Earthquake in L'Aquila, Italy. Please keep my relatives in your thoughts and prayers.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayvanCowboy

Reaction score
Today as many of you all know, an earthquake has hit Italy. A very big one that has left many dead. My grandmother was born in the centre of L'Aquila. Her brother, Zio Antonino, who is the last surviving relative from her immediate family lives there and its the place that MANY generations from my Italian side have lived forever. She left school when she was in grade 2 to take care of him since their parents died when they were very young. Also my cousin Sylvana has been living there as well, taking care of him since he has lived by himself because his wife has died over 5 years ago and she works there and has family there as well.

Relatives have been calling that we have not heard from in years and some people on my street who come from small towns nearby the centre of the earthquake have visited to find out if we know or heard of anything about them. So far, nothing. We haven't heard of a thing and it is really worrying us. If anyone was ok we probably would have heard of something by now.

I am so sick to my stomach because I spent an entire month there when I was really young with my grandmother. Her brother, Zio Antonino is a man with a heart of gold. He was always smiling and was happy around me. I never seen him upset or mad when I was with him. He did as much as he could to make our stay enjoyable. It is the most beautiful place I have ever visited. I'm just crying a bit because they are the last type of people that deserve to be in that situation. :(

So please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Also to the ones who have passed and have been injured.

(((((Dayvan)))))

OUr thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted, should you receive any news.

(((((Dayvan)))))
Will do that.
It is so tragic.

So sorry to hear this Dayvan. I hope you hear from them soon.
Thinking of them and you.
Take care.

Often when these disasters strike communications are down. I hope you hear from your relatives and that they are safe.

I hope they're all righ Dayvan. Hope you'll hear from them soon

*Hug*

Thank you everyone!

I just heard from my Zio and my cousin. They are both doing fine and managed to leave the city today and are staying over at some other relatives that live in Rome. When the earthquake happened he was lying in his bed and since he is in his early 80s he was not able to jump off to somewhere safe, the bed moved from one end of the room to the other. Both of their homes are a complete mess. They are still standing, but everything inside is completely turned over, broken, and just all over the place. Also there are huge cracks and pieces of wall missing along the outside of their houses and it seems that the houses took a great amount of damage so its not safe to stay there until they both can get it inspected. With the absolute disaster the city is in, that will take a while, but they are doing fine and are in good company.

Once again, thank you so much for your replies and support everybody. Thank you!

I didn't see this thread until now. I'm really happy to hear that your relatives are ok!!

*Hugs* :)

I'm glad to hear that your relatives are okay. :):)
My thoughts also go out to the other residents of L'Aquila, and to the families of those deceased or injured.

Very glad to hear that these shocking events have not led to personal tragedy Dav.

Latest posts

Back