feel better just finding this site

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mirrors

Hi all,

So glad I found this site and just want to introduce myself. And nice to not have to pretend that life is a bed of roses, as right now its not. "lonely" which is what I googled and found my way here. And "lonely" has been what life has felt like particularly in the past four months. Bloody lonely.

Five months ago I finished a relationship with a man who I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with, but came to realise I had been in love with a con, and a very good one at that. I might of been able to get through that ok on its own, but a month later my Grandfather past away. A real gentleman, and gentle soul as well. He hadn't been well for abit and we were expecting it, but what I wasn't expecting was I found my darling cat (yes a pet) who had hung round with me for fourteen years and drag around different homes with me was very sick the day Grandad died, and had to be put down the day of his funeral. All of that in the space of a month, and that was too many endings to be cope with at once.

Its four months down the track and its been a hard slog but I am doing ok, but Im lonely, and sometimes it beats me. Like today. Sometimes I feel so isolated and lonely as the world is revolving around me. Controlling my thoughts is a fulltime battle so as not to sink into depression. They say its good to talk about stuff, but I found that people, after hearing what had happened initally, didn't want to listen to me talk about it, as it was too much bad to be hearing. I found an outlet for it by getting a good counsellor to listen and guide me through what I was going through, but it left alot of lonely days and nights. Just me myself I.

Anyway, finding this site gave me comfort that I wasn't the only one feeling lonely, so that in itself is a positive. Im having odd moments of positives now and then, so I do have hope to shift out of this stage in my life. :))

Welcome to aLonelyLife.com.

I hope that you find some good value in this site.

I am sorry about this late welcome from me :(

Dear mirrors,
I want to thank you for being honest about the losses you have endured, and how you have had to cope. Your story gives me hope, because I think you have been seeking the right help, and I have the sense your strength and positive attitude will prevail, and eventually it won't be such an intense battle against depression anymore. I think when you keep on the path of self-healing, you are bound to reach a day when you feel deeply lighthearted, when you realize you have succeeded in overcoming the scars, and the magnificence of your life here and now vastly outshines the past.
I also want to give you a gentle warning to be mindful of your attitude toward meeting people. Even though you do have to protect yourself against those who refuse to listen to you grieve, we all have to practice the courage and patience not to cut ourselves off completely. It may take encountering many weak attitudes before finding a soul strongly connected to yours that opens an unexpected world that makes the journey there worthwhile.

Latest posts

Back