In what way did a movie or media image affect you the most as a child?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiceCrispie

Reaction score
First time I saw the wizard of oz I was mesmerised.

I was about 6. It fascinated me. I was terrified and in awe of that twisting tornado at the beginning that sucked up Dorothy’s house. I had never seen anything like this before, neither have I ever been affected by one here in the U.K. thank God. So sorry if you have. BTW.

I was also fascinated by weather phenomenon since then and still dream of it now when I am heading for despair.

I think I could have made a good weatherwoman after that but I couldn’t sit still at school for longer than 5 minutes and wasn’t diagnosed with anything to get treated, nor did my parents encourage me so yeh,

Maybe in the next life.

It's not exactly a movie or image, but in a more general way, wrestling. It was big and still legit when I was a kid. It was EXTREMELY big here in the 50's all the way into the end of the 90's. Johnny Rougeau, the father of the Rougeau Brothers, was the personal bodyguard of our former Prime Minister, René Lévesque. With a history of strong men as well like Louis Cyr who got into it himself briefly, it was well respected. Which is why I myself trained for it younger, with dreams of being the next Rowdy Roddy Piper. Sadly I couldn't cut it. But it struck the imagination of the kid in my.
One of the really cool moments I got the chance to bucket list was this. I was actually thete, got the chance to see Stone Cold Steve Austin wrestle, live, before he retired. You hear the roar of that crowd? Being there was even louder. You couldn't even have a thought, the amount of screaming voices in that stadium. You could feel the floor literally shaking. It remains, in my mind, one of the greatest scenes I ever witnessed. I've been to concerts that were less defeaning.
Us Québécois really loved our wrasslin'. Lol

Armchair Thriller: Quiet as a Nun

The scene with The Black Nun.

To my adult eyes it seems perfectly tame but back then it was the opposite.

I wonder if it contributed to my fear of the dark.

Latest posts

Back