Drunk and Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grandad said:
Hi. Seventeen and a virgin. Sounds like a good way to avoid catching something nasty. Everything comes to he who waits.
How would you like to help me?
I put lonely into Google for much the same reason as you, sitting drinking and feeling sorry for myself.
Now I have found this forum but have no idea what to do with it. I really am a granddad, and as it is in the west my family has grown up and away, I still work but find I have a lot of time between the end of the day and sleep, my idea was to find other boring old farts to talk to. But maybe kids (sorry but you are still a kid) might like to bounce of an anonymous older person who won’t judge them by any standards. Of course it might just sound like another pervert on the net? What do you think?
Any answer would be appreciated.
On this forum I am Grandad
My name is Jim

Hi Jim.

I really need someone to talk to. So i hope you can give some advice ;)

breakthecycle said:
So here goes i wanted to post on this site for a long time, but i just never founded the right words to say.

Poor English sry.

Since im drunk yes i got drunk all alone. Cuz thats the only time i fell alive besides that i just feel like a useless white meat without any future or hope.

Today i called my old buddies and told them how i felt. And told em how much im disappointed about them. That they never called or cared about my life. Pathetic? sure thing.
But what do you want me do to? Be strong and pretend that everything is all right. When the truth is that i want to commit suicide 24/7. And all I can think about is the past and what i did wrong back then,.

I may have suicide thoughts for no reason, but should´ t I feel that way when im alone ALL the friggin time
Here is some facts:
Im 17 years old still a virgin
I dont have any friends left
Im already a drunk and a burnout
And I have been unemployed for 7 months.

Maybe should i do something aboutit , but have can I do that wheneveryone around already have judge me as a weak geek with no future.
What should i do
Give me a reason why I should stick around..

And when i wake up tomorrow i may regret this post but whatever who cares :(

Breakthecycle, I know you posted several months ago, but I wanted so badly to write you tonight. I'm a REALLY OLD woman, so please don't think this is a come-on. You just so badly reminded me of my son, and myself when I was young all those years ago.

Kid, you won't believe me in a million years, but there are hundreds of thousands like you/me in your nation right now--NOW---who are lonely or drunk or virginal or miserable. We are ALL--right now!--thinking of offing ourselves, or manisfesting some expression of our misery. The pain is as real as day. Hope for a future--any future--seems like a sick, pointless joke perpetrated by hip people with girlfriends/boyfriends who always seem to get everything they want, let alone what they need, and the GETTING of those things always seems to come from them TAKING something from us.

And we...well. You are not alone. When we are young men and women, loneliness seems to cut through our hearts like a gamma knife, slicing and mincing our judgement, our reason and even our compassion for others.

But in a weird way, we're NOT alone. We're in this vague club of outsiders that's as old as humans are and as universal as air. How can being so alone bring us so together? But we are together. I'm thinking of you right now.

Don't off yourself, and if you can do it yourself, put down the pint. If you're having trouble, get some help--it's as near as the AA meeting round the corner. Kid, I've been to a LOT of AA meetings, and Alanon meetings. They're just like you and me. They ARE you and me.

As for a reason to put down the pint and the ..whatever it is you'd use to kill yourself... well, think of this. It's agony right now. But somewhere there's an amazing chance that your soulmate is looking for YOU. Really. I walked in to a room of strangers, almost 30 years ago, saw a man, and a voice in my head said (rightly) "THIS IS THE MAN I AM GOING TO MARRY." It could happen to you. Why blow that chance?

Something else to think about. Something difficult right now. Can you shift yourself to do one nice thing for someone else today? Not in a fairytale way, not in a "because my mother told me to" way, and nothing huge. Just one thing, like helping someone with something with no ulterior motive at all--just helping and then walking away. It's incredible. It can change your life. Do I sound like your grandmother? Sorry!

Latest posts

Back