facebook hate!!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munia

Reaction score
I hate facebook! its such a thing that makes me feel like a big loser. im reminded of my mistakes and how much my friends and mates have moved on and left me 8 yrs! behind.

all i see are people posting pictures and comments to brag and show off hw great dier lives are, making me feel hopeless and jealousy.
wats dis craze 4 facebook anyway? its annoying hw evryday i here d questn "r u on facebook"? makes me wana cry.
does anybodyelse feel dis way? tell us about it.

"all i see are people posting pictures and comments to brag and show off hw great dier lives are, making me feel hopeless and jealousy.
wats dis craze 4 facebook anyway? its annoying hw evryday i here d questn "r u on facebook"?":

Totally agree with you
couldnt help but to say so

I've turned off my facebook but I know what you mean, but people only show what they want you to see on facebook. They should call it fakebook.

jimmymckooel said:
They should call it fakebook.

yeah they should have. i like what you called it.

i have to admit that i can't stand "fakebook" either. i only go on there for games. i hate when they post pictures and brag about how well their day went. things are getting too personal on there too because of girlfriends and boyfriends split up and they argue over the "fakebook".

I don't have a facebook and don't want to,not because of what you mentioned,but because it's purely a waste of time. A translated (from portuguese) (and now gramaticly correct) excert of a conversation of two friends of mine:

"Hey,how you doing baby?"

"Doing fine,how about you?"

"Am too. I have to log off now"

"Ok,see ya,lots of love"

"Love to you too"

And remember,these are two friends,who seemingly have time to go on meaningless conversations like this. It's just a pure waste of time,but there are some exceptions,ofcourse

Yeah, and imagine all that social integration stuff going on with facebook. Soon I expect you won't have any privacy at all and your life as a loser and every click you do in the internet will be exposed to this world. Though now imho the most successful person I closely know doesn't have a facebook account and feels ok. He's not old btw.

I think that is one of facebook major cons. I experienced pretty much the same thing when i started using facebook. Before i got facebook i was actually quite pleased with my situation, it didn't bother me really. Then the updates started flooding in, people where publishing photos of gatherings and parties and as you mentioned munia, bragging about their life. I was about to quit then but then i decided to try to ignore it. If people think I'm a loser because i don't have that many friends on my list so what, its who i am. At least I'm not trying to conceal that i have few friends. But you know there are bigger worries in this world then how many friends you have on your friends list on facebook or what people write mostly they are probably insecure and don't want to look like outcasts.

"A California man has pleaded guilty to charges that he broke into the e-mail accounts of thousands of women, scouring them for nude photos that he then posted to the Internet. George Bronk, 23, was arrested in late October after police found evidence that he'd hacked into more than 3,200 e-mail accounts. He used the same technique that Sarah Palin hacker David Kernell used to break into the former U.S. vice presidential candidate's Yahoo account: He scoured his victims' Facebook accounts for answers to the security questions used by Web-based e-mail services such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail." Read more of the story here. WHAT A SHAME, ZUCKED AGAIN! LG:)

munia said:
I hate facebook! its such a thing that makes me feel like a big loser. im reminded of my mistakes and how much my friends and mates have moved on and left me 8 yrs! behind.

all i see are people posting pictures and comments to brag and show off hw great dier lives are, making me feel hopeless and jealousy.
wats dis craze 4 facebook anyway? its annoying hw evryday i here d questn "r u on facebook"? makes me wana cry.
does anybodyelse feel dis way? tell us about it.

Hi everyone! I have just spotted this thread on this forum and think this is integral to my current psychological research. I am investigating different social aspects of facebook and why (and why not people use it, and who!) I posted a while ago about my study exploring facebook usage among different types of people with different personalities- unfortunately this questionnaires data was deleted- so if anyone has any spare time to take part in the new questionnaire please use this new link
http://nclpsych.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV...8Zbc6KawBe
I need as many research participants as possible to be able to explore my hypotheses effectively so if anyone can spare 15minutes it would be greatly appreciated. To enter the prize draw for £50 amazon vouchers please leave your email in the comment box
Thanks xxxx

I like Facebook but I think they should change the name to VagueBook. Too many people post vague statuses regarding the current drama in their lives. I think it's just a plea for attention to get people to feel sorry for them or to ask them what's wrong. It's rather annoying in that regard.

I don't get jealous of the good things in the lives of the people on my friends' list. Most of them are so busy going on and on about how great their kids are that I mostly find that annoying. Too many people use their kids as a wall to disguise that their identities are lost in their children/grandchildren. And people who use pics of their kids as their profile pics annoys the crap out of me. I don't care if people don't use a pic of themselves as their profile pic, but don't put your kids/grandchildren as your profile pic. You are not they and they are not you. That's probably my biggest pet peeve with Facebook. Well, that and the vague statuses.

i mostly get jealous of all the people from high school on facebook who are still so close, while i talk to no one from high school and none of them are interested in talking to me ever. :p

jales said:
i mostly get jealous of all the people from high school on facebook who are still so close, while i talk to no one from high school and none of them are interested in talking to me ever. :p

Wait, wait, wait! You mean there are people who are still close with people they went to school with? I mean, that's reality? There are people like that?

Wow! I seriously did not know anyone ever stayed in touch with people they went to school with. I had always figured that like my friends from high school, everyone just kinda grew apart eventually. If there are truly people out there that didn't happen to, I am truly in awe. That's the kind of friendship I've always wanted but never was able to cultivate.

Still, it offers a perspective I was not aware of. That's pretty cool actually.

I look at it like this - if people don't want to talk to me, it's because they're not meant to teach me anything and I'm not meant to teach them anything in this lifetime.

Well it's only been 5 years since I left high school. But even my older brothers and sisters all have friends from highschool.

One of my brothers, his best friend is someone he went to kindergarten with, they met when they were like 3 years old. They see each other everyday. My other brother is also close to them and has friends from primary school. They formed groups od friends since primary school and it's a lot of them and they still talk daily and meet daily.

My oldest sister's two best friends are people she met when she was about 6 ..they went to the same primary school.

Almost all of the groups of friends i know from high school are still friends.. the same groups.. they post pictures weekly of themselves together.

In high school, I had no friends. Lol I spoke to one or two people but I was so confused about what I wanted to study that I changed classes too often to really make friends. I changed like 3 times. I also repeated a year.

Anyway I also went to an all girls very close-knit school, and I'm from a relatively small island where most people from highschool seem to remain friends for life. I mean when you live in Trinidad (where I'm from) you will see the people you went to school with...whether you intend to or not.

The island is not soooo small but if you go out everyday, you will see people you know everyday.

Stephanie said:
jales said:

Wait, wait, wait! You mean there are people who are still close with people they went to school with? I mean, that's reality? There are people like that?

Wow! I seriously did not know anyone ever stayed in touch with people they went to school with. I had always figured that like my friends from high school, everyone just kinda grew apart eventually. If there are truly people out there that didn't happen to, I am truly in awe. That's the kind of friendship I've always wanted but never was able to cultivate.

I look at it like this - if people don't want to talk to me, it's because they're not meant to teach me anything and I'm not meant to teach them anything in this lifetime.

I also hate facebook (and myspace too) for a number of reasons. I've never had an account, and prefer it to stay that way. For me, I'd like my past to stay in the past. I don't want to find people I used to know, I don't want them to find me, and I honestly could give a crap about how they are doing.

Aside from that, these sites can do a lot of damage to relationships between people - breaking trust and confidence, spreading lies, destroying marriages, etc. etc. And since it has impacted my life in a negative way, I can't imagine ever participating.

Then there is what others here have said - it's fake. People just pretending to care about others, and looking for an excuse to show off their lives. It may be more than that, though. I sometimes wonder if people don't use it to just convince themselves that their lives are all that great. They brag about their friend numbers and what they know about others' lives, but in real life they probably never see those people they want to believe they are close to. I mean, it is a fact that even with all this technology, people are less connected than ever.

Stephanie said:
jales said:

Of course, ppl still stay in touch after high school. at least ppl 4rm d high sch i attended r still intouch. dier pictures r splattered al over facebook. u can c dat dey'r doin great 2geda. most of d time if they r large group of close friends, dey split. lik into two's. d ones dat dont stay close r dose not in d same state.
im still very much in touch my best friend 4rm high sch. i av 2 admit i used 2 b so jealous of all she has acheived. she's gettin married next month. wen she was abt 2 have her engagement, her fiance did a countdown on facebook. hw annoying!

jimmymckooel said:
I've turned off my facebook but I know what you mean, but people only show what they want you to see on facebook. They should call it fakebook.
+1

It's a big game. "I can fool somebody on the internet. I'm so smart." Bunch of losers.

Facebook is ok but I only go on there every few days. Most of our family stays in touch via facebook. I have a few friends from school in facebook. Other then that facebook doesn't really matter to me.

Facebook. A more wretched hive of fakeness and crapworthiness.

It's turned friendship into nothing more than a series of stupid wall postings and needless updates.
I had a friendship of almost 14 years turned into that kind of crap.
A lot of the people on Facebook don't really know what friendship is, and are so attention-starved, they'll post anything for attention.
They want to be their own little celebrity.
I'm glad I'm no longer on there and would happily warn people the drawbacks of not only Facebook, but other supposed 'social' media.

Stephanie said:

My 3 of my best friends are friends I met freshman year in HS, I am almost 30 now. I have even reconnected with friends from middleschool on facebook.

I personally really like facebook and spend WAY too much time on there. I love catching up with friends I lost touch with. I like it when my local friends post photos of the parties they go to. They all got sick of asking me to everythign and me saying no, but I know any time I want to go party I just have to tell any of them I want to go party with them next time, and they get all excited because I never go party anymore.

OP you should try just telling your friends you want to go party too. Maybe they think you would say no or something like that.

Latest posts

Back