Does anyone here feel as though you are younger than you actually are?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walley said:
... careers and relationships are the center of focus in a middle aged life. but self satisfaction and mastering yourself is what can carry you through your entire life...

I agree, I always have something I can be doing. It's quite rare I get bored (sometimes don't feel like getting on with all my projects and stuff midn you... :) )

I also took things apart as a kid, not always back together again :p

Well let's see, I make miniatures usually based on kid's movies...I like those movies usually more than I do the adult stuff. Kid stuff is usually happier and more innocent in nature which just feels good to me. Probably because I didn't have a real childhood so I'm having it now :p Life was much harder as a child so now I have the peace and stability to enjoy things more now.

Pete528 said:
I have always felt as though I was younger than my age and I wonder if that may have any influence on finding a partner.

Hell ya! I think Im blooming 12 (esp when it comes to relationships) but Im going on 30 but look way younger than my age??? I definitely think my immature mentality has messed up my relationships. And still affects my potential relationships...Im buggered.

Yes, I know exactly how this feels. My parents are always reminding me that I don't have the personality of a responsible adult. I see my friends who are in stable relationships and starting out on careers, and I fear that I'm simply mentally incapable of reaching that state. And it's true, I can be extremely lazy and irresponsible, and I take a lot of the people in my life for granted including my parents. Sometimes I feel that I'm not fit to be a part of this world.

I actually feel both older and younger. Since I was 12 or something (I'm 19 now, by the way) I've always had the feeling that I was capable of making more mature decisions about stuff than others of my age (or even older). I'm also pretty sure that I've been seeing a lot of things in our society in a realistic way since I was very young (stuff like poverty, emotions, serious things in general). It might sound cold, but since I can remember I kind of realize that the world can be harsh and awful, while others (even of my age) just ignore or don't realize that.

In other aspects I feel younger. I can't really give you examples because I'm not sure about in what aspects I feel younger. Sometimes I sit in the train and spot someone of aprox. my age, and think: "Am I really as mature as him/her? I don't feel like I'm someone of that age".

When I see acquaintances with children I feel like an immature teenager, when I remember how I deal with a lot of stuff I feel 70, it would be nice to find some middle way. Also, because of this I have no clue about how old I actually look, that makes it more difficult to behave in a way appropriate to the context.

Pete528 said:
I have always felt as though I was younger than my age and I wonder if that may have any influence on finding a partner.

Everything about you will have an influence. That's not a bad thing. Let it have an influence, so you find a better match. Just be yourself.

To some degree yes. I feel younger but I don't actually think I am or do I actually think of myself that way. I can talk to younger people without in my mind thinking I'm way older than them even though I actually am.

Latest posts

Back