First day of the rest of my life.-

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. First time posting here.

I´m a Literature teacher from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I’m 31, I’m single and I have no kids. Few years ago, I moved back to my parent’s house as my mother had been diagnosed with cancer and my dad already suffered from Parkinson; since they both required help, I decided to lend them a hand at home.

My mom died three years ago and my dad suffered from depression after her loss. Struggling with different physical and psychological challenges, my siblings and I talked to him and we all decided it would be better for him to move to a nursing home, as it was becoming harder and harder for us to assist him and we could not be at home everyday to look after him.

He moved last week and since that day I´m living alone at a big house that ten years ago had six people living inside.

Feels a bit weird, I´m coping a bit with a complex mixture of emotions.

Hope to meet new people around here and have a good time. Regards.-

Sorry for your loss!
But thanks for your post. I must admit I like details in such posts....

Can I ask something? I mean, I am going to ask but its up to you to answer.
How is it to be a literature teacher? (Always wanted to become one)

Hopefully you cope, and get in a better place, it sounds rough :(

Enjoy your stay please :p

I´m a Literature teacher from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I’m 31, I’m single and I have no kids. Few years ago, I moved back to my parent’s house as my mother had been diagnosed with cancer and my dad already suffered from Parkinson; since they both required help, I decided to lend them a hand at home.

My mom died three years ago and my dad suffered from depression after her loss. Struggling with different physical and psychological challenges, my siblings and I talked to him and we all decided it would be better for him to move to a nursing home, as it was becoming harder and harder for us to assist him and we could not be at home everyday to look after him.

He moved last week and since that day I´m living alone at a big house that ten years ago had six people living inside.

Welcome in😊 i'm still new here Joined last week.

I work in a care home for elderly. It's difficult to care for older people alone when they need extra help so I wouldn't feel bad about it. You cant do everything.

Hard decisions. I think you did right. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry for your loss!
But thanks for your post. I must admit I like details in such posts....

Can I ask something? I mean, I am going to ask but its up to you to answer.
How is it to be a literature teacher? (Always wanted to become one)

Hopefully you cope, and get in a better place, it sounds rough :(

Enjoy your stay please :p

Hey! Thanks for your words.
Well, I usually enjoy my job as a teacher. I get to talk about authors I like and prepare funny activities to work with, and I get paid for that, so it's a good deal haha.
The "not so great" part is that working with teenagers sometimes implies you gotta struggle for their attention or their quietness, unluckily. I´d totally recommend it if you like literature.

By the way, I love Murakami and I once taught it at school ("Yesterday", beautiful story).

Regards.-

Hey! Thanks for your words.
Well, I usually enjoy my job as a teacher. I get to talk about authors I like and prepare funny activities to work with, and I get paid for that, so it's a good deal haha.
The "not so great" part is that working with teenagers sometimes implies you gotta struggle for their attention or their quietness, unluckily. I´d totally recommend it if you like literature.

By the way, I love Murakami and I once taught it at school ("Yesterday", beautiful story).

Regards.-
Yes! And cool :)
Really hope you enjoy your stay

Latest posts

Back