Everything feels hopeless.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 8428

Reaction score
This is probably TLDR, But whatever...

For no apparent reason, the entire world has devolved into a desolate wasteland. People no longer care about anything anymore and mostly just search for personal approval or power to make them feel like a queen or king for attracting a large number of people's attention because they are unhappy or egotistical.
I don't understand how people can be robotic and flock to a person for their looks, money, or if they own many shiny expensive items because they can't have it themselves and worship other people for it because they wish they could be them.
Everything comes down to how many items you can collect, and we will belittle those who have few or no material possessions. Finding genuine connections or romantic relationships has become impossible unless you are useful, like you are simply a decorative item in their lives like a pricey watch or piece of jewelry.
Being ordinary deprives you of connections with others. This makes discovering someone comparable to finding a unicorn or an envelope full of cash. You are fated to be alone endlessly, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Nobody, no matter how faithful they claim to be, is truly loyal; it is always only for the moment and it passes. Truth is merely a lie disguised as a Happy Meal.
You'll find someone who says, "Not me! "I'm not like that," but they make no attempt to prove it. And are only stating it to stand out from the crowd.
Everyone, even if they are unaware of it, is wearing a mask. that they remove once you have complete trust in them, and once they have it, they rip you apart after they grow tired of you. And then don't lose any sleep about how they made you feel.
Others simply pretend to care about you and sometimes make a tiny attempt to console you when we all know that the main purpose is to make themselves feel better, even if we refuse to acknowledge it.
Then you are instructed to "just get outside more!" "You're meeting the wrong people." but when you are the one reaching out, you are met with people being put off by you, thinking you're weird or creepy, or they can't hold a conversation for longer than 30 seconds unless you essentially study human psychology and learn how to artificially keep a conversation going so they won't leave.
However, if you wait for someone else to reach out to you, it will never happen. You could be in a crowd and everyone will walk by you as if you are part of the landscape or do not exist. Unless someone finds you appealing in some manner or feels sorry for you, nobody would walk over, sit down with you, or introduce themselves.
Society has gotten sick and numb to the point that we all look at each other through the lens of whatever label society has assigned to you. dividing us all based on our political views, sexual orientation, or other characteristics as though we were all just mere inanimate objects.
Then you turn into an enemy to everyone who has negative feelings toward the label that you have been given. We are divided without even wanting to be divided.
We are used, cast away, and used again until you finally give up after trying so hard. We are told to keep going because things will get better so you can be surrounded by better things if you just keep working harder. But Everything we own ends up owning you.
It's unfair that you have no option but to live in this world even though you know deep down that you don't want to or can't for some reason or see a cause, but rather to stop people from being sad and missing you, which only really happens after you've passed away.

Sometimes I look at the world and my place/position in it, lately, and wonder, is this hell? I know there are far worse positions to be in. But, maybe it is a kind of hell, sometimes.

But, I also remember, a few years ago, that sort of thought never occurred to me, and, the majority of my life, I never felt that way, quite the opposite sometimes, even.

So, I conclude it's circumstantial. State of mind, personal circumstance, and the current happenings of the external environment (of which my perception, presence, and influence, is very limited).

Kind of like when you are angry, and then all you can remember is the type of things that are angering. Or when you are on bliss cloud nine, you think of and remember all the best things, and even the ugly parts of life, seem to have their own dimmly shimmering beauty, in relation to everything else.

The tough part is when you forget, or don't remember, or have no concept of anything else except the quagmire. All is murky. Everything is grey, damp, foggy, and ugly. And you become convinced that is all there is, all that ever was, and all that ever will be.

Everything is in constant flux.

I'm simply tired of everything. I'm ready to leave this world. And I probably would have done so if I hadn't had to stay to defend my son against a narcissist. who believes They can use him as a weapon against me. Everything looks fake, as if everyone is only thinking about themselves. Even if you might discover "gold" when digging through garbage, there are moments when you just want to stop. The more I mature, the more I see how ridiculous the world is. If you can't provide you are less than a human because we are only used for what we are capable of giving. I'm tired of being miserable, being alone all the time, and of how difficult it is to do anything in life.
Die or become a slave. Additionally, the fact that everyone else is frustrated makes the world appear empty. Nobody trusts each other. I take medications, but they don't do anything but make me feel numb. I just want to sleep constantly to escape life because there is no other option but to stop being alive, yet even sleeping gets boring. I use music, movies, and video games as a distraction, but eventually it gets repetitive. I attempt to leave the house more often, but what should I do out there? admire trees? Nobody goes outside anymore unless they are a child, going to work, or are spending money. What are you suppose to do nowdays? interact on social media Tiktok, facebook or subscribe to someone's Onlyfans etc? Social media seems to be the only way everyone feels safe to interact. It's all about how many likes or followers you can get online.

There are adults who go out in the world, even if only to admire trees. Walk around, check meetup and see if anything is in your area. Go for hikes...do you have any state parks around?
These things don't exist where I live. It's basically just a concrete jungle.

As I’ve said before, make a change. Experience new things.
As in move? lol I cant. I don't drive, and I live with my parent. I have $2 to my name. perhaps there is more change in a drawer. My father lives two hours away and is gone for 90% of the time. So I have to walk everywhere if I need something. I'm stuck. There is nothing to experience. I've been everywhere conceivable.

As in move? lol I cant. I don't drive, and I live with my parent. I have $2 to my name. perhaps there is more change in a drawer. My father lives two hours away and is gone for 90% of the time. So I have to walk everywhere if I need something. I'm stuck. There is nothing to experience. I've been everywhere conceivable.
Hitch hike. Go live in a commune. There is always more to experience.

Or don’t. It’s your life.

This is probably TLDR, But whatever...

For no apparent reason, the entire world has devolved into a desolate wasteland. People no longer care about anything anymore and mostly just search for personal approval or power to make them feel like a queen or king for attracting a large number of people's attention because they are unhappy or egotistical.
I don't understand how people can be robotic and flock to a person for their looks, money, or if they own many shiny expensive items because they can't have it themselves and worship other people for it because they wish they could be them.
Everything comes down to how many items you can collect, and we will belittle those who have few or no material possessions. Finding genuine connections or romantic relationships has become impossible unless you are useful, like you are simply a decorative item in their lives like a pricey watch or piece of jewelry.
Being ordinary deprives you of connections with others. This makes discovering someone comparable to finding a unicorn or an envelope full of cash. You are fated to be alone endlessly, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Nobody, no matter how faithful they claim to be, is truly loyal; it is always only for the moment and it passes. Truth is merely a lie disguised as a Happy Meal.
You'll find someone who says, "Not me! "I'm not like that," but they make no attempt to prove it. And are only stating it to stand out from the crowd.
Everyone, even if they are unaware of it, is wearing a mask. that they remove once you have complete trust in them, and once they have it, they rip you apart after they grow tired of you. And then don't lose any sleep about how they made you feel.
Others simply pretend to care about you and sometimes make a tiny attempt to console you when we all know that the main purpose is to make themselves feel better, even if we refuse to acknowledge it.
Then you are instructed to "just get outside more!" "You're meeting the wrong people." but when you are the one reaching out, you are met with people being put off by you, thinking you're weird or creepy, or they can't hold a conversation for longer than 30 seconds unless you essentially study human psychology and learn how to artificially keep a conversation going so they won't leave.
However, if you wait for someone else to reach out to you, it will never happen. You could be in a crowd and everyone will walk by you as if you are part of the landscape or do not exist. Unless someone finds you appealing in some manner or feels sorry for you, nobody would walk over, sit down with you, or introduce themselves.
Society has gotten sick and numb to the point that we all look at each other through the lens of whatever label society has assigned to you. dividing us all based on our political views, sexual orientation, or other characteristics as though we were all just mere inanimate objects.
Then you turn into an enemy to everyone who has negative feelings toward the label that you have been given. We are divided without even wanting to be divided.
We are used, cast away, and used again until you finally give up after trying so hard. We are told to keep going because things will get better so you can be surrounded by better things if you just keep working harder. But Everything we own ends up owning you.
It's unfair that you have no option but to live in this world even though you know deep down that you don't want to or can't for some reason or see a cause, but rather to stop people from being sad and missing you, which only really happens after you've passed away.

Asylum, you can freely dismiss my response as easily as the others, but at least allow me to say it for your consideration.

I think we can all agree with some of your observations and frustrations with people and culture today. Yes, it is a messed up world of people focused on self interests who are more concerned with taking than giving, be it material things or relationship interactions. And because of that, they're gong to treat others inconsistently and unfairly based upon looks, economic status, or other prejudicial ways. But, as others have suggested, not everything, everyone, or every place is as distressing as you perceive. Though imperfect perhaps, there are still so many beautiful places to be, good things to experience, and loving people to meet in this world - enough to counter the total despair you focus on.

So what to do? As a Christian, I first recognize that God loves me more than anyone else in the world ever can or will, and he won't let me down like others inevitably do. Thus, I want to seek and hold onto that relationship as the most important purpose of my life. That not only gives me a strengthening foundation of peace and joy to live now in this troubled world, but a comforting hope for the new, better world, body, and life to come.

If you seek to know and love God, you will inevitably meet others who are trying to do the same. And on that path you'll find people that want to know and love you. They will never fulfill your relational needs completely or perfectly like Jesus will, but they can enrich your life in positive ways.

No matter where you are Asylum or what your circumstances are, you have the choice to let God into your life and to seek new acquaintances or friends in the process. Life needn't be hopeless.

Clear your mind of questions...

Something about the original Star Wars Trilogy, even the prequils to a degree, is so... calming, reassuring, comforting..

Nerds. 😈
Ever since I saw the new movies, I've kind of grown allergic to Star Wars, a universe I used to love. Can't even look at the original trilogy anymore.
They should have stopped at 6. It was enough.

Try to focus on personal values: Maintain the values and principles that you believe in and give value to your life. These may be the basic values for your happiness and psychological comfort. If you love and believe that giving, love, compassion, and helping people give you a morale boost, do not hesitate to get involved in charitable organizations. I have been working for 10 years as a volunteer in an orphanage and a home for the elderly, and I feel very happy when I hug an orphan child or help an old man whose children have abandoned him.
Self-esteem: Appreciate yourself and be the thing you see missing in the world. You were the loving, compassionate person, and believe me, you will find someone like you. We attract those who are similar to us. Do not focus on the negative side, but only the positive. Control your feelings and do not let feelings control you.
Find sources of support: Try to find friends or family members who share your values and provide emotional support.
D: There could be other people who feel the same anxiety about this topic. You may find more compatible relationships with them. Try to communicate with them. Share your thoughts. Perhaps there is someone out there who has the same question and has the same interests
Remember that the world is constantly changing, and there may come other periods when societal values and concerns change. It is important to stay true to yourself and your values in this world and positive no matter what you see

Latest posts

Back