Falling in love for the first time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euphoria

Reaction score
Hi there,

I hardly ever speak or write in English (as it's not my native language), so oftentimes I'm having trouble finding the right words. I'm trying my best though.

Up untill last year I had never been in love, never had a girlfriend or even been on a real date. Mostly because my social anxiety got in the way and I would just avoid it all together. For years I questioned myself if I was normal and if it would ever happen for me. Even the people around me started wondering. Not that they'd say it out loud, but you could see them think.

Then at 22 I met this girl and I fell in love for the first time in my life. Yes, I can say now, It's everything they picture it to be, down to the butterflies in the stomach. It's the best feeling in the world. And even though the relationship did not last, I am happy and grateful to have experienced these feelings for the first time. It gives me confidence that it can happen again.

So for those who have never been in love or just haven't met the right person yet, don't give up hope, don't despair. It will happen eventually, even if you may not think so now. Do not feel pressured by society or the people around you. Anyway, I'm sending positive thoughts to anyone that needs them.

Thank you for sharing that. Your positive outlook is contagious, at least to me. Thanks

Wonderful :) Whether or not it worked out, yes it is good to have the experience as well as you know what to look for and what to avoid in someone.

Latest posts

Back