Death...can you call my name?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm turning 24 next week, and I am a guy.

My life resembles the song "Stereo" by The Watchmen.

When I was a child, I did not imagine myself turning this way, nor being rejected by society the way I did. Growing up I did not see people in different classes, but little did I know, coming from the middle to lower class family means being pushed away by the kids from families who can afford a brand new car every year and live in a big house. All of us have family problems, mostly none of us can discuss it and I wish I could...but lets just say I couldn't invite anyone to my parents house (You can assume what the problem was but thats all it will be an assumption) so from an early age I was somewhat force to be alone, and as the years went by I began to school project on being bullied and picked on. It was a daily basis. It affected my self-esteem and many other factors in my life. I couldn't stand up for myself, I do not have witty comebacks, or can beat up 2-3 guys at once, so I just "ignored" them but they will kept coming and eventually I broke down, mentally and physically. I had been pushed aside, an outcast by everyone, even though I never saw myself as the outcast but I never fit in. I was so unpopular that even the rejects didnt wanna hang out with me. So that was basically my school life. At home, everyday was a stressful day, I've seen and dealt with things at an early age and my guess is that most of us here have had that same issue. Eventually when I turned 16, I left school, yes I dropped out and one of the reason was school was forcing me out since they couldn't convince my parents that I had to be on medication for ADD, which I never had. I was just stubborn, it runs in the family. So after leaving highschool, I lost contact with the few friends I had left and it took 1 1/2 years before anyone hung out with me. So I was at home all the time, doing nothing. Being stuck in a 24/7 stress marathon is not fun. Eventually I started going on with my buddy more often and met his friends and I family got my first girlfriend at 19 years old. Though it didn't feel right so we broke up shortly after but than all hell broke loss and all the friends I had made, I lost, even my friend of 12 years or so. Than I became alone again, no one to hang out with or see. This happened at the end of 2007 and the start of 2008, Eventually I started talking to a girl I went to school with and we hung out a couple of times, it was really great for 2 reasons. I was spending time with a girl (which is rare) and the other you can guess, and she had a boyfriend but he was neglecting her. Anyways, for my birthday she took me out, we went ice skating and went to see a movie. That was awesome, it was my 22nd birthday and it was the very first time I hung out with anyone besides my parents for my birthday. Than a month later we went to see Motley Crue in concert but our friendship was on the rocks because she was seeing someone new, not dating, just interested. So after the concert we basically went our seperate ways, in other words she told me she wanted us to stop talking for awhile, and that turned out to be for good. So after being alone for a couple of more months, in the summer of 2008 I decided it was time to get a life and move away from home and all the people who weren't ever gonna talk to me. So I moved 6 hours away to a much bigger city. Now I saw life to be getting better, because I had a job, even though I had no friends yet but I had just moved there. Unfortunately...everything I thought would happen, didn't. It took me almost 6 months before making a friend, and things were going great between me and this girl, at one point she told me if she was looking for a relationship, I would be the guy but a week later she is dating someone else. Guess how much that hurt...yeah, a lot. So obviously I tried talking to her about it and our friendship went from good to "life support" and eventually she told me to leave her alone. So now I've been living here for over 1 1/2 years and still without friends.

This is my mindset on everything. Prepare for a long and most likely boring read.

I suffer from Chronic loneliness than even if I am in a room full of people, I still feel very much alone.
I suffer from stress & anxiety that has manifested itself into mysophobia, which is a fear of germ but to be more exact those germs are caused by animals. That is my fear. Oh, and I forgot to mention my parents are avid animals lovers so I have lived with animals my whole life until I moved out so imagine how hard it was for me to keep my sanity.
Over time all this has become much worse.

I'm given up on everything in my life.
I don't want to live anymore for the simple fact that I'll never live a normal life, being able to walk barefoot in the sand, or even touch objects outside. My parents say I will be able to control my phobia and learn to cope with it but I don't want to cope with it! I want it to be gone unfortunately I know it will never. All I do at home is disinfect everything that I deed infected with germs.

In the past couple of years I've been craving and dreaming of one thing, and thats "freedom" but lately I've realized that the freedom I want does not exist on this earth. I will never be free from what haunts me. Only in death will I acheive the freedom that I want. Suicide...I don't know if I could do it, but I can always hope for death to come. I've stop taking care of my body, hoping that destroys me and eventually my body will succumb to it all. I realize that I will always be alone and die alone. I don't view things positively anymore, all I see is despair. I want the world the end, with everything in it. I see no point in life, we live to die and at 24, I wait for death to come. Ever since I've been a kid. I have never been able to see where I want to be in "10 years" because all I have seen in darkness. I know if I died soon, I would leave behind a few good friends who care about me, unfortunately none I can see, 3 of 4 live abroad. The other one, I will never see again and my parents. The only thing that I stay alive for is my mom because she needs me and has even told me that recently, but I feel this is a burden because I don't want to let my mom down, yet I don't want to be here anymore, I want to finally be free from everything.

I know at least one person will try and help, but I don't think I want help, just telling my story, hopefully it can enlighten someone else into avoiding a similar fate. Though maybe I do want help, unfortunately no one has a pill to cure all my problems and make me "normal" and a functioning human being and I think thats what I am searching for...I will never find it. Happiness does not exist for me, it died long ago and left me with my torment, I'm hoping that 2012 is true so it can all end for me. Also I've already thought of a way to end my suffering, and I'd make sure it would happen at work. So I could give a final message to be delievered to my parents and I know someone would more than likely be by my side in my final moments on this god forsaken earth.

It's ironic, I had dreams that I wanted to accomplish such as:
Kissing a girl on the Eiffel tower at night.
Biking across a country

but all that is gone. I haven't felt the touch of a woman in over a year, and I'm not even talking about anything sexual but not even a handshake. I've become so numb inside and outside. I want it all to end, I'd give my life to my friend who suffers from MS, in my death she would be heal.

I'm sorry to have bored anyone with my story. There's so much I left out in my life story but thats just the basic and I guess need to know information. Again I apologize for such a boring read.

I felt really bad reading this... I'm so sorry that you've been treated like that at school. People can be so stupid and mean. I won't even talk about that egotist girl. Although it all seems dark and hopeless, things will get better. You have to keep trying, don't stop taking care of your body. You have to like yourself first if you want people to like you. I wish I could know you better so you would listen to me better than you probably are now. Even though these are words from a stranger, I'm really concerned about you and I hope you'll overcome the hard times. Life's worth living for everyone... No one's completely alone, no one's totally left behind or forgotten. Please, keep living to, someday, kiss a girl on the Eiffel tower under the moonlight =D and bike across a country. Remember: You've met a lot of jerks, but you'll still meet people worth living for. ^^

Dear Midnight Sorrow ~ Reading your story was not boring. You sound like a really wonderful person; someone who, despite all odds, still holds the spark of HOPE. That's one thing I never thought I'd lose...HOPE. Notice my ALL nickname "LGH" for "Love~Gratitude~Hope". Now look at how I usually sign most of my posts...only "LG". The "H" for "Hope" is missing. When I read your story I felt a lot of empathy for you. I was also very amazed that you still have a "bucket list" containing, among other things, "kissing a girl on the Eiffel tower at night" and "biking across a country". Please make these things happen! I am glad you joined the "ALL family". Be sure to fill out your profile bio field so we get to know you better. Also, let's celebrate your 24th birthday together! Best, LGH:)

What exactly drove these women away? Was it a lack of initiative on your part or were you exhibiting a clingy nature around them?

Life happens in cycles, endless cycles that you will never have power over, this lack of control seems to manifest itself in disinfecting things from germs because in your mind you have control over their life and death. When you come to terms that you have no control over the way you feel or what others feel around you, life becomes much more tolerable. You mentioned moving and life getting better...then getting worse again, this will happen your entire life no matter what you do. Yea from reading your post it seems like we had very similar experiences, it feels like I can relate but of course you won't accept that, acceptance won't happen when someone's going through a depressed state.

I remember wanting to kiss a girl in front of the eiffel tower, on a small walkway crossing a canal...her wearing a soft pearl tone sundress...me in khaki's with a button up shirt, sleeves tied back by garter belts...the sun setting at just the right angle casting an auburn glow illuminating our kiss.

It's cliche but stick in there, things'll change...my last suicide was when I was 24...2 years ago, of course I'd never believe it but maybe you'll believe me. It always gets worse to make you truly appreciate when it gets better. Sorry if my message is sporadic.

hey man.

well, i know exactly how you feel. in fact, look at my screen name. it's "freedom". i feel the same way that you do about freedom. to me, true freedom can only be found on the other side. even though i'm well on my way to achieving my dreams, to becoming a very rich and very powerful man, i still feel that i'll never be free until i die.

i meant to offer you some kind of advice when i started typing this, but the feelings of loneliness and despair overpower those of hope and optimism. you should know. anyway, i hope things work out for you man.

-freedom

I'm so exhausted but I wanted to answer your question Alonewanderer.

Yes to both. Sometimes I am clingy, especially when I know the only girl is interested and other times I do not make the "first" move or whatever. Because I have no clue about dating and girls. Lets face it, I only need one hand to describ my social circle with females. Most likely I read the "signals" they send wrong. Some rejection from females I deserved but others I still to this day wander "What the F!" like getting the excuse of "You're a nice guy" which in my head is what girls are looking for but I have a mentally of the 1960s or even earlier. So in todays society there is no place for me.
Am I clingy at times? Most definately. I will not deny. In the past 10 years I have hung out with girls around 20 times...so yeah, I have no idea how to behave around them. Everyone says "Be yourself" but that gets me NOWHERE. I am a gentleman, I would do the lil things like open a door for the female and no, not the check out her butt. Not all guys are...(fill in the blank).

I do read all the messages and I try to understand what you are all saying. I'm not going to disregard it but it will linger in the back of my skull. I try to give everyone a chance and voice their opinions, who knows maybe sometimes will hit me right in the face or others will give me more thoughts and knowledge. Though today, while I was walking too work, all I could think about was getting hit by a car hoping that it would be the last time I would be on this earth.

Yes, everyone counts in this world but not everyone is meant to survive. To whom ever said "In order for people to love you, you must love yourself", thats one of my problems...I hate myself, I hate my phobia, I hate how it controls me, I hate society and I look at myself in the mirror wishing I could disappear. Most people want to leave this earth with their names and bloodline to keep going. I don't. I don't see the point of putting another life on this earth that will most likely suffer the same way I have.

Its amazing, how 10 years ago, I wanted to help everyone, make people feel better and thought I could change the world for the better...than the true colors of this world slap me in the face and brought me down to reality. I can't even help my dearest friends with their problems anymore. They can ask me for advice and I have none. I don't want to help people anymore, I'm too tired and way too exhausted to keep up with everything and everyone. I would love to close my eyes, and sleep for years, than in 10-15 years wake up to see if the world has changed for the better or worse. That won't happen. The only way this earth becomes better is without humans on it. We take sometimes beautiful and destroy it. Theres nothing beautiful on this earth left..if there is...its because humans haven't either discovered or found it yet.

I do apologize if I have not yet answered back to what you have wrote in this message.

Okay...well this is way longer than I originally planned on so I'm going to sleep. Hopefully I don't wake up...but I will...*sighs*...

It's so strange how when I think back to 24 and going to work, I would exit my car and hope a car would hit me or when I got fed up how I'd fantasize about running out into traffic.

As for beauty in the world....I once tried on a pair of glasses, it worked, I had perfect vision. I glanced around at my surroundings and realized the world is an ugly place, I took the glasses off and sank back into my blurred vision of a pretty world.

24 was hard, it is a hard age, I've had a lot of bad happen in my life but 1 thing changed it all, if you'd like me to share what changed my life I will gladly tell you and explain my reasoning and steps towards achieving neutrality. I won't guarantee "happiness" but I can guarantee a change in your life for the better. It takes time though and you cannot rush the results but in 3 months tops you will not remember or care about your past. Effectively your life will be put squarely back in your palms for you and only you to control.

Let me know if you'd like me to share my experience.

Maybe your plan works, but you talk about having my life back into my own hands, mine to control unfortunately I wish I could believe that. The only problem is mysophobia, it will always control me in some way. The last two days have been worse than before...Sunday morning, before going to work I suffered a panic attack that rendered me competely immobile for the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. I didn't even show up at work. I had to go do laundry at the laundromat, and that is infected with "germs" so I wear rubber gloves to cope with it. Today I was called into work but I felt so out of place, knowing I didn't show up the day before.

I look at the calendar hating my birthday, I don't even want to see it. living to me is a burden. Everyone says "it will get better with time"...I will never have a decent relationship, and even if by some miracle I am dating, it would have to be with a girl that would understand, and cope with this fact. I will never have nice things, patio set? No! I wont ever be able to sit on it without losing my mind. The list goes on and on where my life is a ******* disaster and it can only get worse until I die.

Latest posts

Back