems with MSN and had to deal with lots of randomness but now I'm trying to compose a system of staying in touch based around MSN. I don't really care if people don't message me, since I know they have their own worlds and therefore, I see it as my responsibility of staying in touch with THEM as I know they're my friends in real life.

I have 21 msn friends 5 of them are family members who I never see online and 16 of them are from here 14 of those friends are male and 2 female, for some reason I prefer males than females I'm just not great at talking to chicks. I speak to 3 regularly and 7 on occassions and a few are on different times zones and the rest have never said hello so I am tempted to delete them soon, no point having them there. I'm glad I have msn it I enjoy instant messaging.

Latest posts

Back