Does anyone still have penpals?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luisa

Reaction score
When I say pen pals, I mean the old skool kind, pen and paper and snail mail. :p

I had like ten as a kid, I loved it :D I loved getting mail, still do, aslong as its not bills. Even if all you got was a card to say hello, or thinging of you, it's ace al brightly coloured and different

Anyone want a old skool penpal? PM your details

(Also would accept new age penpals :))

Lou x

I had hundreds of penpals when i was back in school i lost track of all of them now...
i would love to be your penpal. what details do you need?

Caesium said:
I wasn't allowed to send letters to strangers.

I think thats why no one does it anymore, thinking peeps are gonna be all "freaky". It's a shame :( Admittedly, i'm not saying that the world is full of wonderful people, i know they are some freaky people out there

A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met :)

...too bad my parents don't see things quite the same way I do.

I have one but I hardly get mail from her anymore. how sad.

I'd like to find another pen pal but seriously who wants to give their address to some random person online? I'm distrustful in that respect. lol.

I've been on this site called sharedtalk and it is a language exchange where you email with people who are learning the language you speak, and vice versa. It's helping a ton with my spanish.

It's good for learning a language but I miss getting letters in the mail. I just sent one out to my friend who moved away though, hopefully she won't think it's stupid. She's like that sometimes.

Do you have anyone who moved away who you want to keep up with? Everybody likes to get mail. Sometimes I send my grandma a note or two in the mail and she'll write back.

I like paper. I buy a lot of it lol. But that's sort of irrelevant.

You could show up at the post office and ask around. lol. Probably all you'd get was some weird looks though. I know back in the fifties they had a pen pal program or something like that. both of my grandmas used to work at the post office back when you walked with a mail bag in the rain and snow. lol.

I used to have penpals when I was still in school. :)

It's really different from getting e-mails.
It applies a lot of effort and care to write a letter and you can see that if you're getting one.
That makes me always happy.

I would like to have penpals again... my mailbox is crying because of always being empty... :D

Helo Luisa, I have a penpal from Brisbane. I've been knowing her since couple of months ago (she has a problem with loneliness too). I am a lonely person, but I think having a penpal at least makes us realize that we're not really all alone in this world. There are other only people somewhere outthere. Would anyone be my pen pal? PLease send me a PM! ^-^

I had a ton of pen pals in high school...I think I had up to 30 at the most. One of them became a really good friend and we met in person after writing long letters back and forth for about 4 years. I don know if there still is, but there used to be a whole "society" of pen pals out there....we used to exchange these "friendship books" with our addresses and interests as a way to make new pen pals.

OOooh, I so loved the old school way of corresponding between pen-pals. The pen and paper method. I had a small number of pen pals when I was in high school but sadly, over the years, we stopped writing.

I remember how exciting it was to get mail in the mailbox. I mean, there's just nothing like seeing a different patterned stamp, or seeing different paper and going through the letter, knowing that the person went through the effort of writing it all down.

Over the years, my pen pals and I exchanged small token stuff (coz we were always in different countries). We'd send over seemingly insignificant stuff like movie tickets or small clips etc. I even sent her a satchet of barley lemon tea once hahaha, coz she didn't have it where she was from.

Ah but those were the days :) I did have one bad experience though - this dude whom I corresponded with for a short while -one day the phone rang and it was him! Good God! I never gave him my number but he found it anyway and that sorta freaked me out a little :S I guess we just gotta be careful - email's a wonderful way of corresponding...decidedly safe, but er, its no fun compared to getting stuff in pen and paper :p

Latest posts

Back