drive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5pt7art

Reaction score
i have no drove to do anything...i want to say i used to but it dissapeared when i turned 22....since then i have had no drive to do anything at all....right now im just going with the everyday routine...im tired of it

Do something different- if you feel like you can't then make it happen. When I used to have really bad days or weeks where all I wanted to do was quit my job and give up, because of the nowhere everyday routine, I'd go for a aimless drive or head to work a few hours early and walk around town; minor interactions with people. Care to tell us what your routine's like???

I started at a community allotment recently. I love it. So nice to just sit in the hut drinking tea and eating biscuits and just chatting as the rain falls.
DO STUFF. get out of your home and meet folk. Even if its just to be around them.

^Yeah, what they both said above. Just make yourself do something. If you don't, the drive may not just come up out of nowhere. You gotta do something and then things will start rolling.

I can relate, I have little drive anymore.

5pt7art said:
i have no drove to do anything...i want to say i used to but it dissapeared when i turned 22....since then i have had no drive to do anything at all....right now im just going with the everyday routine...im tired of it

I can also relate. The only drive I seem to have is the drive to get to work and buy the occasional bit of groceries. Maybe I need a motivational book or something. I want to live life. But right now, I feel like I'm just waiting to die. It's a mindset I'd love to break away from.

I can relate also. I'm relatively 'successful' career wise. My drive comes from the need to survive and compete..

I often think that if I was to win the lottery, I would have nothing to live for, because I feel like a have very little enthusiasm to do anything else, if that makes sense...

All I can say is find something that you are instinctively good at, and find a way to do it as often as possible.

I have also been known to lose the drive to do anything.
I agree with forcing yourself to do things, meeting new people and doing something different. Keep trying new things until you find something that DOES drive you. Take up new hobbies or even volunteer work. Perhaps helping others will give you a new sense of purpose and make you enjoy getting out and doing things for yourself again.

It may also help to figure out WHY you have lost the drive to do anything, if you don't already know.

my current routine..ive had it for quite a while now....wake up...go to work...eat lunch alone most of the time...come home from work...sit down and watch tv and use my laptop at the same time...next day repeat....i find it extremely difficult to do thing i once used to love doing

Is it worth talking to your Dr about it? I all the suggestions above are great. I hope you find it, I personally found Volunteer work leaves me feeling good, and that in turn has helped other areas of my life, one being motivation.

I really hope you find your drive :)

Latest posts

Back