facebook purge

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should call it Fake book because it's so fake. People who aren't your real friends pretending to be and adding you as their "friend." I just don't like it and I don't get it. My one so called real friend doesn't even go on there and doesn't even own a computer. He doesn't even have a cell phone. Needless to say it can be a challenge to get a hold of him. LOL.

Mike413 said:
They should call it Fake book because it's so fake. People who aren't your real friends pretending to be and adding you as their "friend." I just don't like it and I don't get it. My one so called real friend doesn't even go on there and doesn't even own a computer. He doesn't even have a cell phone. Needless to say it can be a challenge to get a hold of him. LOL.

a couple of women at work mentioned me deleting them off my facebook. They said they missed my posts. I explained my reasons but then told one I would re add her. No escaping it !

I'm sorry but I find these Facebook issues annoying (No offense, duff).

Yes I know I don't need to read the thread, or whatever, but just knowing people dwell on such a stupid social system - that's destroying normal interaction - is pathetic. I think about 2% of all users, use it how it was intended, the rest use it as a dating site, to stalk, or to show off/gain a none-existing social status.

...well that's my 2 pence, I'm done.

9006 said:
I'm sorry but I find these Facebook issues annoying (No offense, duff).

Yes I know I don't need to read the thread, or whatever, but just knowing people dwell on such a stupid social system - that's destroying normal interaction - is pathetic. I think about 2% of all users, use it how it was intended, the rest use it as a dating site, to stalk, or to show off/gain a none-existing social status.

...well that's my 2 pence, I'm done.

people get offended when you delete them.

I agree it is stupid.

duff said:
Mike413 said:

a couple of women at work mentioned me deleting them off my facebook. They said they missed my posts. I explained my reasons but then told one I would re add her. No escaping it !

i sent off some friends requests - some accepted, some haven't. It's a good way of finding who your friends are. A few different friends. Hopefully it will be better !

duff said:
i sent off some friends requests - some accepted, some haven't. It's a good way of finding who your friends are. A few different friends. Hopefully it will be better !

Some people accept just for the hell of it but they really could care less about being your friend.

ladyforsaken said:
duff said:

Some people accept just for the hell of it but they really could care less about being your friend.

they might write more interesting stuff though !

I know it really means fresia all !

I have conflicting views on Facebook. I'm currently studying and was encouraged to join up for the groups relevant to my degree. In that sense it's a handy way of posting and viewing relevant articles, sharing views and ideas on the subject of study and so on. My friends list is small and selective, very selective. Choose your friends carefully and you probably won't encounter too much tedious crap.
Posting a status on Facebook is no different to starting a thread here...they're both done seeking a response. Maybe you don't get the response you hoped for but that's life. Nobody else knows the exact parameters of our own individual bullshit tolerance except ourselves.

Poguesy said:
Again,

I believe those who continue to shout the anti-facebook comments are socially jealous.

Excrement.

Poguesy said:
No.

It's pretty obvious when you look at how some people go on about it at length.

Maybe some, I wouldn't write everyone off as being jealous, socially.

Poguesy said:
Again,

I believe those who continue to shout the anti-facebook comments are socially jealous.

I'm not.

I admit I'm slightly jealous when I see some woman gushing over some bloke but Ive had that all my life, so I'm used to it.

I socialize a lot through Facebook. I love it.

But not everyone is like that, and I have lost some Facebook friends because they delete me after not talking to me for a while.

duff said:
Ive just deleted most of my so called friends on facebook. All but one of the people I work with.

Ive had enough of the arsey comments. Got some last night and they get 'liked' by someone else. It felt like they were getting at me. Just had some more (just because I won the grand national sweepstakes again) - so I deleted them. I think if they have a problem then talk about it to my face. This morning they didn't, nice as pie. And then I get a shitty comment which gets 'liked' by some other wanker.

So that was it, I deleted all of them. Just left one, who I consider to be a friend.

So pissed off with the people I work with. I've said 'morning' all week and none of the ******* have even replied. Just ignore me, walk a few paces and say a bright 'hello' to somebody else. How am I supposed to feel after that ?

The only nice people at work are the customers. They keep me going, smiling and saying 'hi' to me.

I mean they never admit they do anything wrong, it's always my fault. We was short staffed on Thursday and this woman walked in and spent and hour in the managers office crying instead of working. Talk about unbalanced !

Don't ever get friendly with your coworkers. Make them think you're an *******. Since it's already too late for you though, the only thing I can say is just try to ignore them.

Jocsaint said:
duff said:
Ive just deleted most of my so called friends on facebook. All but one of the people I work with.

Ive had enough of the arsey comments. Got some last night and they get 'liked' by someone else. It felt like they were getting at me. Just had some more (just because I won the grand national sweepstakes again) - so I deleted them. I think if they have a problem then talk about it to my face. This morning they didn't, nice as pie. And then I get a shitty comment which gets 'liked' by some other wanker.

So that was it, I deleted all of them. Just left one, who I consider to be a friend.

So pissed off with the people I work with. I've said 'morning' all week and none of the ******* have even replied. Just ignore me, walk a few paces and say a bright 'hello' to somebody else. How am I supposed to feel after that ?

The only nice people at work are the customers. They keep me going, smiling and saying 'hi' to me.

I mean they never admit they do anything wrong, it's always my fault. We was short staffed on Thursday and this woman walked in and spent and hour in the managers office crying instead of working. Talk about unbalanced !

Don't ever get friendly with your coworkers. Make them think you're an *******. Since it's already too late for you though, the only thing I can say is just try to ignore them.

I will do my best !

I perm deleted that crap site about 2 years ago

'fishing for likes' and comments is pathetic

Poguesy said:
9006 said:
Poguesy said:
Again,

Excrement.

No.

socially jealous or sick of a bullshit website full of idiots fishing for likes :p

my life is far better off without it and always will be, when people have to pay for an account (it will happen I promise) one day, we'll see how social they all are ;):p

drr26 said:
I perm deleted that crap site about 2 years ago

'fishing for likes' and comments is pathetic

Poguesy said:
9006 said:
Poguesy said:
Again,

Excrement.

No.

socially jealous or sick of a bullshit website full of idiots fishing for likes :p

my life is far better off without it and always will be, when people have to pay for an account (it will happen I promise) one day, we'll see how social they all are ;):p

this bloke at work, he writes messages to his girlfriend saying he loves her and she writes back saying she loves him back.

What the fresia is the point ?
They can tell each other, why write it so every ****** can read it ?

A few people do that. How ******* boring !

When I was dating this woman a few years ago, I never did any of that.

Latest posts

Back