DTR's Magical Traveling Mind Dump - Part XVIII

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
November 27, 2010

It's half past midnight. The TV is off. All is dark except for the single old-fashioned floor lamp with the beaded shade, its crystal jewels resembling snow illuminated on a wintry stage in the middle of a holiday performance down at the theatre. I bury my ugly grimace into my ugly brown pillow and listen to a single line from a single Christmas song repeat itself in my head for the thousandth time. Simply having a wonderful Christmas time. Simply having a wonderful Christmas time. Simply having...
I don't even celebrate Christmas.
I look up at the screen every once in a while to make sure I'm not typing nonsense. Too late. I wince. Migraines and LCD mix like a balsamic vinaigrette and yet my fingers keep on pounding. My joints keep creaking. My blood keeps pumping. I continue to write, as if I have something to say. I just can't get it out. Maybe I'm just hoping for the right person to read the right words and just get it. Maybe I'm being ridiculous.

So, why the hell are they playing Christmas songs in November?

it's the bottom line baby, that push to get out of the red and into the black... the powers that be, big brother, the gods of consumerism want us in the mood as soon as possible to start the spending mayhem, the gross disgorgement of green from our pockets into their greedy little hands.....statistics all show it is not until the "HOLIDAYS" that most businesses start showing a profit for all their hard work all year long..... I read somewhere there were only two retailers in the entire country who refused to throw up the Christmas displays before Thanksgiving ( my post menopausal brain cannot remember who they were).... there is NO PROFIT for any retailer in Thanksgiving, it isn't about gifts....hence the jump to Christmas and trying to get you to start spending early....hell, where do you live? We had Christmas decorations up at October around here, lol and the Christmas music started on November 1.

lovely writing by the way, you are very talented

LOL. We had Christmas decorations up in late September early October. Some stores keep them up year-round. Music started a week before Thanksgiving. It'll only be a matter of time before they start making Thanksgiving about gifts...and giving them.

Latest posts

Back