Ever fall in love with your best friend?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yep. I've done it twice. It's one of the most frustrating, harsh things that can happen. Once you develop a "crush" on your close friend, it becomes more than a crush because you only get even closer to them. There are three things that could happen-

1. You can tell that person you love them, embarrass yourself and have them say they don't like you back due to complications, but you two continue the friendship anyways.

2. You could tell them and have them be freaked out and leave, and then ya just lost a really important person.

3. Or you could tell them and they feel the same way, which rarely happens.

The first two are most likely to happen, so either way it's really risky to confess to them. The first time I fell in love, the first one happened. My old best friend Parker, a friend of about 4 years by then, we were extremely close. Just around the time I realized I liked her, she got a boyfriend. I knew she'd never like me back, but I still hated this dudes guts anyways. Despite that, I tried being friends with him to make sure he was treating her right. Me and him ended up having a lot of arguments, and within those arguments, without really realizing it, I told him that I loved her. His reaction was weird, he didn't tell me to go away, he didn't tell me to not steal "his girl". He gave me an offer: the three of us could be in a love triangle sorta thing, because he understood that I'm very close to her. But a love triangle? With him? Nah, I rejected the idea immediately. Actually I was pretty offended, never spoke to him again. He still told her about my feelings for her, even though I told him to keep his mouth shut. Me and her have lost touch since she moved to Germany, but we still talk sometimes.

The second time I fell in love is actually happening right now. My best friend, Erik, is probably the most amazing person I've met in my entire life. I actually haven't known him for that long, but we just connected so quickly and got really close. When I'm with him I feel so different, like all my problems have disappeared, but when I'm not around him I get even lonelier, and sometimes go into weird 30 minute periods where I completely push everything away, tune everything out and become unbearably lonely and just start freaking out. If I ever try to tell him I'll get super tongue tied and he'll be weirded out by me. I really don't wanna lose him so I probably won't say anything. If I ever happen to tell him I'll be posting about it, it most likely will go terribly.

Back to the question- ever fallen in love with your best friend? I wanna hear about it. And if you got any advice, I'd appreciate it. c:

Latest posts

Back