Evening all!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omnione

Reaction score
Another newbie here,

Long story short, I've come out of a relationship of over 7 years and have since realised I have very few friends any more.
I'm a 40 year old guy, though don't look or act it, naturally introverted.. but by no means a loner.

Last year I moved to a new area with my now ex-fiancée. We bought our first house together and things were looking great.
I used to regularly say "My 30s have been the best years of my life" to my colleagues at work.
Not long after the move I found she was a serial cheat (with anything that moved, men, women, couples.. you get the picture). Talk about a double life.
When I found out, that was that.

The irony is not lost on me, and I now feel like my 30s were based on a lie -stolen from me.
Insult to injury I'll also have to pay her to get her off the deeds for the house she contributed almost nothing towards.

The result, left me in an area with no friends, very little money (as I'm now paying an over inflated interest rate due to her awful credit rating) and some serious trust issues.

The strain caused by the above has resulted in some physical health issues, but I'm on the mend and trying to look forward to positive changes in my life.
It can only get better, because it doesn't feel like it can get much worse!

Anyways, I find myself here looking for some company and community, not sure what else to say.

Thanks for reading,

Group hug anyone? :)

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that. That does sound pretty ******* honeysuckle, to be fair.

I thought I had problems until I read some stories here, yours included. It doesn't make me feel any better about my own lot in life but there you go. Each to their own, really, except here you can at least try to reach out to people and see if the support helps you.

If you ever fancy a message or a call or anything, let me know. Would be weird talking to a near stranger on deep issues but I think 'big talk' is pretty important and people shouldn't feel the need to dance around small talk before opening up. But that's just me.

I prefer conversations on my phone though, I'm not laptop bound so, PM me if you fancy texting or yapping on Whatsapp, Skype or Facebook messenger etc...

Hey Omnione welcome to the forum.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles, that's gotta be pretty rough.

Here's a hug though *hugs* :)

Thanks guys appreciate the responses, life does throw some curve-balls.
I keep telling myself better to be where I am now than be there in 10 years with kids or something like that.. that would be a real nightmare!

Hug accepted evanescencefan912 :)

Latest posts

Back