Does this bother you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not so much worry about a celebrity showing up at the doorstep.

It's more like, that celebrity wouldn't even care if their fan got in a car accident. They aren't going to be the one that is going to be at the hospital with you, comfort you (at least not directly), or love you. Most likely, they won't even know you exist.

So why fawn over them so much? I can understand having admiration for someone, but liking them to the point of getting jealous is stupid.

It's not about the circumstance (there being a small chance of them meeting them) it's about how they feel/act towards anything relating to this/these people. It's like being ok with them having crushes on a waitress/store clerk or something just as long as they don't act upon it. Imagine them getting jealous when this random waitress gets a boyfriend. Wouldn't that seem odd?

I know some people are ok with this but it's just not how I am. I don't have these crushes that won't amount to anything. When I like someone it's because I do want something to come out of it. I want a relationship and do not care about others in that way anymore.

And like Shells said I think it's ok to have an admiration for people.That's not what I am referring to. For example, I like certain comedians but I do not have crushes on them. They do not cross my mind and I could care less who they are dating (I would usually not even know who they are dating.) I just like their movies. They might as well be all women for all I am concerned (some are). I don't see them in a "crush" way. And I would not get all worked up if someone insulted them. They are not part of my real life. I do not have attachments to them.

In the past (mainly middle school) I was into the crush celeb thing. I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend in real life and had a childish fantasy in that sense.

Frodo Baggins said:
I wonder if there would be an attraction between a hobbit and an elf? To me it is in the same realms of unlikeliness of anything occurring. Hobbit as much shorter and elf much taller and elven and human offspring not that plentiful.

I don't think that is likely to ever have happened. We have seen the problems with Aragorn and his race-mixing with an elf. There is just millions of years of genetic differences that makes every race who they are and maybe it is better to stay that way. We can translate this aspect in the work of Tolkien into the real world where the racial problems in America are being magnified.

I worked with this woman who always read those magazines that talk about who was wearing what, and what this person might have said to that person, stuff like that. She'd talk about it to me, and I wouldn't even know who half of these people were. I don't keep up with this stuff.

I've had "crushes" on characters in movies and television, but that stays separate from my feelings about the actors. I mean, David Boreanaz isn't really a vampire who battles demons, Jim Parsons isn't really an eccentric prodigy, and well... some of my "celebrity crushes" are cartoon characters.

Stalking somebody you know in real life is creepy enough. Stalking a total stranger is ridiculous. And really, when you obsess to that point, it's pretty stalkerish.

I've lusted after several celebrities, and am usually quite open about said lust. I've never had a crush on a celebrity though. How could I? I don't know the first thing about them. I've had crushes on TV characters before, but the crush generally only lasts for the half-hour/hour that the show is on.

BTW, you can always tell what celebrity I'm lusting after, because they instantly gain 20-30 lbs. Why don't they make the guys starve themselves like they do all Hollywood women? **** double standard.

Frodo Baggins said:
I think that we can easily invest in a smile or a roll of hip more supposition of what a person is or is not. I wonder if I met Arwen in real life then I may invest a lot of exotic elvish qualities in her and let it transpose my seeing her as a complete person.

It'd be tough to see Arwen as a complete person, since Tolkien didn't give her anything remotely resembling a personality.

Latest posts

Back