Elliott Smith appreciation thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euphoria

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since it's 10 years after the passing of Elliott Smith I thought it was a good idea to start this thread to remember him and his music. For the fans to share their favorite songs and for people that have never heard of Elliott, to get introduced to his music.

Link to wiki:

- Wikipedia page

[video=youtube]

Here you can listen to some of the full albums, think XO is the best starting point for new listeners.

- XO album
- Either/Or album
- Figure 8 album

I personally learned of Elliott's music in 2007 through a small article in a magazine. My favorite is probably the Figure 8 album.

What's your favorite song / album? Let's hear it.

I've only recently been introduced to his music through my boyfriend who has been a fan for some time. I'm only really familiar with Either Or which is also my boyfriends favourite album. It's stunning in my opinion and I actually bought him a vinyl copy for his last birthday. It was lovely to know how much he would like it and that it meant something to him. For me I wish I'd heard of him earlier as it's very me. I need to listen to his other albums more!

I'm not sure about the Nick Drake thing really. I guess he never came to made when I heard it.

Oh gosh Elliott Smith is amazing, his lyrics and songs are so meaningful. Heard his music a few years ago and I've been listening to him ever since. =)

Elliott Smith Memorable Wall
elliot-smith-wall-la-592.jpg

Latest posts

Back