Feeling like dirt..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catcher

Reaction score
So I just learned that my relationship with my ex was just a "fantasy" and nothing ever expected to work out. At least this is how he really felt. It's pretty funny hearing something like that from someone who's so clingy and insists on staying "friends" after the breakup and won't leave me alone. I guess the whole point of telling me that was to hurt me. And he succeeded.

I completely wasted my time with this guy. It wasn't make believe for me and I gave the relationship 100% of my time and energy, hoping to make a future together. But it was just a game to him. I feel so stupid, used, and like dirt.

It's long overdue for me to just cut ties and shut this jerk out of my life for good. I shouldn't have to keep being punished. For the first time in forever, I was in a really good mood and now it's ruined and now I feel horrible. And I truly believe that is what he wants. Why else tell me something like that?

People like him deserve to be alone. I'm not obligated to be his "friend" or his punching bag.

Breaks up are rarely easy and I bet he said that not only to hurt you but.. because he is hurting himself. I agree that you should cut this guy out of your life (easier said than done) in most cases. You aren't obligated to be his friend.. it's kind of the opposite you are obligated to not be his friend and think the worst of him staying friends with you ex is never a good idea. I hope you feel better (hug) don't stay sad to long get out there again you'll find somebody much better.

I know that he feels bad. That's the whole reason why I kept contact with him; to let him know that just because we aren't together anymore doesn't mean I don't still care about him. But all he wants to do is be negative and hurt me. If he didn't hurt me so much in the first place, I would have never broken up with him.

I was stupid enough to think that he was just inconsiderate and never meant to hurt me on purpose and genuinely felt sorry for it all. This is why I could forgive him enough to try to be friends. Now I know he's just spiteful.

Thanks for your words, Kindrasaurus. You're very nice :)

I don't know why people have to be like that, it's just mean. I agree, just cut him out of your life if he just keeps hurting you. Just tell him if he can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. That should shut him up.

Latest posts

Back