feeling real lonely,any freinds on here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kimberleykat said:
Hi there.I m kim. Dont worry i m sure you ve met a bunch of friends sharing your loneliness.

hi kim,
sure i did. it's a hit of luck that i found this site with such satisfactorily
like-minded ppl. i bet you too have come to appreciate your stay on here,haven't yah?
thanx for the feedback,hon, and keep cool.:cool::cool:

SophiaGrace said:
Hello again :p

I forgot to give you our chatroom link! Silly me.

chat.alonelylife.com

oh thanx so much,sophia.
truly appreciate it.:cool::cool:

samijamal said:
The Thin Red Line is actually a story related to the US forces during the battle of Guadalcanal(Solomon Islands) in World War II . it's significance is in the questioning of the morality of war itself. i think the narration voicing is also remarkable.

i think Casablanca is also unique in its own way. i mean the wartime romance that displays both passion and valor/courage, it's really something.
i think you have a good cinematic taste,by the way.:cool:

Ahhhhh ok. I have to check that out sounds good! Morality of war...Hmmm I think Kubrick touched on that in Paths of Glory.

Ahhh why thank you! Yeah your taste is also interesting and alluring. Yeah Casablanca is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. The fact that they were able to display passion, love, courage, in a time of decay and death etc, is quite farcical, but ultimately extreamly romantic.

Have you seen There Will Be Blood?

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
The Thin Red Line is actually a story related to the US forces during the battle of Guadalcanal(Solomon Islands) in World War II . it's significance is in the questioning of the morality of war itself. i think the narration voicing is also remarkable.

i think Casablanca is also unique in its own way. i mean the wartime romance that displays both passion and valor/courage, it's really something.

Ahhhhh ok. I have to check that out sounds good! Morality of war...Hmmm I think Kubrick touched on that in Paths of Glory.

Ahhh why thank you! Yeah your taste is also interesting and alluring. Yeah Casablanca is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. The fact that they were able to display passion, love, courage, in a time of decay and death etc, is quite farcical, but ultimately extreamly romantic.

you don't cease to amaze me.(There Will Be Blood) is a story of the sort. you mean that movie about a greedy oilman sucking the blood of both earth and the people on it- somewhere in California,right? as far as i recollect,the script was an adapttation of a novel by a renown author.
the story is impressive and the movie,as a whole, stands as one of the major works testifying to the existence of a concept of a cinematic realism. y.know, i'm loving this conversation with you. i really do, as you've made it a truly deserving and worthy one.

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

you don't cease to amaze me.(There Will Be Blood) is a story of the sort. you mean that movie about a greedy oilman sucking the blood of both earth and the people on it- somewhere in California,right? as far as i recollect,the script was an adapttation of a novel by a renown author.
the story is impressive and the movie,as a whole, stands as one of the major works testifying to the existence of a concept of a cinematic realism. y.know, i'm loving this conversation with you. i really do, as you've made it a truly deserving and worthy one.

Hee hee I'm flattered immensely. Yep that's the film. Yeah the novel is called Oil, I can't remember who the author is. Ahhhh Cinematic Realism!!! By any chance have you seen the British version of The Office? In terms of realism, I think it is at the forefront. I might be jumping the gun there, but it is frighteningly accurate and brilliant . With TWBB I find it hard to properly point to what makes the film 'real', but whatever it is, it makes the film somewhat hypnotic! There is also this whole idea on how the cooperative movement on oil was the begining of capitalism, and how the main character, Daniel Plainview, is a metaphor for capitalism; he is ruthless, unforgiving, ambitious, he rises then falls.

I'm loving this convo too. :D At the mo I don't have anyone to talk to films about with in a detail. Although, ironically, when I do get an opportunity to talk about films, my mind goes blank and I end up saying things that everyone already knows and assumes. :p

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Hee hee I'm flattered immensely. Yep that's the film. Yeah the novel is called Oil, I can't remember who the author is. Ahhhh Cinematic Realism!!! By any chance have you seen the British version of The Office? In terms of realism, I think it is at the forefront. I might be jumping the gun there, but it is frighteningly accurate and brilliant . With TWBB I find it hard to properly point to what makes the film 'real', but whatever it is, it makes the film somewhat hypnotic! There is also this whole idea on how the cooperative movement on oil was the begining of capitalism, and how the main character, Daniel Plainview, is a metaphor for capitalism; he is ruthless, unforgiving, ambitious, he rises then falls.

I'm loving this convo too. :D At the mo I don't have anyone to talk to films about with in a detail. Although, ironically, when I do get an opportunity to talk about films, my mind goes blank and I end up saying things that everyone already knows and assumes. :p

i haven't seen The Office but i heard of it. and i think that's a bit odd
or better to say "extreme" representation of the concept of realism in cinematography. i mean to reflect a realistic image of life is undoubtly different than picturing life itself, in flesh and blood,so as to speak.
in the latter instance you deprive the spectator from the artistic processing of the input,so all that you do is present life raw,in a way of speaking. you can assimilate/liken that to what happens when you present
the salad dish with the salad as it came from the market,and when you
do it and present it the way they do at the Hilton.

y.know, i just read a review of the movie There Will Be Blood,you're right
there about the protagonist being a figurative representation of capitalism,in terms of the story's own world, tho the way the author sees capitalism is itself controversial

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

or better to say "extreme" representation of the concept of realism in cinematography. i mean to reflect a realistic image of life is undoubtly different than picturing life itself, in flesh and blood,so as to speak.
in the latter instance you deprive the spectator from the artistic processing of the input,so all that you do is present life raw,in a way of speaking. you can assimilate/liken that to what happens when you present

there about the protagonist being a figurative representation of capitalism,in terms of the story's own world, tho the way the author sees capitalism is itself controversial

Hmmmm. I don't think you can reflect it to it's highest extent. But The Office comes extreamly close, even though it still has big characters and a plot etc. Yeah artistically your kinda paralysed, but that's why directors focus on other things like the set orrr i dunno clever camera work etc :S
Hhahahaha i liekd your analogy there with the salad cream.

Yeah, I just googled and read that too, wa-hey I was right! Although to be fair, I did do an essay on Capitalism quite recently, and included information on how everything begun and revolved around Oil. :p

Dude you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Hmmmm. I don't think you can reflect it to it's highest extent. But The Office comes extreamly close, even though it still has big characters and a plot etc. Yeah artistically your kinda paralysed, but that's why directors focus on other things like the set orrr i dunno clever camera work etc :S

Yeah, I just googled and read that too, wa-hey I was right! Although to be fair, I did do an essay on Capitalism quite recently, and included information on how everything begun and revolved around Oil. :p

i wanted to say that the way many authors see capitalism (as a vampire) is their own way and view,and so it doesn't have to be right. it doesn't have to be wrong either,it's just their own view,and here i'm adding an item to the famous saying:To each his own(view). to me,capitalism is the only just economic system. and it has been there all the time but only Karl Marx had to deny it for the sake of his jerry-built positing known as the theory of five stages. for example,he alleged the fudal system to be one of those fictional satges of his whereas the fudal system is a social definition rather than an economic one,and the fudal system itself was a result of adjoining capitalism and slavery. only the production in those days was agricultural instead of industrial. we can see it clearly by trying to mentally synthesize it by eliminating and exracting the factors of the renaissance and the French Revolution and with the production being industrial instead of agricultural.

one cannot tolerate the communistic principle of depriving humans from their natural right to have a private property and the profit of their hard work.

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

i wanted to say that the way many authors see capitalism (as a vampire) is their own way and view,and so it doesn't have to be right. it doesn't have to be wrong either,it's just their own view,and here i'm adding an item to the famous saying:To each his own(view). to me,capitalism is the only just economic system. and it has been there all the time but only Karl Marx had to deny it for the sake of his jerry-built positing known as the theory of five stages. for example,he alleged the fudal system to be one of those fictional satges of his whereas the fudal system is a social definition rather than an economic one,and the fudal system itself was a result of adjoining capitalism and slavery. only the production in those days was agricultural instead of industrial. we can see it clearly by trying to mentally synthesize it by eliminating and exracting the factors of the renaissance and the French Revolution and with the production being industrial instead of agricultural.

one cannot tolerate the communistic principle of depriving humans from their natural right to have a private property and the profit of their hard work.

Ahh yeah. I haven't read up on Marx properly. All my sociology teachers praised Marx to the highest extent: "Oh Marx was a genius, he would have solved everything, Oh Marx this, Marx that!". It was pretty funny. I once brought up one of Freud's points. He said something along the lines of, any form of civilization will break down due to humans natural social implications, and they all debunked this by saying "oh no Marx solved everything, he was a genius, Marx Marx Marx!" It was pretty amazing. :p

Have you read 1984?

Marx just wanted power, he thought it was more important than actually finding a working form of state. If you read what he wrote, you can see that he was way too smart to actually believe it. Communism is just plain stupid. Which means that he didn't care about that, apparently.

Frued was revolutionary for his time but his theories are of course archaic now. Towards the end of his career he was really obsessed with his theories being the one and only truth, as he was getting more and more criticism from others in his field.. I kind of dislike that. And I don't like his theories either, personally :p He may have truly believed in them, and some of his concepts are still very valuable, but the stuff about sexual frustrations being the cause of all psychiatrical conditions and those kinds of things.. it's rediculous and I don't like it a single bit. It sounds like he himself just had a lot of sexual frustrations and the form in which those manifested themselves were his studies ;)

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Ahh yeah. I haven't read up on Marx properly. All my sociology teachers praised Marx to the highest extent: "Oh Marx was a genius, he would have solved everything, Oh Marx this, Marx that!". It was pretty funny. I once brought up one of Freud's points. He said something along the lines of, any form of civilization will break down due to humans natural social implications, and they all debunked this by saying "oh no Marx solved everything, he was a genius, Marx Marx Marx!" It was pretty amazing. :p

Have you read 1984?

yeah, i did. this's, in my opinion, Orwell's most genius and perfect work. i'd even say it's the ultimate literary work in centuries. the genius of Orwell's in this novel is evident in his formulation of a fictional language (Newspeak) that can stand as a concrete linguistic system in real life. i deem that utterly genius.

how about a novel titled One Day in The Life of Ivan Densovitch(not sure of the spelling) ?have you read it or heard about it? i remember it gave a real sense of abhorrence,with its realistic images and tangibly substantial depiction of the life of a man reduced to a status less than a slave or even less than an animal. plz have a look at it if you haven't already done that.

Hmmm...Speaking of Marxist Socialism and Communism...a good book to read with a similar theme is the Russian novel, "Heart of a Dog" (Собачье Cердце) by Bulgakov (Булгаков). Quick plot: mad doctor puts human parts in a dog, dog becomes like a human...but is still a wild animal. Doctor freaks out, takes parts out, dog returns to normal.

This is a huge commentary/satire on how the Bolshevik Soviets may try to institute socialism/communism, but that human nature remains, and will in the end rule the day in spite of the glorious social beliefs of Soviet Communism. A very interesting read written in 1925 but not published due to censorship until 1968. I read it in Russian, so I don't know if there are English translations...but if you find one, go for it!

BTW I liked 1984 too. :D

----Steve

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

yeah, i did. this's, in my opinion, Orwell's most genius and perfect work. i'd even say it's the ultimate literary work in centuries. the genius of Orwell's in this novel is evident in his formulation of a fictional language (Newspeak) that can stand as a concrete linguistic system in real life. i deem that utterly genius.

how about a novel titled One Day in The Life of Ivan Densovitch(not sure of the spelling) ?have you read it or heard about it? i remember it gave a real sense of abhorrence,with its realistic images and tangibly substantial depiction of the life of a man reduced to a status less than a slave or even less than an animal. plz have a look at it if you haven't already done that.

Hahaha reeally? Newspeak can work? Hmmmm. What about when the words are reduced to just one word?

I've heard of that novel yeah. All I know about it, it's set in the secound world war and that that main bloke is Russian haha. Wow! Less then an animal! So it's another kind of dystopion book where everything is forever dark and crumbling yet sturn etc?! I just bought Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. You read that?

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

Hahaha reeally? Newspeak can work? Hmmmm. What about when the words are reduced to just one word?

I've heard of that novel yeah. All I know about it, it's set in the secound world war and that that main bloke is Russian haha. Wow! Less then an animal! So it's another kind of dystopion book where everything is forever dark and crumbling yet sturn etc?! I just bought Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. You read that?

what i wanted to say was that newspeak is a concrete linguistic system.Orwell's genius is signified by this very incident of devising
a linguistic system,irrespective of the number of lexical items that
system contains.the measure is the mechanism itself instead of its
logicality. you got the point?

i guess the idea behind the novel One Day in The Life of Ivan Densovitch is that with totalitarianism being in power then no one
is safe and that the abyss can be truly bottomless. there's no limit
to the quantity and quality of suffering humans can be subjected to.

Aldous Huxley wrote a novel with that title? i wouldn't even imagine it.
i should get an ebook copy right away,then. the title is quite titillating.
i'ma dig for it right away. in the mean time, plz tell me what's your take on it.

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

what i wanted to say was that newspeak is a concrete linguistic system.Orwell's genius is signified by this very incident of devising

i guess the idea behind the novel One Day in The Life of Ivan Densovitch is that with totalitarianism being in power then no one

i'ma dig for it right away. in the mean time, plz tell me what's your take on it.

Wow, "the measure is the mechanism itself". That's amazing yet frightening. Have you seen Nathan Barley? It's written by Charlie Brooker and Chris Morris. It's basically set in a near future London, were a majority of people, especially young people, have turned into complete idiots. There is an absurdity to it, but it's potrayed realistically. It's a real shocker because you have to keep reminding yourself, "no people arent like this, peaple are not like this", it's incredible.

Awesome! Sounds like my kind of book. But in a totalitarian regime, would there still be people at the top? And would there be as many big capitalist firms?

Ohhh, well I haven't yet started it. I'm reading this book called the Philosophy of Stanley Kubrick. I swear it's so good, I get an erection :p.

Hey you into poetry at all?

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

Wow, "the measure is the mechanism itself". That's amazing yet frightening. Have you seen Nathan Barley? It's written by Charlie Brooker and Chris Morris. It's basically set in a near future London, were a majority of people, especially young people, have turned into complete idiots. There is an absurdity to it, but it's potrayed realistically. It's a real shocker because you have to keep reminding yourself, "no people arent like this, peaple are not like this", it's incredible.

Awesome! Sounds like my kind of book. But in a totalitarian regime, would there still be people at the top? And would there be as many big capitalist firms?

Ohhh, well I haven't yet started it. I'm reading this book called the Philosophy of Stanley Kubrick. I swear it's so good, I get an erection :p.

see?that's exactly what i meant by saying "you dont cease to amaze me"!
most people dont care about poetry, unlike me coz i LOVE poetry.
and i'm an old dog when it comes to poetry. riming and rhythmic poetry
just petrifies me and captures me like totally. i had a thing for the romantic poets,concentrating on Coleridge,Keats,Wordsworth and Shelly.
do you have a special type or is it general for you?

i think you really are a cool guy,y.know. i really like poetry fans and evaluate
my friendship with them.

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

just petrifies me and captures me like totally. i had a thing for the romantic poets,concentrating on Coleridge,Keats,Wordsworth and Shelly.

i think you really are a cool guy,y.know. i really like poetry fans and evaluate
my friendship with them.

Yeah I readlly enjoy poetry. It's like chocolate. It melts into you and you just enjoy one word after the other. I confess, that metaphor isn;t mine, it's Stephen Fry's. But it's one of feeligns I get from reading poetry.

Yeah I did Coleridge and Wordsworth in College. I liked The Tables Turned, Rhyme of the Ancient Marinere, The Idiot Boy etc.
Lately I've been loving Philip Larkin. I'm not too keen on his other more somewhat rebellious piece's which are usualyl full of swearing. I is strangely becoming my favourite poem. I don't know why, it's just sooo vivid and pretty.

Friday Night At The Royal Station Hotel

Light spreads darkly downwards from the high
Clusters of lights over empty chairs
That face each other, coloured differently.
Through open doors, the dining-room declares
A larger loneliness of knives and glass
And silence laid like carpet. A porter reads
An unsold evening paper. Hours pass,
And all the salesmen have gone back to Leeds,
Leaving full ashtrays in the Conference Room.

In shoeless corridors, the lights burn. How
Isolated, like a fort, it is -
The headed paper, made for writing home
(If home existed) letters of exile: Now
Night comes on. Waves fold behind villages.

I also like Hardy and Blake. Why thank you! Again I think you're being too kind. Surely you don't have trouble finding friends, your very very interesting. And I have to say, I'm somewhat intimidated by your lovely opinions and views. :p

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

my friendship with them.

Yeah I readlly enjoy poetry. It's like chocolate. It melts into you and you just enjoy one word after the other. I confess, that metaphor isn;t mine, it's Stephen Fry's. But it's one of feeligns I get from reading poetry.

Yeah I did Coleridge and Wordsworth in College. I liked The Tables Turned, Rhyme of the Ancient Marinere, The Idiot Boy etc.
Lately I've been loving Philip Larkin. I'm not too keen on his other more somewhat rebellious piece's which are usualyl full of swearing. I is strangely becoming my favourite poem. I don't know why, it's just sooo vivid and pretty.

I also like Hardy and Blake. Why thank you! Again I think you're being too kind. Surely you don't have trouble finding friends, your very very interesting. And I have to say, I'm somewhat intimidated by your lovely opinions and views.

this Larkin's piece is a piece of art. i have always liked the guy.
my first girlfriend who was British gave me his collection.
of course i liked his poem(This Be The Rime)
y.know;
They fresia you up your mom and dad,
They may not want to,but the do,
They fill you with the faults they had,
And add some extra just for you.

:D:D hehehe and what'cha mean by being intimidated by my views?
well,i really thankful for calling them lovely.
i really am sorry for getting back to you late. was traveling
all week. think will be again in a couple of days so dont worry
i'll always reply.

thanx truly
:):)

samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

my friendship with them.

I also like Hardy and Blake. Why thank you! Again I think you're being too kind. Surely you don't have trouble finding friends, your very very interesting. And I have to say, I'm somewhat intimidated by your lovely opinions and views.

y.know;

i'll always reply.

thanx truly

Ahhh yes I've read that one - This be the verse.
Well generally I find people with intelligence and knowledge a little intimidating. Sure, I also feel joy and happiness and all those other wonderful things when I'm talking to them, but intimidation is also there. Questions like, am I hold this conversation up, is the other person enjoying the conversation, have I addressed their points to the highest extent, are they finding it boring, are they doing too much talking or am I, do they enjoy talking more, shall I let them run with what they're saying etc etc, usually come up when I'm talking to anyone. Although, an extent of self-awareness is healthy, I think I may be putting too much thought into things that usually feel as if they are 'flowing' well. I don't know why i mentioned this, in a forums everything seems to flow well haha!

Hey where have you been travelling? Somewhere hot?

ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:
ragiop said:
samijamal said:

Have you read 1984?

my friendship with them.

y.know;

i'll always reply.

thanx truly

Ahhh yes I've read that one - This be the verse.
Well generally I find people with intelligence and knowledge a little intimidating. Sure, I also feel joy and happiness and all those other wonderful things when I'm talking to them, but intimidation is also there. Questions like, am I hold this conversation up, is the other person enjoying the conversation, have I addressed their points to the highest extent, are they finding it boring, are they doing too much talking or am I, do they enjoy talking more, shall I let them run with what they're saying etc etc, usually come up when I'm talking to anyone. Although, an extent of self-awareness is healthy, I think I may be putting too much thought into things that usually feel as if they are 'flowing' well. I don't know why i mentioned this, in a forums everything seems to flow well haha!

Hey where have you been travelling? Somewhere hot?

you are one hell of a sensitive guy, you know?
i like that so very much,by the way.
a sensitive guy is the best friend one can have.

self-awareness is actually a plus,unlike self-conciousness(been there,done that).
i think you really are a perfectly enjoyable conversationalist,tiz how
i see you from this angle. i'll kill for a friend like you. i'm presently lonely
coz the ones i know are all shallow-minded. so,studying is a good esacpe,after all.

Latest posts

Back