Evil queen homophobia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
That awful show strictly come dancing came on the BBC.

In the open seconds a camp gay was presented and said "I'm the evil seen" to which that ancient horse faced relic Forsyth replied, with sarcasm and innuendo ", I'm saying nothing!".

I remember that stuff as a boy struggling with his sexuality. It hut. It made you feel down. It made you ashamed of yourself. The othering. Camp queen. Poof. Queer. Different. Not normal.

A thing to be ridiculed.

It's not harmless, not to those struggling to accept themselves.

Not acceptable. Not in the UK. Not in 2014.

Homosexuals have been presented in a ridiculous way on TV for years now, but you're right, the talent shows of the last two years have crossed the line, it's like they purposefully try to portray gays as annoying buffoons. My best friend is gay and he is as disgusted with this as you are. But you know what? He says that the only people who will take these shows seriously are so shallow and empty themselves that their opinion on him doesn't even matter, which I tend to agree with. So, relax and don't take it so personally if you ask me, tv producers will do anything for money. It doesn't mean that what they portray is true.

Seeker_2.0 said:
Homosexuals have been presented in a ridiculous way on TV for years now, but you're right, the talent shows of the last two years have crossed the line, it's like they purposefully try to portray gays as annoying buffoons. My best friend is gay and he is as disgusted with this as you are. But you know what? He says that the only people who will take these shows seriously are so shallow and empty themselves that their opinion on him doesn't even matter, which I tend to agree with. So, relax and don't take it so personally if you ask me, tv producers will do anything for money. It doesn't mean that what they portray is true.

I know now it is rubbish, but a young boy struggling with his identity is hypersensitive to this sort of thing.

No different in my mind than making a joke about someone of African origin and a wide nose. No less offensive than that.

"camp old queen"
"big black nose"

Both so offensive.

But most people find gay stereotyping wholly acceptable.

cumulus.james said:
Seeker_2.0 said:

I know now it is rubbish, but a young boy struggling with his identity is hypersensitive to this sort of thing.

No different in my mind than making a joke about someone of African origin and a wide nose. No less offensive than that.

"camp old queen"
"big black nose"

Both so offensive.

But most people find gay stereotyping wholly acceptable.

I think that most people find most stereotyping acceptable in general, even though they may claim otherwise.

But when they portrayed other races in such ways in the 1970's in such cruel ways, it was recognized that it is not right. It is not right that LBGT people still suffer this. You can no more choose your sexuality than the colour of your skin.

This is why I hate the media and consume as little as possible of it. Once I realized they were actively attempting to control my perceptions, I took a pass. I haven't watched television in four years. Only when I think there might be a tornado and I'm checking the weather. I literally cannot stand it. No one tells me what to think or how to perceive the world around me.

jd7 said:
This is why I hate the media and consume as little as possible of it. Once I realized they were actively attempting to control my perceptions, I took a pass. I haven't watched television in four years. Only when I think there might be a tornado and I'm checking the weather. I literally cannot stand it. No one tells me what to think or how to perceive the world around me.

Having thrown my tv out of the window (literally, I wanted to see it die) 8 years ago, I second that. Even when I visit my sister, who has the TV on ALL the time, i quickly get uncomfortable from what I see.

Seeker_2.0 said:
jd7 said:

Having thrown my tv out of the window (literally, I wanted to see it die) 8 years ago, I second that. Even when I visit my sister, who has the TV on ALL the time, i quickly get uncomfortable from what I see.

Haha! Excellent... Yah, I have to tell people, "Please turn that $%#&#@ thing off." Some people always have the **** TV on, playing in the background. A constant invitation of darkness into one's home. Plain and simple, I'm not buying what they're selling.

I have long periods of not watching the idiot box. I know what shows I like and can download them, no adverts. I get my news from alt news sites and YouTube. Keiser report is always available on YouTube. The Trees is good. I think younger people are leaving TV behind. But still too many people come home from work and plonk themselves in front of the TV, being fed "approved" information (it's not different than communism). Then they go to work the next day discussing only what crap the BBC feed them. The masses are under the control of a neo-liberal crony capitalist plutocracy. And they don't know it because they rely on the very media who's main interest is too keep the west under this trance.

cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
The masses are under the control of a neo-liberal crony capitalist plutocracy.

Agreed

The internet threatens that, hence they need total control of it (via the excuse of terrorism).

Agreed again.

We are in a race between the old powers attempting to hijack the technological revolution to keep their power structures in place. They will eventually fail, even if they 'achieve' this for a short time. Because they will become like a North Korean dictator. Without the consent of the governed, all government is illegitimate. Show me a regime in power today with the consent of its people? I see very few. This will further the push for globalization and global governance in order that they may work together to keep the whole house of cards from tumbling down.

Meanwhile, on the other side of things, you've got the scientists, technologists, computer gurus, etc...who are the force that stands a chance at freeing humanity from its past and leaving ALL of the current powers behind to rot and be forgotten.

jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

Agreed

The internet threatens that, hence they need total control of it (via the excuse of terrorism).

Agreed again.

We are in a race between the old powers attempting to hijack the technological revolution to keep their power structures in place. They will eventually fail, even if they 'achieve' this for a short time. Because they will become like a North Korean dictator. Without the consent of the governed, all government is illegitimate. Show me a regime in power today with the consent of its people? I see very few. This will further the push for globalization and global governance in order that they may work together to keep the whole house of cards from tumbling down.

Meanwhile, on the other side of things, you've got the scientists, technologists, computer gurus, etc...who are the force that stands a chance at freeing humanity from its past and leaving ALL of the current powers behind to rot and be forgotten.

There's a film on YouTube you might like called "manufacturing consent".

Bitcoin and the blockchain must have them quaking in thier boots, open source, decentralized transparent currency.

Did you know there are moves to make a 2 tier internet?, so fakebook et al get max speed, and everything that is not a corporation will be akin to dial up.

I can see there being moves to create a new internet. Think about it, with storage and processing so cheap and means of sending signals why do we need ISP's and server farms. Say everyone gave 10% of thier storage to the "cloud", we could, take back the internet.

I'm seen as being 'other' as well because of my anxiety/depression. It is horrible. People look at me differently in society if I talk about it. They have an alienating look in their eyes. So I don't talk about it now except online. Why is it so difficult to understand? Most people have experienced being nervous or depressed. It's just that it's more extreme in my case.

greenapple271 said:
I'm seen as being 'other' as well because of my anxiety/depression. It is horrible. People look at me differently in society if I talk about it. They have an alienating look in their eyes. So I don't talk about it now except online. Why is it so difficult to understand? Most people have experienced being nervous or depressed. It's just that it's more extreme in my case.

I get that. I got the double whammy of being a gay and a mental. I'm on welfare too which also makes me a scrouger over here.

cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

Agreed

Agreed again.

There's a film on YouTube you might like called "manufacturing consent".

Bitcoin and the blockchain must have them quaking in thier boots, open source, decentralized transparent currency.

Did you know there are moves to make a 2 tier internet?, so fakebook et al get max speed, and everything that is not a corporation will be akin to dial up.

I can see there being moves to create a new internet. Think about it, with storage and processing so cheap and means of sending signals why do we need ISP's and server farms. Say everyone gave 10% of thier storage to the "cloud", we could, take back the internet.

I thought you might appreciate this mesh network a decentralized internet of sorts that's getting more popular
https://projectmeshnet.org/
http://hyperboria.net/
A mesh network like that you can just keep adding devices so if everyone had one in there home there would be no need for ISP at all for most things.

Also sorry to hear the way you are treated i feel like in the UK people can be rather heartless about various mental issues that to be honest lots of people suffer in silence with, not only that but there does not seem like much help out there for people.