Does anyone else fall in love constantly?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this normal?

• Sure, you're just lonely, it's harmless.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • HELL no, you pudgy pale skinned creep.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Among the Sleep

Reaction score
When I say fall in love, I don't mean it literally, of course...but as a guy, do you ever just SEE a girl and go, "Oh my god, I love her. I wanna spend the REST of my LIFE with her, holy honeysuckle she's beautiful."

This happens to me like once a week. And I know exactly what it is, just some weird, lonely, idealistic fantasy. And I definitely know it while it's happening. I mean, like, I never follow any of these girls home or anything lol. It's not like a creepy obsessive thing. Once I have that weird moment of instantaneously falling in love I never think about them again.

I'm really just curious as to how normal this is. Just that random impulse. I'm a little afraid of the place in my mind where that impulse comes from, as in, it can't possibly be healthy to have a "love at first sight" thing going on once a week, can it? Can anyone relate to this?

It looks like you're just experiencing a much stronger form of what everyone else does when they see someone attractive. While I wouldn't call it love or anything quite so strong, I experience thoughts like that on occasion. I'll see a girl and for whatever reason, the way she looks and carries herself will just click with me and she'll stick in my mind for some time. I'll wonder what kind of person she is, what crazy series of events it would take to coincidentally bump into her again, and in my more lonely moments what it would be like to be with her.

Being alone the entirety of my life thus far, my confidence is shot to hell and lord knows that the concept of simply saying "Hi" and striking up a conversation is beyond my grasp. I think it's stuff like this that ends up growing a very common thought into something more, like maybe what you're experiencing. Perhaps you just have the recipe for a love-laced fantasy on quick dial in your mind, and all it takes is a dash of a pretty face to complete it.

Can I say no without calling you a "pudgy pale skinned creep"?

I think I understand what you're saying though. More than likely, it's that once you see a woman who you're attracted to, the idea of being in love combined with being lonely kicks in, creating that "love at first site" feeling. I wouldn't say it's abnormal, but it might not be completely healthy either. Finding someone who you can love is obviously on your mind, consciously, subconsciously, or both.

The best you can really do right now is to try and be at peace with being alone, without giving up on the idea of love.

Siertes said:
It looks like you're just experiencing a much stronger form of what everyone else does when they see someone attractive. While I wouldn't call it love or anything quite so strong, I experience thoughts like that on occasion. I'll see a girl and for whatever reason, the way she looks and carries herself will just click with me and she'll stick in my mind for some time. I'll wonder what kind of person she is, what crazy series of events it would take to coincidentally bump into her again, and in my more lonely moments what it would be like to be with her.

Being alone the entirety of my life thus far, my confidence is shot to hell and lord knows that the concept of simply saying "Hi" and striking up a conversation is beyond my grasp. I think it's stuff like this that ends up growing a very common thought into something more, like maybe what you're experiencing. Perhaps you just have the recipe for a love-laced fantasy on quick dial in your mind, and all it takes is a dash of a pretty face to complete it.

Right, when I call it love I'm exaggerating ha. But I know what you mean, I like the way you put that (the last sentence).

Locke said:
Can I say no without calling you a "pudgy pale skinned creep"?

I think I understand what you're saying though. What it probably is, is once you see a woman who you're attracted to, the idea of being in love combined with being lonely kicks in, creating that "love at first site" feeling. I wouldn't say it's abnormal, but it might not be completely healthy either. Finding someone who you can love is obviously on your mind, consciously, subconsciously, or both.

The best you can really do right now is to try and be at peace with being alone, without giving up on the idea of love.

LOL sure. I mean yeah, I would agree it's not so healthy. But I have a lot of habits and thought patterns that aren't so healthy. I was just hoping I'm not like...the only person who thinks honeysuckle like that ha. I can deal with being lonely or whatever, I'm just kinda hoping I'm not in like, the upper 1%. I don't wanna be ELITE status in terms of loneliness, I was just hoping this was maybe a little more common than I was thinking it was...

I don't think you're in the 1% :) For all I know, it could be common. I get jealous of what other people have sometimes and even daydream about it. It makes me feel crazy. So while I don't feel like you do, I can understand it.

I think you're using the word love a bit too liberally. But what you're describing is just crushing on someone. Don't confuse love with lust nor drunkeness with judgement.

Lust happens to most people. It used to happen to me all the time as a kid. See someone on tv or in the movies, and go wow. Then I look into her more, watch her interviews and go wow.

As for in person, yes but not so much. Seeing a really attractive person, I'll find myself staring often.

I've never done that.

Sure, when I see a hot woman, I'll take a look or whatever.

But I can't say I've ever had thoughts about spending my life with her or marriage or anything.

More commonly, I think about ******* her. One time. In a seedy hotel. Under the freeway pass.

Let me just clarify...I'm COMPLETELY exaggerating when I say fall in love. I didn't mean it to be taken literally. I think I just "crush" in a weirdly intense way, that's all.

Badjedidude said:
I've never done that.

Sure, when I see a hot woman, I'll take a look or whatever.

But I can't say I've ever had thoughts about spending my life with her or marriage or anything.

More commonly, I think about ******* her. One time. In a seedy hotel. Under the freeway pass.

:D You're such a romantic, Steve. :club:

I'd also like to add my name to the list of those who voted for the second option without actually intending to echo that insult you gave yourself. I've just never been in love at all before.

murmi97 said:
I'd also like to add my name to the list of those who voted for the second option without actually intending to echo that insult you gave yourself. I've just never been in love at all before.

Me neither. Obviously I didn't get my point across well.

I wish I could fall in love more easily. My problem is I look at people and just see faults.
I don't seem to be able to love anyone. I admire people that can so easily open their heart.

Latest posts

Back