Facebook sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol stalker :D me too. one of my least favorite things is that app that lets you answer questions about your "friends". One guy said my face was one only a mother could love. I hate facebook, but i'm a mw addict.

NOAH_FX said:
Facebook is definitely evil.. Second only to World of Warcraft which is a plague.

Oh, WoW is evil and plays dirty with it. A really nice girl - well, I thought she was anyway - refused to go out on any more dates with me cos I interrupted an important guild raid she was involved in, and she got really cross with me!

ThinkPositive said:
I'm going to be perfectly blunt here -- I really think a lot of you are taking out your own insecurities on Facebook. I don't use it to make others or myself "feel special." The majority of my friends don't live near me, and I like to see what they're up to and how they're doing, and I like to share how my life is going too. I especially enjoy going through photos, particularly if they involve travel. Also, people sometimes put up interesting/fun links or videos.

If you don't like Facebook, don't use it. If you don't want strangers to know your info, don't Friend people you don't know, and change your security settings so that only your Friends have access to most of your profile (this is what I do). You can even temporarily deactivate it if you need a break, something else I've done before.

Facebook is only evil for how much it's a time suck. :p

csmswhs said:
then i tried to deactivate my account, which is virtually impossible. but i thought finally it had truly deactivated.

so then, lol, i sign on to see if it actually was deactivated. and you know what?? it says something like 'heeeeey welcome back!' 'your now reactivated!!' (without me requesting reactivation).

I did this recently too, because I needed to take a short break. They tell you, both on the page and in a follow-up email, that it will save your settings and you can reactivate simply by logging back on. So you did "request" reactivation by signing back on, just like it told you that it was going to do. I also saw a link on the deactivation page somewhere about where you can contact them to actually DELETE your account, so you can try looking for that.

csmswhs said:
then today i see on his or was it my page(?)(its hard to tell on facebook) that someone is asking one of those question things, supposedly all about me and for all my details???? and he answered??? the way it looks???

this freaks me out!!! and to top it off, oh, nevermind, but i don't know how, but all these people i don't want near the page that i've met in my past for 5 days, and some relatives, god knows who and some blankface strangers are trying to get in, something like that? how the hell do they know i have an account?

then i'm thinking, i have the settings set to private, as you can only see my pic on the front page unless accepted as a 'friend'. so i'm thinking one of these people i'd rather not view my account or be in contact with saw the man i'm talking about picture as a friend on my page??? and so they contacted him inquiring about me???

(i don't know if they can see it or not)

that's all i can figure. and its starting to creep me out. and irk me.

Don't worry; even if strangers try to access your page, as long as you have your privacy settings up, they won't be able to. Unless you Friend them of course...if you get a request from someone who you don't want, just click on "Ignore" and they won't be able to get to your account.

If it still really freaks you out that much, you can delete your account, or you can just deactivate and this time don't sign back on!

good point

I was in the facebook before, but I deleted my account, because I have only one friend, so I don't need it.
I felt very lonely there and it made me sad because everybody else was more friends than me, I know, it's stupid thinking about like that.. :/

Me, i used to have facebook, but after a short while i deleted it permenently. Sure there are good points, but then there are also bad points about it, allow me to rant a bit, you dont have to read, but i have fun writing them! :rolleyes:

I hated the people that talked crap "Oh I just had super noodles. Yum" Like i care what you have just eaten! talk about good things-there is so much in this world to learn and uncover, and you waste your time talking about a noodle snack!?! Or the pictures people took- people posing with a face like a duck (google "duck face" and you will see what i mean).I dont know why people find that attractive. Then theres the whole competativness of the friends list. People do add random people to boost up their numbers to show off. Sure they can do that if they want, but then they complain at lack of security! Girls of about 15 adding me with the message "Sorry about the random add xx" Well if you are sorry, dont fu***ng do it then! Im not adding you child! Then the people from my past- i hated you in school, what makes you think i want you to see what im doing?!
I also found that facebook leads to friendships ending faster- if your not bombarding the others with messages and pokes or whatever, they forget about you!
Oh, bitchyness increases on facebook- the protection of a screen and keyboard unleashes the scared and pathetic creature that backstabs people.

Then theres the site itself; random changes to the security- if you didnt jump in and reset your settings the whole world can see you. They also make other changes that just annoy people. The guy that made it, i forgot the original quote, but when he first created it he practically mocked the people that truested him with their personal info, laughing at the fact they truested him (its true-google it! Il have to try find it). Thats pretty concerning to me considering he now has access to millions!
Oh its also a stalkers wet dream- people are laying bare everythig about them-its never been so easy, then the random changes to security shares the private stuff that was previously unseen! Oh and whats with this addiction thats going on- people spending all their life hooked on it and spending loads of money on that farm thing. If you enjoy it so much, plant sum **** seeds! its healthier and more benificial, oh its probably cheaper!

to defend it, sure its good for keeping in touch with friends; but then so is email, phones and letters. oh and skype is good and there is no addiction with them normally!

phew rant over, had a bad day- facebook seemed like an easy target to vent on haha :p

Overall I like facebook. Yes people have more 'friends' than me and my messages don't get answered much. But it is a good way of keeping in touch with people, rather than sending emails etc.

Rolo said:
Oh and whats with this addiction thats going on- people spending all their life hooked on it and spending loads of money on that farm thing. If you enjoy it so much, plant sum **** seeds! its healthier and more benificial, oh its probably cheaper!

LOL. I haven't posted on here in a long time but I still get alerts for threads I posted in the past and I wanted to reply to this one.
I like Facebook for the most part, but I 100% agree with you on the whole Farmville (and other games like it) and you made me laugh. I absolutely refuse any requests I get for any type of Facebook game. Or most "apps" for that matter...I think photo-sharing is the most useful thing on there. And I don't mean the people who post tons of pictures of themselves; I mean things like travel photos that are fun.

Latest posts

Back