Experience with meetups round#2 - mixed social/dating event with 'age appropriate' forty somethings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you care about that?
Because the only thing left is an "arrangement" like the type you're describing.

Who knows, maybe when I'm your age maybe I'll drop all pretenses, go down this road and deal with all the judgements, but until then I need more than some facsimile.

Last edited:
for weird reason, I don't enjoy the idea of dating someone who is barely 2 years younge than me.

I'm 23, and a 20-21 year old woman feels too young for some reason. I wouldn't mind dating a 25 or even 27 year old woman, but weirdly, as soon as it gets close to 20, it feels wrong for me, as if I was a predator look for "naive young girl" (even though at 20 you're not a girl anymore)

it's probably me and my fear of looking creepy that plays into this weird thing

for weird reason, I don't enjoy the idea of dating someone who is barely 2 years younge than me.

I'm 23, and a 20-21 year old woman feels too young for some reason. I wouldn't mind dating a 25 or even 27 year old woman, but weirdly, as soon as it gets close to 20, it feels wrong for me, as if I was a predator look for "naive young girl" (even though at 20 you're not a girl anymore)

it's probably me and my fear of looking creepy that plays into this weird thing
I wouldn't date a twenty year old either, that certainly would be creepy. At your age attractive looking people are everywhere so there's no reason to date younger anyway.

Last edited:
The only people wo will talk to me are much younger or older then me. Basically people who don't care about all that. Maybe your best shot is someone much younger then you
Creep labels and the chances of that are so slim.

My mind still thinks I should be around these people. In reality I'm expected to want to be around and date people who are closer to this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back