Dreams of You

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakin_Amazin

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Today I woke up sort of sad... I had another dream with my ex in it, and it was really wierd and embarrassing, and I can't help but wonder if there's something more to this... like maybe I should be seeing someone who can help me. All this just made me feel depressed; I'd been ok the last few months, cause I made new friends over here in college, but this kinda threw me back a bit. All the pain I thought I left behind came back and I really, really wish I could do something to let it out, even if I had to cry.

When you were my idol
I worshipped you

Like a god
There was never a moment
When my mind wasn't on you

I suffer still today
When you haunt me in my dreams
In my mind, you're still here
And my heart beats so cold

When I dream of you
It's a torture for me
Why can't I forget you?
I could have some peace

I felt like I died
When you pushed me away
And everyday's still the same
Nothing here ever changed...​

ah i'm sorry freakin amazing, thats a really good poem though i like it a lot.

:D try to cheer up a little if you can just keep telling yourself, i am freaking amazing!

:D

Thats a good poem F_A, I can feel (and obviously relate to) the emotions behind it.
As I read it I thought it was interesting how similar emotions really are between individuals. Your last stanza I can empathize with certainly.
Keep it up! Poetry is a lost art monopolized by the music industry these days.

One Sunday morning waking up with thought how can I make more delicious cabbage roll which he loved; I should cut the middle hard part more smoothly, and make rich sauce. Then I realized that “Gosh…I broke up with him a few months ago. What is wrong with me?”

Hugs~~

Ithought said:
One Sunday morning waking up with thought how can I make more delicious cabbage roll which he loved; I should cut the middle hard part more smoothly, and make rich sauce. Then I realized that “Gosh…I broke up with him a few months ago. What is wrong with me?”

Hugs~~

Guess he didn't mean so much then, eh?

lol jk

Now I try to think of something important when I see her face, like what oranges taste like, or the grain of a piece of paper, or dirt on the floor... you know, something significant.
It works. (thank God)

Who are you again? Oh yeah, I forgot, hehehe

delayed_relapse said:
Ithought said:

Hugs~~

Guess he didn't mean so much then, eh?

lol jk

Now I try to think of something important when I see her face, like what oranges taste like, or the grain of a piece of paper, or dirt on the floor... you know, something significant.
It works. (thank God)

Who are you again? Oh yeah, I forgot, hehehe

It took me months to accept that we finished even in my dreams.
Not that I miss him, hell he make me feel insult in many way when we were done, I miss being together with someone. Get used…habits…
Cook on Sunday for him, sometimes he danced when I cook for him like a child he was so cute, or other funny memories.
Yes, I feel I loved and blessed. He is suck but he gave me love once.
I should thank for that. But I don’t want to see his sight again.
I disconnect everything from him so that I don’t need to crash on breathless situation.
If I don’t miss him why I will be pissed off if I see him with someone?
Am I just pretending that I forgot him?

Yes, it is fair. I broke someone’s heart once.
Anyway screw myself will be not helps, sometimes I want to be but it will be not helps.
Even I don’t want to spend any seconds to think about him.
Dude I love myself more. The winner takes it all and I am the winner sorry.

delayed_relapse said:
Thats a good poem F_A, I can feel (and obviously relate to) the emotions behind it.
As I read it I thought it was interesting how similar emotions really are between individuals. Your last stanza I can empathize with certainly.

Oh, really? Tell me: how many modern poetry books do you buy, O great arbiter of artistic standards?

darkwall said:
Oh, really? Tell me: how many modern poetry books do you buy, O great arbiter of artistic standards?

If YOU buy any, then I commend you. People who do are probably in the minority.

I know I don't. I prefer writing poetry to reading it, usually.

delayed_relapse said:
darkwall said:

If you don't read modern poetry, then why do you feel free to comment on it, saying it is "a lost art"? Louise Gluck, Mark Doty, Seamus Heaney - are these lost artists, then?

stella said:
darkwall said:

why are you so mean to some people on here? If you said that to me i'd be really upset.

No doubt i've put myself in the firing line now and i'll get a torrent of abuse off you too :( I just find it uncomfortable to read. I hope there is a nice person somewhere deep down inside you, if there is, it hasn't reared its head on these forums yet.

Jesus, that's a little heavy, isn't it? Some person says that poetry is dead, and I post an ironic answer along the lines of "how much do you read, then, O all-knowing one?"

This is the equivalent of someone who never listens to rock saying that pop music is dead. I reserve the right to defend the things I love, without judgments on my personal character ("I hope there's a nice person somewhere in you"?).

Listen, Stella, you've completely rushed in here in an unfair way. Do you want me to quote the bits on these columns where I have left bits of support and commiseration? No: the only light you choose to see me in is the light of Lonesome Crow (who in my first encounter with, told me to commit suicide if I found life that bad) and Catharsis, who told me to open my eyes and see things his way - which I found very patronising. However, I wouldn't have replied in the way I did if Lonesome Crow hadn't come into the thread.

I am genuinely saddened that you made such an extreme comment as to say that you saw no niceness in me at all, despite the fact that I have sent you several PMs enquiring about your health and complimenting you. All I can say is that even if I had done nothing on alonelylife but argue with people, this ISN'T REAL LIFE and to extrapolate from someone's behaviour online that they are a bad person is a great injustice to anyone.

Darkwall

darkwall said:
stella said:
darkwall said:

why are you so mean to some people on here? If you said that to me i'd be really upset.

No doubt i've put myself in the firing line now and i'll get a torrent of abuse off you too :( I just find it uncomfortable to read. I hope there is a nice person somewhere deep down inside you, if there is, it hasn't reared its head on these forums yet.

Jesus, that's a little heavy, isn't it? Some person says that poetry is dead, and I post an ironic answer along the lines of "how much do you read, then, O all-knowing one?"

This is the equivalent of someone who never listens to rock saying that pop music is dead. I reserve the right to defend the things I love, without judgments on my personal character ("I hope there's a nice person somewhere in you"?).

Listen, Stella, you've completely rushed in here in an unfair way. Do you want me to quote the bits on these columns where I have left bits of support and commiseration? No: the only light you choose to see me in is the light of Lonesome Crow (who in my first encounter with, told me to commit suicide if I found life that bad) and Catharsis, who told me to open my eyes and see things his way - which I found very patronising. However, I wouldn't have replied in the way I did if Lonesome Crow hadn't come into the thread.

I am genuinely saddened that you made such an extreme comment as to say that you saw no niceness in me at all, despite the fact that I have sent you several PMs enquiring about your health and complimenting you. All I can say is that even if I had done nothing on alonelylife but argue with people, this ISN'T REAL LIFE and to extrapolate from someone's behaviour online that they are a bad person is a great injustice to anyone.

Darkwall

sigh, i knew this would happen :(

Freakin_Amazin said:
When you were my idol
I worshipped you

Like a god
There was never a moment
When my mind wasn't on you

I suffer still today
When you haunt me in my dreams
In my mind, you're still here
And my heart beats so cold

When I dream of you
It's a torture for me
Why can't I forget you?
I could have some peace

I felt like I died
When you pushed me away
And everyday's still the same
Nothing here ever changed...​

I'm glad you wrote this...

darkwall said:
delayed_relapse said:

I like your posts, Darkwall, for the most part but your comment was pretty heavy with sarcasm, or so it seems. This part: "O great arbiter"...
It was a bit much. It's pretty easy to say something and have someone take it offensively on a forum, so sometimes we need to carefully choose the words and phrases we use. :) Thanks.

darkwall said:
All I can say is that even if I had done nothing on alonelylife but argue with people, this ISN'T REAL LIFE and to extrapolate from someone's behaviour online that they are a bad person is a great injustice to anyone.

Darkwall

Well, this may not be real life, but people's feelings are very real, Darkwall. :) Just because you don't take the forum that seriously, doesn't mean that others don't. Please try to keep that in mind, would you? :) Thanks.

darkwall said:
stella said:
darkwall said:

Darkwall

darkwall, to infer that just because you're using the internet to talk to people it isn't real, so it really doesn't matter what you say to them, if someone really believed that then why would they post here in the first place?

Using a defensive post to randomly have a go at 2 other people at the same time isn't exactly showing yourself in the best light either. People don't come here to be insulted or talked down to; I'm sure they can get that elsewhere.

Nice poem Freakin Amazin, I guess sometimes things take a lot longer to deal with even when you think that you're geting past something you can be reminded that you aren't as done with it as you thought you were. I feel like I sort of relapse sometimes and I feel like I let myself down after I do it, after being fine for increasingly long stretches of time. I suppose it's just all part of the process. I don't think anyone truly has a switch they can just throw to turn off that side of their emotions.

OK, that's enough, folks. This is Freakin Amazin's thread, so let's shift the focus back, OK?? :) Thank you in advance. :D

Darkwall:

What Stella was essentially saying, and I agree with her, was that there was absolutely no need for you to try to belittle Delayed Relapse's post in the way you did. While you used the term ironic, most people would, I believe, interpret your choice of words as both condascending and sarcastic.

While you clearly do not share the view that modern poetry is dead, the post was also, and I'm sure you will realise this, not one designed as a critique of the modern poets... it was intended as praise for Freakin Amazin's poem. In that context, I feel a personal attack was unwarranted.

Freakin Amazin:

I did enjoy reading this poem, the emotions involved seemed to come straight from your heart.

darkwall said:
delayed_relapse said:
darkwall said:

If you don't read modern poetry, then why do you feel free to comment on it, saying it is "a lost art"? Louise Gluck, Mark Doty, Seamus Heaney - are these lost artists, then?

My apologies... I didn't realize that every statement I might make would have to be authorized by you first.
Can you ever forgive me?

Besides... I have the same right to say anything about poetry that I like, just as you have the right to nitpick like an old lady about anything I might have to say about it.

Forgive me, also, if we don't speak further.

Adieu.

(Thanks everyone for the support:)

Freakin_Amazing: MOAR!

delayed_relapse said:
darkwall said:
delayed_relapse said:
darkwall said:

My apologies... I didn't realize that every statement I might make would have to be authorized by you first.
Can you ever forgive me?

Besides... I have the same right to say anything about poetry that I like, just as you have the right to nitpick like an old lady about anything I might have to say about it.

Forgive me, also, if we don't speak further.

Adieu.

(Thanks everyone for the support:)

Freakin_Amazing: MOAR!

Rawr! LOL :p

Latest posts

Back