Ebb and flow of relationships in social groups

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romeo Echo

Reaction score
Reflecting upon the state of my friendship group recently and I realized several things that previously I had turned a blind eye too.

I'm not sure of the experiences of others, but i have found in my social group all the relationships tend to spring up all at once. At a point last year, the good majority of my friendship group were all in relationships that were quite new (i.e. they only just started to see them). These relationships lasted for varying durations but eventually came another point when hardly anyone was in a relationship.

After this has reoccurred recently with 4 new relationships coming in the space of a week (and two more possibly in the pipeline) does anyone else think that relationships can kind of be like busses? (None at one point, then hundreds at another for those that don't know the British phrase)

Also with 8/10 of my closest friends being engaged in relations with a significant other (forever alone), anyone else get the feeling they isolated in a sea of relationships at certain points?

Can't say I've experienced that. In all the groups I have been around, i have been the one that has no clue how to date and everyone else was in a relationship or getting ready to get back into another one.

I couldn't tell you because wasnt taking notice
Of it. Its been a while since ivr been in high school.
Or college.
Ive been in relationships most of my live at very
Stages. From casual dating, shot term, long term,
To marroage.

I tend to fky with the flog in this way.
When im single i hang with single people.
When werr a couple, we hang with couples.

Between work, raising children , maintaing
A household and tryimg to keep the fitr burning...
I simply didnt have time to ponder about many
Things.

Cointing heads of who was dating or was single
Wasnt on my honey do list.

Im in a relationship now...
She has a big ass honey do list that
I need to get done. Plus we have
Lots of issues and challenges.
My focus is more on this.

Maybe u can take a serve of
How many people reunit
With tbeir high shool sweet