Favorite piece of 'Classical' music?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissWrite726 said:
A River In You by Yiruma

That is one beautiful song and I've loved it for a while now. I also like kiss the rain. Might try to play them both sometime.

Adagio for strings by Samuel Barber. You won't find a more emotional piece of classical music ever

Peer Gynt Suite - Grieg
The Nutcracker - Tchaikovsky
Pastoral Symphony - Beethoven
Serenade for Strings - Dvorak
Gymnopedies - Satie

I'd say Recuerdos de la Alhambra and Piano Sonata No.14-Moonlight Sonata

"St. Matthew's Passion -- Befiehl Du Diene Wege" (by Bach, BWV 244) -- as performed by the Hilliard Ensemble. Truly beautiful.

----Steve

this gives me goose pimples every time i hear it. so dark, creepy and disturbing. fantastic piece of music though. it is by Mussorgsky and called 'Night on Bald Mountain'

The second movement of Grieg's piano concerto has always had a special place in my heart. It's such a beautiful piece. I'm kinda picky about the performance though:D Couldn't find my favorite, but here's a good one.

[youtube]3CJDZTUnhPA[/youtube]

I love classical music.

I'm currently listening to Natasha Marsh - Ai Giochi Addio

My all time favorites are Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Gabriel Fauré's Pavane and Mozart's Lacrimosa.

La Campanella by Paganini.

This girl in the video plays it better than most versions I've heard:
[youtube]oLWjvKvZYdg[/youtube]

Don't know many classical music but these are my favorites:
[youtube]pYaWn6F8RN8[/youtube]

[youtube]Y7F4z8FV6ME[/youtube]

Vivaldi's violin concerto in A minor. My dad introduced me to this piece when I was little. I must've listened to it many hundreds of times now.

I can't put into words how much I love this piece. It touches me so deeply. It's almost become "part of me", if that makes sense. I often find myself humming or whistling the main theme, without even realising it. That's how deeply it's embedded in my consciousness.

It's difficult to find a good recording of it - it's often played too fast. Here's a reasonable recording:

[youtube]WaHsMkVK8S4[/youtube]

Mozart - Symphony No 40 - one of my favourites.

and also Beethovens Moonlight Sonata...love it!

Mahler's 2nd symphony. Get the Otto Klemperer recording on EMI.

It's a 70 minute listen, but it builds to the most ******* ALMIGHTY climax.

Great fun to sing in too.

This is my favorite "soft" piece
by Mozart
Sonata for Piano No. 11 in A Major, K. 331: Andante Grazioso

and
Cantata No. 147 'Herz Und Mund Und Tat Und Leben', BWV 147: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
by Bach

From the CD of "Great Performances" Ormandy Philadelphia Orchestra 1959

Hands Down: Tchaikovsky: Concerto in D Major for Violin and Orchestra, Opus 35.

Will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!!!

The ups and downs of the violin follows the mind of someone gone almost completely MAD!

Thing is.....there is VICTORY (building, building - save it - save it - save it -) at the end!!!!!!!!

This piece of music has literally SAVED MY LIFE and given me the wherewithall to keep on keeping on...........more times than once!

.........I KID you not!

Probably would not be alive today had it not been for this piece of music!

Latest posts

Back