Does anyone else do this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hearmenow2012

Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread because I was wondering if anyone has done this and that is to not speak to/and or hang around with their friends or relatives because they feel that they'd just be a downer and bring the mood down?

I have done this on and off for a while, but I know that I'll have to see my friends in the near future otherwise they might move on without me.

I don't see a lot of people these days.

I.. tend to sway that way when I feel like I am just going to spoil the mood or not really going to be good company. I will then start to distance myself... I still do this. :(

I tend to be somewhat opposite of that... When I'm feeling particularly good or in a good mood, I tend to shy away from people because I don't want other people to being me down... When I'm feeling down, I just wanna be left alone...

I do this. I feel the same way online and in person. I hope they don't get the wrong idea.

With my family, I did all the time. It just seemed like there was enough other problems, that no one needed to deal with mine. It took my mother several years to stop telling me my misery was only in my head. Of course, I was long gone by that time.

I've definitely shied away from others when I've been feeling down. But sometimes just getting out there and around other people has cheered me up.

I'm the same way. I feel like I'm being a pest. But you know, it's all in our heads. I think, too, that I have a hard time investing in friendships like I should. I've went through a lot in my life and sometimes I just can't listen to petty worries that other people have. I don't mean to sound mean.

Yes I do it sometimes as well. But then I sit at home and wish that they would phone me to cheer me up. Which is wanting it both ways I suppose and a bit silly when I think about it:)

I used to do that, but it was not out of compassion for my friends but out of shame, that people would see me so vulnerable - in recent years I reversed that behavior, and if I am down I look for company, but not superficial one otherwise it is too depressing

Peaches said:
I used to do that, but it was not out of compassion for my friends but out of shame, that people would see me so vulnerable - in recent years I reversed that behavior, and if I am down I look for company, but not superficial one otherwise it is too depressing

yeah, and that's why everyone thinks that I am drag and they walk the long way to avoid me :-/

Latest posts

Back